Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiplex! - New indoor, revolving slope!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't you think that this is too expensive. I mean for an artificial skiing ground it seems too much. It better to enjoy on the real deal than this.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
raddy46 wrote:
Nothing can compare to actual snow. Skiing is not only about sliding down on an inclined plane. Its the thrill and the fun in it, which can not be enjoyed on a treadmill the size of a squash court. And if you guys really feel that this can be an alternative to actual skiing, it means you never had the real experience.

Is anyone saying that this is an alternative to skiing in the mountains? The golf range and practice putting green don't have the same challenge or enjoyment of an 18 hole course, but they have their place in improving the skills you use to enjoy your golf. Artificial ski slopes of all kinds provide the same opportunities to introduce and refine your skills, as well as providing their own kinds of skiing fun. If you can't see that maybe you're not really that keen on skiing?

wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm off to Chiswich on Sunday (adventurous red skier) with a 9 year old (been skiing for 1 week only). I'll report back... Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, how was it? Well firstly it ain't snow and doesn't ski like snow. I'm not sure i gained much but nevertheless enjoyed the outing. Would I return? Not on my own or for my benefit (unless fitness was my goal).
Did my 9 year old enjoy it. Absolutely. Is it more beneficial for beginners? Probably those with say 1-2 weeks experience most and less thereafter. He is hugely excited to ski again and his confidence skyrocketed quicker than on a slope. I would return with him prior to a holiday. Likewise my able skiing wife, who lacks confidence, would benefit.
It's not cheap and won't appeal to experienced skiers. However it is a laugh and has obvious benefits.
All IMHO based on one session but this is how I see it.
Cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good report neilH
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Adding Skiplex so this pops up in searches
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elmer wrote:
Some footage from the Dutch one

http://youtube.com/v/PlCMDKJ8kbE

looking at the footage I think it could do more bad than good.
If you look at the crazy amount of KNEE angulation required (it seems that hip angulation will just make you lose balance) it could create bad technique and injury problems...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
These machines are not new. We have had them
in Holland for at least 20yrs.

They are excellent for perfecting your body posture &
Technique.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy