Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2012 / 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Welcome to the new Les Arcs season 2012 / 2013 thread.

The summer is over, there is a little dusting of fresh snow high on the mountains this weekend although it will not last long, but still it gives an excuse to open the new thread for the coming season.

Not much to report from the summer months. There has been very little work on the slopes during the summer months on the Les Arcs side of the Paradiski although plenty in Plagne Centre. Take a look at the La Plagne thread for details.

They have been using the earth from the building areas to fill in the places on some pistes where the rocks were coming through skiing down into Arc 1800 and over on the Arc 2000 side and there is plenty of building works going on in various stations, but that seems to be about it for the slopes.

I will try and take some pics when I am in the area again. Maybe someone that is around can add a few. Some of the web cams are now on so you can always take a look at those if you want to track the progress of the coming snow building for this winter.

More details to follow. Hope you all have a good season.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Time to say hello and then I can quickly view this thread via 'view your posts'. Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ +1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
can't wait for Feb 2013 snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
booked for end of Jan next year, can't wait already! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Will watch this thread for sure Very Happy
Les Arcs serious contender for the coming winter as we fancy the train trip again!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just posted pics from Summer 2012 over on my Les Arcs Paradiski Summer page for anyone interested in seeing what went on during the summer. ENJOY!! Very Happy

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.473117369385609.107443.236612893036059&type=3
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowcrazy, Hi Chris Very Happy Looks like an action-packed summer there Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi snowcrazy, this season try to do some Twitter updates snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Arcubulle webcam shows remodelling of the entry to the Tuffes run to avoid the uphill pole. The Table d'Orientation has been removed. It looked very pretty with snow on a few days ago
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is it that time again already? It is? Oh good.

I look forward to a few trips to L.A. this season (God willing) and perhaps that other place too over the valley whose name escapes me. La Plain or somemut

TIA to all those based locally who are so helpful with reports and info. You will get your reward in heaven - oh hang on you're alreday there Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some big earth movement happening at top top of Transarc. Not that I look at webcams off season Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, looks like they are widening and re-profilng the entrance to the Tuffes piste. It often gets unpleasant at the top of that run where it is at its narrowest, so this work should improve that. Also looks like there is something going on at the exit to the Plagnettes lift as well, but that's almost out of shot of the webcam.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There nothing quite like watching the Tuffes piste from the Arcabullle loaded with people who really shouldn't be on there... Making the entrance easier is only going to compound that: at least at the moment some people look, and back off.
Unless there is going to be an earlier 'bail' route across to edit: sorry that's Plagnettes , it may lead to more chaos.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 23-09-12 17:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Some big earth movement happening at top top of Transarc. Not that I look at webcams off season

just logging in really so I can see the updates Very Happy
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/T2FI1rVkd2M&feature=youtube_gdata_player just to get you in the mood for white stuff, here is 1 of my videos from Les Aces 2012. I2f you want to see the other 2, search X9JPF LES ARCS in YouTube , enjoy.
ski holidays
great video Jon Ford snowHead is that taken with a GoPro cam?
ski holidays
Thanks Russeh,
Could justify buying the Go pro. Filmed with Veho Muci Gumball 3000 (half the price of Go pro but films 1080p)
Had to convert the file a few times in order to get online (our internet is shocking - original version would have taken 8hrs to upload!!)
Great quality camera. Cant wait to use it in 2013 holiday. Treated myself to a harness for better stability
snow conditions
Jon Ford wrote:
Thanks Russeh,
Could justify buying the Go pro. Filmed with Veho Muci Gumball 3000 (half the price of Go pro but films 1080p)
Had to convert the file a few times in order to get online (our internet is shocking - original version would have taken 8hrs to upload!!)
Great quality camera. Cant wait to use it in 2013 holiday. Treated myself to a harness for better stability

cool i'll have to check that out. I'm after one myself for the car (i do trackdays) and skiing, the gopro looks the biz but like you say its pretty pricey.
ski holidays
Problem with gopro is that it doesn't come with anything.the muvi gumball comes with car window suction so u can film through car window . Also used this on bonnet when driving low speed. Also comes with strong crocodile clips and 3m pads u can stick to helmets skis etc. You canaalso see what u r filming, unlike gopro. Lense won't b as good but for what i needed its ideal. They are also bringing out more rain aaccessories for it. I got waterproof case and harness for 25quid each. If i had loads of mmoney I'd get gopro, but until the lottery win, muvi is ideal. Already planning film for 2013 ski trip
snow report
Time for a few details for the coming season.

The Funi and other lifts in Les Arcs / Peisey Valandry areas open on the 15 December 2012 and close 27 April 2013.

They could not confirm when the Villoroger lifts open and close, but they should be the same start date as the rest of the area if there is enough snow lower down. I will post details when they have confirmed them.

The Vanoise Express opens on 22 December 2012 and closes 27 April 2013.

The official Les Arcs web page link in English is:

http://en.lesarcs.com/

Ski Passes can be bought here:

http://lesarcs.paradiski.com/ (You will have to wait for it to go live.)

http://en.lesarcs.com/paradiski-unlimited (You can also look here for prices and various options.)

http://www.nirvanalps.com/skipasses/season-skipasses-presale/?lang=en (For those wanting to get the pre-season sale price, but you will need to wait until it goes live and you must buy your season pass before the end of November.)

For Ski school info check this link and those on the page you arrive at:

http://en.lesarcs.com/ski-and-snowboard-schools

The official Webcam links are here:

http://en.lesarcs.com/webcams-resort (Maybe Allam could link them all together as he did last year with just one link to click on.)

If you want a piste map look here:

http://en.lesarcs.com/slope-map (Piste map)

http://www.paradiski.com/#/espace-glisse (Interactive map with lift times.)

Think that will do for today. I will add other links from time to time.

Hope that helps you all with your planning.
snow conditions
Thanks for this very useful information.
snow conditions
Spotted this on Facebook this morning and thought I'd share it here. View from Les Arcs across the Tarentaise. Bourg St Maurice is under the valley cloud. Photo credit to William Cochet.

snow conditions
stunning....
snow report
rob@rar, Cool
snow report
jellemr, thefatcontroller, it's a lovely view isn't it? The coming of winter Happy I think the photo must have been taken from the same building my apartment is in because that's the view that greets me every morning when I'm there.
snow report
migletski wrote:
can't wait for Feb 2013 snowHead

Me too!
latest report
Another photo in a similar vein which took my fancy this morning

Courtesy of the Les arcs Tourist Office. Feels like winter is in the air!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, In Rotherham this morning, that brightened up a miserable morning(place!),
snow conditions
rob@rar, it really is a lovely view...
snow report
ooooo stunning!
snow conditions
Can you please stop publishing pics of the dropping snow line. I am wishing my life away here. A boring Friday in IT support that seems all the more boring with these hints of the coming season popping up and knowing I still have 10 weeks to wait
snow conditions
Getting extremely temped to book 2013 as Les Arcs markII. Had an amazing ski hol there in Feb (easily best resort we have ever been too), but wife & i both want to try Austria for 2013. If the 1 hotel we want to stay in gets booked up (booking early dec), I think we may just have to head back to LA (although a group have invited us to 3Vs, so a couple of tempting offers lie ahead) Either way, looking forward to 2013 hol already!
ski holidays
Quote:

it's a lovely view isn't it? The coming of winter I think the photo must have been taken from the same building my apartment is in because that's the view that greets me every morning when I'm there

Looking at the tree line and the angle I would say it that was taken across the road from Pre St Esprit, just along from where they stash they huskies in winter - great shot.
ski holidays
Just got an e-mail les arcs ski passes just released with 15% discount if you book online in October snowHead
snow report
migletski, Is that all of October? My emails only had the (very tantalising) subject line and nothing in the message Puzzled
snow conditions
UPDATED with correct info as I just checked the Les Arcs page.

Hi guys, I just checked the Les Arcs web page and it says they are offering discounts this month on other ski passes for a limited period. But the pre-season offer on season ski passes is valid until 30.11.2012 and not only until end of october.

Plus you get 25% discount on a Paradiski pass which is well worth the money for a season pass.

Maybe you are only talking about weekly passes which are different.

For more info on the Season Ski passes take a look at these links. It says on the web page that the offer is open until 30 . 11 . 2012 but I would order yours soon rather than wait as this may change.

http://lesarcs.paradiski.com/Product.aspx?num=13

http://www.nirvanalps.com/skipasses/season-skipasses-presale/?lang=en

http://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter
latest report
Posting for updates. Heading for LA mid Jan 2013. Very much looking forward to it.

snow report
migletski wrote:
Just got an e-mail les arcs ski passes just released with 15% discount if you book online in October snowHead

Was this for seasons passes or just off the normal rate? Going for a week in Jan but can buy now if there is a discount to be had.
latest report
Hi folks, correction to my last post. The ski pass discount is only valid for passes up to 15 days, not three weeks. The season pass details are correct. Be quick as it says the offer on the 15 day passes only lasts until the end of October.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy