Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I have an incling we might ski in the states this season and need some help...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Jonny Jones, fanatstic advice, thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you skied Kicking Horse Jonny Jones?

If you haven't, then you'll be blown away in comparison with Panorama.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Pow, no I haven't - it's on the to-do list, but it's never quite worked on the dates I've been looking. It's actually surprisingly difficult to cost-effectively accommodate a family of five: most resorts seem to assume a nuclear family of two adults and two kids, and special deals evaporate rapidly when your family grows.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
True.

Doable as a day trip from Panorama.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
patricksh wrote:

Really? I can't convert acres to km, but I had impression Whistler would be far more extensive than Les Arcs? Is it not? What french resort is it comparable to size -wise?

I don't know absolutely but if you just consider groomed run kms which is the most direct comparison that would be one marker. Somewhere like the wider above Val Thorens area (including Orelle) would easily surpass one of Whistler or Blackcomb. North America definitely isn't great for the sort of person who likes to travel one place to another in the course of the skiing day and you absolutely have to be willing to ski multiple lines off the same lift to make the best of it. Now if you don't ski off piste in Europe but you are going to try in North America a whole world opens up to you and IMO relatively tiny places like say Kirkwood in the US or Red Mountain or Fernie in Canada become vast playgrounds. However if you do ski offpiste in Europe you might find even say the Blackcomb glaciers relatively small beer (although hopefully compensated for in snow quality)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 to fatbob's advice above ^^^
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I also completely concur with fatbob. Skiing in North America needs a different mindset. If you go there looking for some things that Europe excels at - eg huge linked ski areas - you'll be very disappointed. I personally find that I most enjoy runs that I'm familiar with so size doesn't bother me. Especially when the going gets tough, you sometimes need to know a run well to work out the best line that will allow you to really let rip.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with fatbob, sound stuff.

Also agree with Jonny Jones, regarding Jackson, its not all knarly stuff despite what some folk will tell you. Around 50% of their terrain is aimed at intermediates.

Its a great place with some stunning scenery around, a really laid back locals type of town too, or you could stay slopeside. Grand Targhee is worth a day for a relaxed time and truely empty slopes, although you do need to pick your day carefully or you are skiing in fog Smile Theres an old Brit who works in the ticket office,he got a shock when I handed him my UK driving licence for ID 'I dont see many of those' were his first words Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bones, Agree the Ghee is a fun place and literally pick your line from the top. Jackson is a bit of a weird mix as US towns go- obviously heavily skewed toward the summer tourist trade but a bit of a magnet for ski bums and international visa workers. Some of the "corer than you, bro" attitude is around if you're in line for first tram but it's not as obvious as in Chamonix and all holidaymakers are made to feel welcome regardless because they are the lifeblood..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy