Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish snowheads bash 23/24 March 2013

Poster: A snowHead
By chance I am skiing at Cairngorm on 24/25 & 26th with the family, it's our first time skiing in Scotland, looking forward to it very much.
Staying in Aviemore 2 Sun & Mon nights
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
White Lady looking the part!

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just back from 8 days in the Dolomites. Unfortunately I've been suffering from a bad, productive cough for 4 1/2 weeks now and and missed some ski days and have not been skiing on all cylinders when I did. Also skinning very slowly or opting out of it).
I'm now on a new antibiotic and still hoping I'll recover and be able to ski with those still intending to go. If so it could be a good upbeat way to end the season. I think I can swing it with my wife to ski 4 days so happy to meet people either from Friday to Monday or shifting a day either side of that - whatever means I'm more likely to team up with people interested in exploring the off-piste in the East or West.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 13-03-13 14:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Today's SCGB snow report ...

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great to see SCGB doing something sensible with snow depths too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm going to have to cry off that weekend I'm afraid. Sad

The Mrs is away on a hen do, so I've got to look after the kids.

But with conditions like these I may well just watch and go on another weekend.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
White Lady after a top up of fresh snow last night, should be more over the next few days:

More Pix from CairnGorm Mountain: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=879
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shame it can't be made, conditions look pretty fair.

If the good late season snow continues, a few days in April (I'm sure someone said on here it can be the best month, overall) might be in order. I can't keep not going...........
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

^A day of Sunshine and snow showers on CairnGorm on Friday.

Full report & pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=881
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heart vs head & bank manager having a royal battle on this one!!!, I shouldn't.... but.....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's been spewing it down at Cairngorm today with a week of snow now in prospect and even colder temps - amazing!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
roga, is snow forecast all next week as well?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, yes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, it is possible I may have to do the same unless I get better very rapidly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, as Alans deep bath said: YES snowHead
latest report
snowball, sorry to hear that but hope you get better!
snow report
Who's still in for a meet up the weekend of Sat 23/Sun 24 and who's thinking about the Easter weekend. I'll be up on CairnGorm if it's open on the Sat though there's a season ticket holder's meeting mid-afternoon that I'm planning on going too. If there are people staying in Aviemore and want to meet up for a meal or a refreshment after leaving the slopes on Sat would be up for that, if there's a few might make a weekend of it and stay over.

If there are people coming up Easter weekend I'll be about or could possible take a couple of people further afield than CairnGorm one day if interested. I leave Inverness on Mon 1st April on route to Tahoe - so you know what's going to happen next!! Last time the top two snowsport areas for fresh snow in the world were Glencoe and CairnGorm Mountain.... snowHead
ski holidays
^ ROTFL Alan, I remember that and it's looking like it could happen again!

Mind you I miss California I have to admit!
snow report
I'll be up on the 23rd then on the 27th (driving up to Moray so perhaps only the 28th onwards) right through to the monday.

Was at Glenshee yesterday for the first time. Chucking it down. with SNOW Very Happy
snow report
Weather permitting I'll probably be staying in Aviemore or the Spittal of Glenshee next weekend, so could be up for this...

Hopefully there will be some sunshine to be found -- there's certainly plenty of snow!
ski holidays
BUMP!

Some news if SHs coming to Cairngorm on Saturday 23rd -

That Saturday is a fun day. The resort are attempting to create a new Guiness record, the longest line of onesie wearing skiers on one piste. (It's all for a good cause). They're giving quite wide parameters for onesies, they can be 80s skiing suits, sleep-suits over ski clothes, blue work overalls or crime scene white suits. So it might be worth having a search in attics/second hand shops....
ski holidays
So, I should probably start sorting out some transport for this weekend, especially as I definitely can't makle the Easter weekend. Is there anyone else going from London or the south east? Or have you all been struck down by some sort of curse and have the plague or broken bones or whatever?
latest report
Sofia, purleeaze don't remind me ... I believe all of ski school are expected to be there Shocked

Wink
snow conditions
A heads up that there is a Met Office Weather Warning out valid for 42hours from midnight Friday through 6pm Saturday: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1363910400&regionName=he

Friday at this stage looks very severe in terms of the wind, possibly some moderation on Saturday but only relatively, slightly more promising for Sunday in the models at this stage. The direction projected to be SE'ly is capable of blowing large volumes of snow into the snowsports area (and Link Road, and Funicular tunnel) on CairnGorm though so whenever the storm blows out there should be some epic riding to be had.

All East Coast areas are StormBound today, but both Nevis Range and Glencoe are open to the top. The SE wind forecast for Saturday is particularly troublesome for Nevis Range due to topographic funneling, however Glencoe can be pretty sheltered when the wind is dead on SE and has been open already this season on days that the forecast suggested noway.

If people do make it up for this weekend and CairnGorm is shut on the Saturday, I could take a couple of people over to Glencoe if it's open. If anyone is interested in getting in touch and seeing how things pan out at the weekend, drop me a PM and I'll send you my mobile number.

^Coe Cup competitor on the East Ridge of Meall a' Bhuiridh.
ski holidays
roga,Sure you look fine in a onesie. I bought one from ebay but it seems the weather is no fan of the 80s all-in-one. You reckon snowlimits is off?
ski holidays
If anyone can offer a lift from Manchester then I'd be happy to pay for stacks of petrol
snow conditions
Still hoping to get up this weekend but with the weather warning I'll have to leave the final decision till later in the week.

My original plan was to drive up Fri night, do Glenshee or Cairngorm on Saturday, Cairgorm on Sun, Nevis Range on Mon and Glencoe on Tues.

Should be plenty of snow - it's just the wind that looks like it could be a problem. Fingers crossed that the forecast mellows a bit.
snow conditions
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Conditions look absolutely epic. What a contrast to last year!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been to Nevis today, couldn't see into the backs but they look loaded from below, other side of hill okay with Goose and gully and the steep pitch above nicely covered, rest of the hill pretty hit and miss though, overall would say Cairngorm has way more. Looks like Glencoe is loaded though but we decided to go to Nevis because some mates were there.
snow conditions
Cairngorm looks amazing today... should be a cracking weekend for everyone making the effort! snowHead
snow report
Unfortunately my Doctor advises I won't be better in time. Have fun - hope the wind allows skiing on the Saturday (weather looks a bit better in the West).

I don't think I can get up for Easter (due to family) but we'll see. Perhaps the week after if there is still enough snow. Crying or Very sad

If you want to meet up you need someone to give a mobile number and/or arrange a meet-up time and place.
snow report
The weather report is sadly not improving - winds of up to 80mph are being reported for Saturday at Cairngorm. It may well be better at Glencoe or Nevis range but once the wind clears up, Cairngorm mountain will be awesome! I won't be able to make west coast skiing if everyone decides to go there - but I hope everyone has a blast!
latest report
We were going to drive up for the day from Edinburgh to wherever people were going but with 80mph winds it doesn't look good. Will watch the forecasts and join in if it looks like conditions are better. Quite possible that everywhere will be stormbound!!
snow report
Sofia wrote:
roga,Sure you look fine in a onesie.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sofia, not so confident of that myself though Laughing
Quote:
I bought one from ebay but it seems the weather is no fan of the 80s all-in-one. You reckon snowlimits is off?

Not sure about Snowlimits, Saturday looks dodgy for sure but hopefully Sunday better - will have to wait and see.

BTW Sofia, do say hi if you're around for Snowlimits - I'm on Sundays with the Juniors but on normal ski school Saturdays.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 21-03-13 2:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Today on Cairngorm was excellent with just the lower lifts and Cas tows running, fantastic snow and cover all over the hill.

Thursday will hopefully be a goer but Friday and Saturday, as mentioned, looking very iffy. If Friday is off at Cairngorm I'll be heading Glencoe or Glenshee depending on whether they're open and where the best overheads are, ditto Saturday. Will have the car full of kit and people though so no space I'm afraid. Failing that might do a wee lower level tour.

snowball, sorry to hear that news but maybe see you later in the season Smile
snow report
Sure will, roga, but Cosmo's snowlimits is on Saturday and I think this might be his last week? Booo
But I'm hoping to catch a ski lesson soon, so may get in touch soon?
If you need a onesie, I can send one over....
snow report
Winterhighland, is the photo just to the (skiers') right of the flypaper?
snow report
Sofia wrote:
Sure will, roga, but Cosmo's snowlimits is on Saturday and I think this might be his last week? Booo

Yes if it happens (and the weather is looking a bit iffy) it will be the last week I think.
Quote:
But I'm hoping to catch a ski lesson soon, so may get in touch soon?

Yes feel free to give me a shout, you can PM me here if that's easiest.
Quote:
If you need a onesie, I can send one over....

Yeek Wink
ski holidays
snowball, basically yes, the skier's in a small gully just off to the side of the Flypaper a short distance above Radio Gully. Fantastic day on Thursday at Glencoe:

^Boarder on the Cliffhanger Chair - the board was below head height, so be careful.

^Looking down on the Plateau Poma, virtually ride anywhere to the top of the Access Chair.

More Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=887
ski holidays
Damned wind! looks like Sat and probably Sun will be a no go.

Still tempted by a quick jaunt to Glensheee on Mon/Tues but I'll wait to see the conditions/forecast on Sun first.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy