Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No more unallocated seating on easyJet

Poster: A snowHead
More info here.

Step forwards for easyJet IMO. Now if they would include free ski carriage they'd become my shorthaul operator of choice...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hopefully they'll still have the Plus Cardholder queue. Always get a kick out of breezing past the main queue and would hate to see that enjoyment go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Damn, I liked that about Easyjet... Get on last and you can choose who you sit next too!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't say this bothers me much but the unreasonably large fee to take skis obviously does. I only still use them to go skiing when their flights times suit me better than any other cheaper flights. Same even more so with Ryanair.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeh I prefer unallocated so I can choose who I sit next to, but I can see that people with children etc don't like it as much even though on any flight I've been on I've seen people giving up their seats so families can sit together.

Plus unallocated is faster for boarding than BAs etc crappy method http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14717695
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, yep, just went off in a panic to check how Plus benefits were affected - they've actually thought it thrugh pretty well in terms of allocated seating, costs, etc.

Though the enjoyment of watching everyone start to queue 45mins+ before the flight to try and grab a good seat, while I'm sitting there until the very last second and breezing straight on Twisted Evil will be lost - no one will have to queue if they know their seat (unless they have huge amounts of hand luggage to cram in...)

Edit: here for the Plus details http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5576/related/1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a price reduction for row 13.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller wrote:
Hopefully they'll still have the Plus Cardholder queue. Always get a kick out of breezing past the main queue and would hate to see that enjoyment go.

Simply have a child under the age of five. Once that child passes the age of five, simply have another child.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

There is a price reduction for row 13

should hope so too. standing room only, and a bit of a squeeze too Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ozbozz123 wrote:
Yeh I prefer unallocated so I can choose who I sit next to, but I can see that people with children etc don't like it as much even though on any flight I've been on I've seen people giving up their seats so families can sit together.

Plus unallocated is faster for boarding than BAs etc crappy method http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14717695

It might be faster to board, but saving 5 minutes when you board doesn't offset the 1hr journey at the other end to actually get to the city that BA landed in Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
feef,

Especially when BA/Swiss etc, are often cheaper anyway Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

no one will have to queue if they know their seat

Oh yes they will - they queue for flights with allocated seats too; I've never been able to understand why. then they stand up and shove and shuffle to get off first. No wonder so many people suffer from stress!

I hope that easyJet will board by seat numbers so that those at the back (assuming boarding at the front) get on first. Otherwise the entire aisle gets clogged by the faffing inhabitants of the first half dozen rows.

They're obviously not making enough money out of people who will pay through the nose for the pleasure of being able to jump the queue and spend that much longer sitting in a stuffy cabin. There are only so many people like that in the world!

Quote:

Get on last and you can choose who you sit next too!

I did sometimes quite enjoy getting on last, having read my book for a bit longer, then choosing a seat in between the most smug-looking and self-satisfied couple who had occupied three seats in one of the front rows, leaving the middle one empty. It was quite amusing watching their faces as they had to decide whether to let a stranger sit between them, or leave me sitting on the aisle seat. If they looked like Speedy Boarders it was all the more satisfying. Twisted Evil
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My favourite seat on EJ is the row at the back, quite often manage to get all 3 seats and free coffee refills as well Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Typical. It's not changing in time for my Easyjet flights to Barca at the end of the month. I assume you currently have to pay if you want to reserve your seat?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
I hope that easyJet will board by seat numbers so that those at the back (assuming boarding at the front) get on first. Otherwise the entire aisle gets clogged by the faffing inhabitants of the first half dozen rows.

Nope, they've already said those with speedy boarding will be allowed on first. It is weird that people queue for planes when the seats are assigned - the only reason I can think of is the luggage policies where people have to pay for big bags, so try to take it all as hand luggage, and overhead space runs out fast if everyone tries it! You need to get on quick to fit your case near you...

queen bodecia wrote:
Typical. It's not changing in time for my Easyjet flights to Barca at the end of the month. I assume you currently have to pay if you want to reserve your seat?

I don't think you can reserve seats for those at all - just normal queuing. Most of the routes seem to only be implementing the allocated seating from dates in Nov (only a limited few routes available at the moment).

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 5-09-12 13:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I flew back from Crete the other week with Easyjet. It amused me greatly the amount of bumping their gums over people not queueing properly, the queue not moving, "Heraklion airport being the worst airport in the world", "I'm not going to get a seat next to Sebastian", etc.......

I couldn't help by saying quite loudly to the OH "if people want to not queue and have allocated seating they should pay a bit more than a few quid for a flight".

pam w wrote:

I did sometimes quite enjoy getting on last, having read my book for a bit longer, then choosing a seat in between the most smug-looking and self-satisfied couple who had occupied three seats in one of the front rows, leaving the middle one empty. It was quite amusing watching their faces as they had to decide whether to let a stranger sit between them, or leave me sitting on the aisle seat. If they looked like Speedy Boarders it was all the more satisfying. Twisted Evil

I never understand why people who are travelling together are so against sitting next to each other.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
They're obviously not making enough money out of people who will pay through the nose for the pleasure of being able to jump the queue and spend that much longer sitting in a stuffy cabin. There are only so many people like that in the world!

I pay to get on first, but only because I fly so much with EJ (mostly to London) that it only works out about £2 a time (EJ Plus card annual subscription).

I find I've more time to read overall by doing that - sit and read until speedy boarders are called, walk straight on and sit down in the first seat I get to, book immediately back out, and ignore everyone else getting on and faffing Smile Maximum time sitting and reading, minimum fuss Smile

Before I flew so often though, I didn't pay for speedy boarding, and was normally the last person on!
snow report
i always managed to get an emergency exit seat with the extra leg room. Most speedy boarding passengers wanted to sit at the front of the aircraft. So now, unless I pay, it will be cattle class now. B....x
snow conditions
pam w wrote:

EasyJet Plus is great value if you use it enough. I like the idea I can rock up late, waft past the shuffling queue and pick a seat near the front so I'm also one of the first off. There is an unspoken language between Plus cardholders - I always grab a window seat and nearly always the next person into the row grabs the aisle, thereby leaving the middle seat free. Those getting on rarely try and sit in that spare seat, prefering to take their chances further back. Also the overhead bins tend to fill up from the front so people move on to find bin space. So net result on 90% of the flights I take is more room and less time used. Oh, and you don't have to sit with people too tight to buy speedy boarding - that means you're not next to someone who has brought their own egg sarnies.
snow report
Quote:

I never understand why people who are travelling together are so against sitting next to each other.

Anyone is welcome to sit next to my kids.

That gambit is often useful when checking in and getting seats together. Mrs M play it really well. I still don't understand why she wants to sit next to them though Puzzled
snow conditions
Be under no illusion that it's about improved customer experience - it's about extracting extra fees from anyone who wants to be guaranteed an aisle,window or an exit or needs to be off the plane early. You'll still need to scrum to get on as the overhead lockers won't hold all the hand luggage.

Not a lot wrong with the old model - you could duke it out or be as laid back as you wanted. And you could pee people off at the front of the plane by getting in their middle seat, spreading elbows and getting your egg & garlic sarnie out.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
EasyJet Plus is great value if you use it enough. I like the idea I can rock up late, waft past the shuffling queue and pick a seat near the front so I'm also one of the first off. There is an unspoken language between Plus cardholders - I always grab a window seat and nearly always the next person into the row grabs the aisle, thereby leaving the middle seat free. Those getting on rarely try and sit in that spare seat, prefering to take their chances further back. Also the overhead bins tend to fill up from the front so people move on to find bin space. So net result on 90% of the flights I take is more room and less time used. Oh, and you don't have to sit with people too tight to buy speedy boarding - that means you're not next to someone who has brought their own egg sarnies.

Is it just me or does anyone else find that just a little disturbingly symptomatic of something or other?

Oh well maybe it is just me.

Mind you it’s not a new. I remember (way back when) being bored stupid in an A Level literature class once. We were looking at the decline in moral standards and how they were justified by each person in a different way; but always to their own (albeit in some cases rather perverse) satisfaction. We used as a start point the 18th century work by Kant (Metaphysics of Morals) in which he states that we have a “fundamental duty to ourselves” which may or may not be in line with any duty to society or even other individuals. Maybe Easyjet will bring this out in some people more than in others.

Who knows ?

Immanuel will be laughing in his grave; there's nothing like a good old "I told ya" wink
latest report
Immanuel Kant was a right pissant....
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
Immanuel Kant was a right pissant....

And who said a classical education was a waste of time Toofy Grin
Couldn’t have put it better myself
ski holidays
Wayne,

Not mine I'm afraid

http://youtube.com/v/m_WRFJwGsbY
snow conditions
Quote:

Those getting on rarely try and sit in that spare seat

unless they,re me, or fatbob, with our egg sarnies. Sit at the front for free!
ski holidays
Wayne, I couldn't give a toss about the metaphysics of morals, I just want a pleasant flight.

pam w, just for you and fatbob I have oft used another strategy - that is to lean over to the guy in the aisle seat and say "if anyone tries to take that seat we say we're waiting for our mother/friend/colleague etc". It works. Laughing
ski holidays
pam w, why have you got such a thing about speedy boarders? Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, I don't care about window aisle or middle, I just like to be at the front, so I rejoice at the queasyplus behaviour you describe as I invariably get 2/3 B/E, which is just fine for me.

I will however add SB if flying from a known busy checkin as it makes a huge difference e.g. At Gatwick...
snow report
under a new name, row 2 isn't good. The fuselage is narrower at that point and the elbow room is a lot less. Row 4 or more best. Anyway, I doubt we'll have sat next to each other because I would have said "sorry sir, this seat is reserved for the Air Marshall" (usually I'm getting desperate by then)
ski holidays
Wayne can see what Bode Swiller's later post about lying has to do with morals, but what was your issue with his first post? Why are single travellers who would prefer to have the most amount of room possible for the duration of the flight symptomatic of a decline in morals Puzzled A couple who sit apart and hope no one sits in between them is different. But two complete strangers who prefer not to have to fight for storage space and decide to sit apart whilst hoping no one sits in the middle.... what's wrong with that?
latest report
Quote:

pam w, why have you got such a thing about speedy boarders?

Quote:

Always get a kick out of breezing past the main queue

That's why. wink

Some of the reports today suggest that allocated seating will replace speedy boarding. But easyJet is pretty smart at separating travellers from their dosh. I wouldn't put it past them to persuade some people that it's worth paying extra to get the seat you want, then to pay yet again to be on board first, though all seats are allocated. Laughing Couples wanting to sit together will need to book those dreaded "middle seats" or, on busy flights, get strangers allocated into the seat between them. If they book the inside two, a cheapskate will get the coveted aisle seat, and if they book the outside two, they'll have to get out for cheapskate to climb into the window seat. What a frightful dilemma.

I'm all in favour of any changes which enable easyJet to extract more money from people who want frills; helps keep the price down for those of us who are not overly bothered about where they sit on a flight of a few hours.

I'm still waiting for them to charge per kg for passengers and their luggage combined, though.
latest report
pam w, agreed on the breezing thing - found that weird too.

OH and I always speedy board on Easyjet because he's 6 foot 5 and prone to travel sickness (fortunately feeling really bad rather than actual puking) and being squished in does not help that. So we always sit on the front seat and we always sit next to each other, which means one of us sitting in a middle seat and fully expecting someone to nab the extra front seat next to us... we do not feel smug about having to do this and we are actually quite happy to sit next to each other (we have only been married a year and a half though Laughing)
snow conditions
pam w, miranda, trust me "breezing" isn't weird.

Anyway, pam w you won't have had this email from EJ today but I'm happy to share (had to edit it a bit):

Quote:
Dear Bode

As a valued easyJet Plus! customer, we wanted to keep you up to date on the allocated seating trial we have been running since April 2012. The trial was aimed at helping us to make travel easy and affordable, and to provide a better experience for our passengers (but not the cheapskates obviously).

We are delighted to announce that, following the success of the trial, and the positive feedback we have had from customers, we will be launching allocated seating across the entire easyJet network throughout October and November. All easyJet flights will operate allocated seating from the end of November 2012.

How will your EasyJet Plus! Benefits change? As an easyJet Plus! customer, you will continue to enjoy the same benefits you do today with speedy boarding and dedicated check-in. In addition, you will be able to pre-select any seats on the aircraft including extra legroom and upfront seats at no additional cost. Frankly we're keen to make sure you don't have to sit next to any egg sandwich munching tossers.

Here’s how it works: Making a booking on an allocated seating flight. When you are making a new booking on an allocated seating route you can select the seat you want at no additional cost, simply by adding your easyJet Plus! membership details. You can now add and change seats online quickly and easily. If you choose not to do this then we’ll automatically allocate you a seat on the aircraft. If we haven’t chosen the right seat for you then you can change this quickly and easily! ie if the person nearest you looks a bit iffy and doesn't conform to your idea of an international traveller with all the requisite tidy eating habits we'll bend over backwards to 'ave 'em banished to 23B.

Thank you for flying with easyJet and being the kind of customer that looks right and keeps the cleaning bills down.

Kind regards

The easyJet Plus! Team
snow report
Bode Swiller, Laughing It doesn't sound as though your risk of sitting next to egg sandwich eating tossers will be reduced unless you travel in multiples of 3, though.
snow report
I don't think its going to make things any easier. i use Easyjet at least once a month from Geneva to Bristol and vice versa, never use speedy boarding, (I am normally on my own with no luggage) and I still manage to find a seat in the first 6 or so rows, in what is normally a full flight, which is really important when you have to run and grab a train from the airport (to Sion in my case). I just think allocated seats are just going to complicate things. You have to go on some other budget airlines to appreciate that EJ aren't that bad. I am sure the all the extra charges for bags/skis are a pain though.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
pam w, miranda, trust me "breezing" isn't weird.

sorry, but getting a kick out of being an Easyjet Plus card holder and thinking it makes you superior is a bit weird... valuing the benefits you get in return for what you've paid for the card is not weird.
ski holidays
I agree with MIRANDA, being an Easyjet Plus Card Holder is not exactly something to aspire to.
snow conditions
miranda, SOH missing in action? It's not a kick it's just amusing - people in the long stressy line have taken the decision not to purchase speedy boarding (or the annual card for £149) and some of them look at you daggers just because you have. In my case it works out to a few quid per flight so well worth it. There should be a seperate section for Pukeyboarders.
ski holidays
Swissie, it's on my CV
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy