Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No more unallocated seating on easyJet

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Swiller, glad you've got a sense of humour!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller wrote:
There should be a seperate section for Pukeyboarders.
yup, definitely think there should be priority seating for pukers. Right at the front, nearest the loo and exit. Very Happy Will definitely try leaving a sick bag on the middle seat from here on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glad you have a sense of humour Bode!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easyjet are the only option out of Scotland IMO.

Great carrier - ok the ski charge is steep but they will take your boot bag free (with skis). Invest in a massive mamabonker and you can get 3 sets in.

Best seat is the second back row aisle - the back row narrows at the window for even less room
- in the second it doesn't but the voddie and cokes still come bloody quick. Plus you can usually still get a bacon roll to boot.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
miranda wrote:
Wayne can see what Bode Swiller's later post about lying has to do with morals, but what was your issue with his first post? Why are single travellers who would prefer to have the most amount of room possible for the duration of the flight symptomatic of a decline in morals Puzzled A couple who sit apart and hope no one sits in between them is different. But two complete strangers who prefer not to have to fight for storage space and decide to sit apart whilst hoping no one sits in the middle.... what's wrong with that?

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
A Einstein (Bert to his mates; I guess) Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bert Einstein in a letter to his wife
Quote:
You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons...
They would so be sitting window and aisle Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wayne, he also said "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." He was in the non-speedy boarding queue at the time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
miranda wrote:
Why are single travellers who would prefer to have the most amount of room possible for the duration of the flight symptomatic of a decline in morals ?

I genuinely do make an effort on a train that is obviously going to be full to ask the person who has most conspicuously spread handbags, wheelie cases etc and faked being asleep to move their crap so I can sit down. They don't feel so clever once they've had to stack all that on their knees. Selfish and unrealistic behaviour on their part deserves to be called out. Most Easyjet flights I've flown on tend to be pretty full so any couple that expects their own row is equally unrealistic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, Different with trains because there are more bums than seats normally so, obviously, common decency has to prevail. A plane is not always full though so it's a different game called "who has the empty next to them when the door shuts".
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, sure, but that's not what Bode Swiller had said when the point about moral decline came up. Given the choice, if a lone traveller was sitting in the window seat of a row of three, would you sit in the middle or aisle seat?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd certainly do anything (moral or not) to avoid finding myself bang next to someone who calls himself fatbob. It could mean he's very thin and sarcastic I suppose.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
miranda wrote:
Why are single travellers who would prefer to have the most amount of room possible for the duration of the flight symptomatic of a decline in morals

If you have to ask you'll never understand the answer.

Bode Swiller wrote:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

You can take it from me (as I’m a ski instructor and consequentially omniscient) that the universe “is” infinite (and flat) – this was known (theoretically) in Bert’s day, but it couldn’t be proved then as the required technology wasn’t available. To prove it to yourself you’ll need an “extremely” good quality plasma TV in your front room and a bit of string; these combined with some junior school level maths (to work out the angles in a triangle) will provide the proof.
wink But the best thing to do would be to just take my word for it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So back on topic and off the morals talk...

This allocated seating thing, do you have to pay to allocate your seat (unless a EJ loyalty card holder)? If you don't pay you can still get on last, choose who you sit next to and get your egg sarnies out?

Booked to go to Ireland next week with Aer Lingus, they charge 5euro each way for seat allocation. So declined on spending the 20euros (for the two of us) on a seat and will enjoy an extra few pints of Guiness when I get there instead...the flights less than an hour, if I do get split up from the missus I think I'll cope!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wayne wrote:
miranda wrote:
Why are single travellers who would prefer to have the most amount of room possible for the duration of the flight symptomatic of a decline in morals

Miranda that's code for "I haven't a clue but I'd still like to appear intellectual".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne wrote:
miranda wrote:

snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
that's code for "I haven't a clue but I'd still like to appear intellectual".

Oh, a bit of argumentum ad hominem this early in the morning, ok, but let's face it we all know what it means.

If a person makes a decision that they know will produce a greater amount of discomfort to someone else than the relative increase in comfort they gain, this is just being selfish. They know it, everyone knows it, but (and this is the sad thing) they honestly don’t care. They will have justified their actions (selfishness) to their own satisfaction (I’m all right, sod you) and it is really is symptomatic of the current state of morality. I'm not suggesting that this hasn't always been so, but it is noticeably more overt "these days".

The strange thing is that even though they will have self-justified their right to hog as much space as possible (it’s my right ya know); they will feel as aggrieved as anyone else if they find themselves in the reversed situation.

Recap- Do unto others……..etc, etc

wink so children let's all remember our new word for the day...Reciprocity.
snow conditions
Wayne wrote:

If a person makes a decision that they know will produce a greater amount of discomfort to someone else than the relative increase in comfort they gain, this is just being selfish.

Yes, but what has that got to do with the fact that two strangers will choose to sit window and aisle on Easyjet and hope no one sits in the middle? Opting for the middle seat next to a stranger when both middle and aisle are free might be nice and generous for any subsequent passenger who wants to sit in the aisle seat, but it shows a lack of regard for the comfort of the person already sitting in the row! Blocking the middle seat so no one else can sit there is obviously selfish, but that's not what Swiller said he did (although I suspect we're both tempted to try out the sick bag on the middle seat tactic if anyone so much as looks like they might be carrying egg sarnies wink).

Do unto others... yes, please, if I am sitting in the window and there is a middle and aisle seat free, please sit in the aisle seat and I promise to do the same for you! Laughing

manicpb yes, you can still get on last and sit next to someone who has paid to try to not sit next to you Laughing
snow report
manicpb wrote:

This allocated seating thing, do you have to pay to allocate your seat (unless a EJ loyalty card holder)? If you don't pay you can still get on last, choose who you sit next to and get your egg sarnies out?

Apparently, if you don't pay, they'll automatically allocate you a seat - I think at the point when you check-in at the airport, or print your boarding pass online.

So no free choice at all anymore - though if the flight's pretty empty I hope they wouldn't kick up a fuss if someone wanted to move elsewhere.
snow report
Quote:

I'm still waiting for them to charge per kg for passengers and their luggage combined, though.

I would love to see this.
ski holidays
Philbo, please check with Wayne to see if it would be morally right for the airline to do that though. I'd like to see people allocated sections of the aircraft dependent on IQ.
latest report
Quote:

I'd like to see people allocated sections of the aircraft dependent on IQ.

There could be a positive correlation. Twisted Evil
latest report
I'd like eugenics so I could breed the exact type of people I'm exposed to on public transport.
ski holidays
Back on topic

Have just booked a group of 24 onto EZY for early Feb next year and I didn't click the "select your seats" option on the booking form.
Just had the confirmation and there is no charge for the seats but it says "automatically allocated". Not sure what this means but I assume that the group may be together on the plane or, if someone else pays for the seats, the group may be all over the place.”

This is the same process that BA use for group allocations, so it seems EZY are not doing anything that BA don't do already.
snow conditions
Wayne, I should think it's unlikely they'd all be together, but so what? Little kids or the very elderly would hopefully be looked after OK, but as for capable adults, why would they worry if they sit a little way from their friends for an hour or so? Puzzled Anyone who wants to sit together can pay the extra - seems fair enough to me.
latest report
pam w,
I agree with you. Most airlines do this now and it doesn't seems to cause any problems.
We only use EZY for a few hundred seats per year anyway and they don't do anything different from other airlines (as long as you stick to thier T&C's).

There are many bugs in the system with each airline but as long as you play thier game they don't seem too bad.
eg.
* Ski's can not be pre-paid with BA for group allocations. So if you hav 80 seats on a flight and 10 want to take thier own skis, they have to be paid for at the airport. But this is the same with KLM, Air France, etc.
* EZY require that you print off the boading pass prior to getting to the airport.
* Dolomiti Air will not gaurantee your skis will be on the same plane as you and they ask that you turn up in time for the previous flight so they can be loaded asap.
* etc, etc
But as long as you play the game there don't seem to be too many problems. The problems arrise (most of the time) when pople either don't know the T&C's or try to wiggle around them.
snow report
Loving the moral debate on easyjet seating tactics!

It is simple:

If you are a couple, it is wrong to sit in both the aisle and the window, leaving the middle seat free to discourage people.
If you are on your own, it is not wrong to choose to sit in the aisle seat when another solo is in the window.
It IS wrong, if you are a couple or a solo to LIE about the seat not being free. Very rude, that.

Simples Very Happy
snow conditions
Great news! They used to allow families with children up to the age of 11 to have priority boarding, but then changed it just to children under 5.

My 6 year old was very upset on one flight when he had to sit several rows away from me. They told me I should have purchased Speedy Boarding, but I thought that was just discrimination against families...

At least that situation should no longer occur.

Thanks EasyJet!
latest report
Does anyone know if Easyjet do the smartphone boarding pass thing? I don't have a printer...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, No they don't, although you can normally print a boarding pass at one of their terminals at the airport. I like the option to download BA boarding passes to my iPhone and EJ have an app, so it should be easy wink for them to do it.
snow conditions
geepee, no probs, I'll visit a friend with a printer the day before.
snow conditions
Do you really have to print the boarding pass? Is that new? I haven't used eJ a lot recently, but distinctly remember entering my reservation number in the terminals at Geneva airport and getting both boarding pass and luggage labels printed out. Very swift and easy.
snow conditions
I used to love getting on a EZ flight and asking the Steward to move so that I could sit in the Emergency exit row - they always stand there so that they can shuffle all the kids and non-able bodied further along as they aren't allowed to sit there by law. The thing is, most EJ customers ahead of me obviously thought they couldn't sit there, due to the presence of said steward barring their way and moved on down the aisle to other rows. One flight I remember having the whole exit row to myself.

But what I want to know is..... if when the flight is closed and all passengers are on board, there are still spare seats at the front and exit rows - will EJ crew allow people to sit in a seat other than the allocated one, or will it be like Vueling were the front three rows of seats (which get exactly the same service as every other seat - they just cost €25 more to book) sit empty on nearly every trip?
snow conditions
pam w, Yes, as far as I'm aware you can still do that.
snow report
Scampi Dellahanti, Well, put it this way, if you try and sit in my spare seat (because I always have a spare seat), I will ask you if you have paid extra to sit there (which you won't have) and then I will make certain remarks about your low morality and maybe send you away with warnings about how your behaviour is just a race to the bottom that society can ill afford right now.
ski holidays
Quote:

Does anyone know if Easyjet do the smartphone boarding pass thing? I don't have a printer...

I suppose it depends on the airport not the airline. The couple in front of us at GVA used it last time we were there. But it needed some one a little higher in the feeding chain to remind the checkin clerk that they could. So yes it works at Geneva.
snow report
Surely the main issue to be addressed with easyjet and the other "everything is exttra" airlines is not the allocated seating (I suppose that this is mainly to releave the jam at the doors where everyone is trying to sit in the first free seat they come to) but to allocate luggage space. I don't think the aircraft can carry the maximum luggage allowance everyone carries on the plane therefore the last ones on have to pack it around there feet and no one wants to do that.

Would it not be a good idea to charge people for carryon luggage, but allow them to put it in the hold for free.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, The air marshall would be able to produce a gun, whereas you would be reduced to a "bluff" card (if you are old enough to get the reference Twisted Evil
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Bode Swiller, The air marshall would be able to produce a gun...

They prefer Taser...

http://youtube.com/v/RZtOjHXHT6g&feature=related
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:

You don't need to pre-print the boarding pass with ANY airline. I've never ever done it - they can print the boarding pass for you at checki-n, and lots of airports have print it yourself terminal things. The only time it's worth printing it out at home is if you're flying with just hand luggage, so there's then no need to check-in and you can jsut go straight to departures.
ski holidays
clarky999, Don't try it with Ryanair, as they will charge you for printing it for you. I also don't agree about not printing it with Easyjet, last year I printed mine and had hold luggage and was directed to a much shorter queue than those without boarding cards, so if you can print at home then I can see no reason for not doing so. I do concede though, that everyone printed their boarding cards with EJ, then the other queue might be shorter. Twisted Evil

Edit: Even if you print your boarding card with Ryanair, you still get charged a fee for on-line booking.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy