Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dakine Concourse vs. TNF Base Camp Roller...

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got either of the above??

Want a tonk bag to fit 2 skis (QK'd whitedot directors and coreupt park skis) , one set of poles, one set of boots and everything else for a week for 32kgs. Ambitious, maybe. But still - anyone got one, seen one? Can't seem to find much on TNF bag, except I can't decide if it seems properly padded from the piccys.

Any other recommendations? 190cm, wheeled, tonk.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WTF does tonk mean?

I have the Dakine Fall Line which fits 190cm skis in quite nicely, especially as most skis aren't as long as they claim (due to all ze bends). The 'boot pockets' are useless though and don't fit my boots in at all. Good for outerwear though. The Concourse is 3kg heavier which puts me off as that's 2/3rds of another pair of skis! The skis you have will easily fit in the Fall Line so you can save £60 and 3kg. Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got a Evoc snow roller which seems good. I haven't traveled with it yet though. It'll fit 190's if you have big ones, with plenty of room for boots & other kit in there as well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
meh, haha big, strong, oversized, massive, tonk. All interchangable! Probably.

Was looking at the fall line as well, not sure it'll pack all the apres gear as well as ski gear for a week/two week trip? Concourse is monstrous though, same with TNF one.

Evoc's worth a look too, hello google...

Also come across this http://www.sierratradingpost.com/high-sierra-wheeled-ski-bag-double-expandable~p~71284/ which seems incredibly cheap. But am worried about the get what you pay for rule here.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
meh, haha big, strong, oversized, massive, tonk. All interchangable! Probably.

Was looking at the fall line as well, not sure it'll pack all the apres gear as well as ski gear for a week/two week trip? Concourse is monstrous though, same with TNF one.

Evoc's worth a look too, hello google...

Also come across this http://www.sierratradingpost.com/high-sierra-wheeled-ski-bag-double-expandable~p~71284/ which seems incredibly cheap. But am worried about the get what you pay for rule here.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Although ignore the last link, $40 shipping fees and an American based company if it all goes balls up probably isn't worth the savings...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use a dakine fall line double and think they are great... can also get my ski boots in the pockets if only taking 1 set of skis (even though they are a size 29) and the quality is really good!

Had the concorse in stock before and it is massive... I really wouldn't think that airlines would take them now a days!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joe1890, if you're sharing bindings between the skis then yup all your stuff will fit in a Fall Line if you separate you skis and lie them flat. Personally I'd just take two bags. Skis, boots, ski clothes and what not in the ski bag and everything else in a soft luggage holdall thing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah 2 bags is the ideal, but a struggle when a bit of extra clobber or whatever costs you an extra £50 every return flight. £50 is a lot of French supermarket beer haha. What about the SnoKart one? Remember seeing a thread on here about them, seem to recall a lot of people rated them. No difference in price between that and the Dakine Fall Line though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's too small to fit my skis in so I've not really considered it. Sad

9kg of bag equates to a lot of lost weight though!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have Dakine Concourse. To fit 2 pair of skis plus poles plus boots and everything else I think "ambitious" is the right word:) But if you put your boots elsewhere it should work.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine I could get all my gear in the Evoc with boots and 2 pairs of skis. I'm not sure what that would come to weight wise though. The skis & boots go in with loads of spare room. The bag is about 40cm wide, 20cm deep and nearly 2m long so you can get plenty in as long as you pack it right.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a concourse and often take it on two week trips with two pairs of ski and one set of bindings. There's plenty of room in there for me and usually room to spare but maybe I don't need much clobber to get through a fortnight. At 30kg it's a big lump to hump around.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The bag being a lump doesn't bother me especially.. I'm not a small bloke myself, but the problem would be keeping it below the 32kg health and safety red tape. Reckon I'll have to try and find an actual stockist, attempt to have a proper look at something. Not that easy though I don't reckon.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TNF base camp roller is the bomb,swallows boots ,gloves helmet ski jacket skipants ,poles ,skis 190 easy
wheels are great . def the way to go
latest report
If both pairs of skis are fitted with bindings and your boots are in there along with all of your luggage, I reckon you'll struggle to keep it under 32kg. I've tried three pairs of flat skis with one set of Dynafit bindings, avalanche gear and usual luggage for 2 weeks and couldn't do it. After removing a pair of skis I was down to approx. 30kg. Boots were not included but carried as hand luggage.

joe1890 wrote:
The bag being a lump doesn't bother me especially.. I'm not a small bloke myself, but the problem would be keeping it below the 32kg health and safety red tape. Reckon I'll have to try and find an actual stockist, attempt to have a proper look at something. Not that easy though I don't reckon.
ski holidays
agree 32kg is limiting factor ,not the actual size of the bag
ski holidays
Too true. It's only 2 pairs of skis, and as much as I'd like to have avalanche gear I just can't afford it! Nor justify it. 2 skis, 2 pair of boots, one set of bindings, 1 jacket, 1 trousers, baselayers, then jeans and tshirts etc for a week. eek.
Boots aren't essential as pointed out by Kelskii though I guess. Do have a cheap bootbag that they live in anyway, so could use that instead of handluggage.
ski holidays
vipul, only thing putting me off either of the big bags now is just the sheer cost of the Fitzwilliams..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy