Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal Snow Report 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The promised Föhn came and is still blowing strongly. On a positive note, the Föhn wind means amazing views, we have really bright sunshine making everything look crisp and clear.
More snow coming at the weekend... So that will be nice Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm... It's a while since I posted an update. Erm... Can't really remember what it's been like since the last time I posted. Last week was Fasching Week so it was all quite busy. Luckily, I had a small group of children who could ski really well so we spent most of the week in the bumps to the side of the piste. The bumps were great to ski, much more fun than the scrapy piste Toofy Grin
So far this week has been sunny but cold, so the snow is staying in pretty good condition. More snow is forecast for Wednesday so that will freshen everything up.

The 4* FWQ Big Mountain Hochfügen event was postponed from Saturday 9th to Sunday 10th Feb. and what a great decision that was! Saturday had fresh snow but was a bit cloudy and a bit misty. Sunday was perfect! Cold, crisp and clear with amazing snow. There must be some fantastic photos and videos around (I haven't had time to search so if anyone has any links I'd be interested to see them). Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I shall be in resort on Wednesday. Keep the snow reports coming Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, please keep reporting, back on 30 March (and 28 December).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The pistes are still in excellent condition. First thing in the morning has been real hero snow... Perfectly groomed, grippy and very forgiving to ski. It doesn't make you ski like a hero but it makes you feel like one, and that's what matters Razz
Lots of great bumps off to the sides of the pistes, though my favourite section was spoiled by a snowmobile driving straight through them leaving a huge trench straight up the middle... So that was nice!
The rumour is that more snow is coming tomorrow. Yay! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Mayrhofen and skied Hintertux, and Zell too.
Weather was generally sunny and warm all week (except Tues) with temperatures rising all week. There was light rain in the village on Saturday and I guess light snow on top.
In general, slopes have excellent coverage. By Thursday/Friday, warm weather was causing cut up pistes and heavy snow by early noon.
Looks like more snow and falling temperatures this week will fix this.

Favourite slopes that I found were in the Rastkogel area along with Zell am Z. Red Piste 19C "White carpet" was a particular favourite in Zell
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chucking with snow at the moment.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anyone still there, whats the snow like now, seems to have been some big temp changes, might go tomorrow if it hasn't affected the snow too much
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lynseyf, Hero snow this morning, a bit bumpy on piste this afternoon. Pistes that were directly in the sun all day were a bit mushy lower down but still ok to ski. Kaltenbach was surprisingly quiet, the Z was actually a pleasure to ski.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Returned from the Hoff last Saturday (6th), a week of mostly Feb skiing, Sunday was a whiteout,loads of powder stayed cold for most of the week. Superb end to the season.

Hoch Fugen and Krimml still open this week but very spring conditions with temps in the teens. Roll on December.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy