Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LINE Sir Francis Bacon Shorty

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Daughter fancies some of these - anyone know anything about them?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 24-07-12 8:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got the adult version which are fantastic fun in soft snow and surprisingly good on piste but I wouldn't choose them as my one and only ski unless I lived somewhere with lots of powder. The reviews on the Line website are (unsurprisingly) very positive but a few say they are a bit heavy. The Shorty waist is only 1mm narrower than the adult version at 107mm so they could be quite a handful for your daugher depending on how old/tall/experienced she is and where she will be skiing. Is she's fine with all that then she'll probably love them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow_Dog, Thanks for that I am not convinced either as they do look like a dedicated powder ski and i wanted her to get a more all mountian tool. Not that my opinion counts for anything rolling eyes

She is expert level, 22 but very petite. Uses Pistes just to get to the next crazy fun bit as unless it is a moguled black it is boring. Also plays in the park too on the jumps. We are not allowed to see what she is doing so I guess it is crazy. She has been taking trampoline lessons to perfect the back flip. They even let her have skis on Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jake43 wrote:
Snow_Dog,

She is expert level, 22 but very petite. Uses Pistes just to get to the next crazy fun bit as unless it is a moguled black it is boring. Also plays in the park too on the jumps. We are not allowed to see what she is doing so I guess it is crazy. She has been taking trampoline lessons to perfect the back flip. They even let her have skis on Shocked

In that case these would be fine as an all-mountain ski, it's not that fat at all (my gf has gone from using race slalom skis everyday to using 106mm Voelkls as her everyday ski the last couple of years, my sister uses 107mm skis 80% of the time [tbh she could probably do with more time on narrower planks refining technique though] - they're 22 and 21, on the smaller side of average). How much does she weigh though? I thought these were the kids version, in which case, if she's as good as you say, she'll likely overpower them...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, She is only 55Kgs wet through so we though they would be ok.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

few say they are a bit heavy

Surprising for a ski filled with bacon fat.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jake43 wrote:

Just looked at their spec, they'd be waaaaaaaayy to short. The biggest size is 155 - that's slalom ski size for a girl. With the rocker, they'd feel like snowblades. FWIW, my gf is 57kg, has 155 slaloms and 170 Voelkl Kikus. The Kikus are spot on sizewise. Granted she's a brilliant skier, but it sounds like your daughter's pretty good too. My sister is probably just under 60kg, not so good, but still has no problem with 168 Whitedot Directors. The rocker reduces the contact length on harder snow significantly, so they ski shorter there, whilst in deeper/3D snow the extra length adds a lot of stability, while still being easy to pivot around in quick turns (another virtue of the rocker).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999 wrote:
Jake43 wrote:

Just looked at their spec, they'd be waaaaaaaayy to short. The biggest size is 155 - that's slalom ski size for a girl. With the rocker, they'd feel like snowblades. FWIW, my gf is 57kg, has 155 slaloms and 170 Voelkl Kikus. The Kikus are spot on sizewise. Granted she's a brilliant skier, but it sounds like your daughter's pretty good too. My sister is probably just under 60kg, not so good, but still has no problem with 168 Whitedot Directors. The rocker reduces the contact length on harder snow significantly, so they ski shorter there, whilst in deeper/3D snow the extra length adds a lot of stability, while still being easy to pivot around in quick turns (another virtue of the rocker).
Quote:

Jake43

Apologies, I mistakenly assumed that she was a young kid when you said you were looking at the Shorty. She might be fine with the adult 172cm Bacons. My 178cm's actually measure 174cm and they ski short with the rocker. An alternative fun ski for mucking about could be the Atomic Elysian, the women's Theory. 95mm and better on piste than the Bacon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well she got the kids version (Sir Francis Bacon Shorty) and loves them to bits. Great on and off piste and also in the park.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy