Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lindsey Vonn and balance training

Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I'd remind you all about something we should clearly all be doing while on hols... If Lindsey does it so should you (whatever it is)...

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
....wear a tiny bikini?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
She has big... erm....

arms.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red nail varnish and yellow flip-flops. Wont catch me doing that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, first, I'd like to know where you got a photo of Ms Vonn on her hols. wink

But anyway, what an excellent study of the physique of a female race skier. I'm really surprised her thighs and stomach aren't bigger. Great muscle definition but she just looks rather slight (if it is her) for someone so obviously strong.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andyph, defo her and it's true that she has got leaner - maybe the stress of the divorce. Here's another:

No idea who that stalker is.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller wrote:
No idea who that stalker is.

He's known locally as "trampoline fetish man".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hmmmm shadows...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyph wrote:
I'm really surprised her thighs and stomach aren't bigger. Great muscle definition but she just looks rather slight (if it is her) for someone so obviously strong.

I thought that - but maybe she piles on the pasta and the weight training later in the summer to get up to race weight.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, no, this is one of her in her full race outfit:

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Like the new touring boots - I assume that's the uphill setting and the heals collapse for down hill?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking at those shoes no wonder she needs the balance training!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, looks like she's trying to emulate Chemmy rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, don't stop. Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andyph, OK, last one. A study of a top ski racer's glutes. Vonn and her sister:

If you check the flip flops from the first pic you'll see they're the same (in case you are a doubting Thomas)
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, But why is she wearing for flip-flops Puzzled
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Vonn and her sister: If you check the flip flops from the first pic you'll see they're the same (in case you are a doubting Thomas)

don't think it matters much. money shot right there Toofy Grin

oh, and by the by, if anyone is adding comments to this thread, please have the decency to reply with quotes to last Bode Swiller post, so as to keep the pic front and centre

we thank you
snow report
barry wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
Vonn and her sister: If you check the flip flops from the first pic you'll see they're the same (in case you are a doubting Thomas)

don't think it matters much. money shot right there Toofy Grin

oh, and by the by, if anyone is adding comments to this thread, please have the decency to reply with quotes to last Bode Swiller post, so as to keep the pic front and centre

we thank you

Clearly it's sexist to do that.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
andyph, OK, last one. A study of a top ski racer's glutes. Vonn and her sister:

And you'd never catch me doing it...
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:

CEM - could you remind me if that high heals constitute delta angle or ramp angle...?
latest report
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

CEM - could you remind me if that high heals constitute delta angle or ramp angle...?

well being as it is in the footwear(shoe/boot) then it would be ramp angle, only if she were to put here skis on would there be additonal binding delta angle involved Little Angel
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:

That pic has been altered surely, I don't believe she really looks like that.

Too tall and thin. Just doesn't look real.
ski holidays
elgrego, well the silly heals would certainly raise her up to great heights plus I think there may be a little camera trickery going on and she is at an angle to the camera which makes her appear slimmer than she really is, I assume that she must be standing on concrete or similar surface because there's no way those heels would not sink into snow. However the creases and pattern in her catsuit appear to be consistent which would suggest that any photoshop work if it has been used was very well done and only fairly subtle, with a white pattern on the catsuit against a snow background it's having an even greater slimming effect especially on legs and thighs, but comparing the snow pic with the first bikini pic would suggest it's pretty close to being accurate
snow report
Please play by the rules

Quote:

ski holidays
Quote:

no way those heels would not sink into snow

Powder baskets?
ski holidays
D G Orf I don't believe she was anywhere near snow when that pic was taken. Most likely in a photo studio somewhere Smile
latest report
elgrego, I initially thought that but if so they have done a great job of getting the lighting in the studio to match very closely the lighting of the background picture, I think she might be standing on a continuation of the road we can see in the background
snow report
D G Orf,
Think you may be right.
I was walking through mesnes park yesterday and guess what I saw?

Yep I was surprised as the normal scene would have been like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mesnes_Park,_Wigan_-_geograph.org.uk_-_47077.jpg#file
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wayne, nice, possibly the last time our Lindsey will be seen in Wigan.

I don't think she was photoshopped onto that mountain scene. If I'm not mistaken, it was taken in Solden (European base for the US Team) and, if you look at her shadows and the angle at which the sun is striking the rocks on the left hand side of the pic, it seems to me it's all one shot. Studio shot would probably not create those shadows. I don't think she's been tinkered with either (other than in my dreams) as she is tall and lean as this next useful pic will demonstrate. Again, we should all be slacklining - isn't it great the degree of interest in women's ski racing these days?

snow conditions
Here's more "not-photoshopped" evidence:

Seems to have faulty zippers.
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

well being as it is in the footwear(shoe/boot) then it would be ramp angle, only if she were to put here skis on would there be additonal binding delta angle involved Little Angel

Thanks very much for clearing up the very important point.
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
an even greater slimming effect especially on legs and thighs, but comparing the snow pic with the first bikini pic would suggest it's pretty close to being accurate

May I, on behalf of all forum members offer our appreciation and thanks for your attention to detail.

We are always impressed by people who put in time to offer an in depth and detailed appraisal of the topic under discussion entirely for the benefit of others. Whilst I am not able, at the moment, to check your evaluation of the body parts mentioned (due to Mrs W calling me a dirty old man), I will of course accept your assessment.

As you are obviously an expert in these matters, I hope you have the time to offer us some carefully considered comments on this picture.

Of course we can take as read the obvious amnesia (haven’t we all done it though, off we go to the slopes only to find we have forgotten to put on our trousers) Hannah Teter is, shockingly, not wearing a helmet and I wondered if you could offer any considered opinion on this matter and any other points you note from the picture.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 28-05-12 7:41; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Quote:

Seems to have faulty zippers.

but not helmet hair Toofy Grin life just isn't fair....
ski holidays
Wayne, Ah well since you ask I note that in the picture Hannah seems to have forgotten her trousers, doubtless given what we all know about snowboarders this is due to spending too much time sitting on the side of the slopes smoking pot wink

However it would also seem that occasionally she forgets other items of clothing in the picture below she seems to have forgotten her jumper and it would also seem that she is suffering a zipper malfunction as well, obviously these poor young ladies are being supplied with poor kit Laughing

ski holidays
Bode Swiller, How many holidays a year are you taking these days?
Have you told Ms Vonn know about you Chemmy yet?
snow conditions
Wayne, she should be shot for combining the colours of those boots with that board!

From the perspective of a woman I don't have a problem with you chaps enjoying the photos of these lovely ladies. They clearly work hard at their fitness and have bodies which demonstrate the outcome of all that hard work. Why on earth shouldn't they show them off esp. if it causes appreciation by others. On the plus side they represent womankind far better with their fit curvey figures than some of the 'beanpoles' who stut their stuff on a catwalk, at least they all look more like real women, even if some of us can only aspire to their legs and tummys.
snow conditions
Megamum, I'd just like to point out that until Wayne, mentioned her I'd never seen a pic of Hannah Teter save perhaps whilst actually on her board, it's not my fault if some of these ladies seem to have decided that removing many of their clothes is a good way to attract publicity.

I do find it quite amazing sometimes that women in particular complain about wanting to be taken seriously and being seen as role models and yet they are apparently very ready to remove most if not all of their clothing merely to gain some publicity, go figure Confused
snow conditions
D G Orf, Errr..............I'm not objecting Puzzled I see nothing wrong with the photo's. I think the world is too PC at times - more power to them I say - they've clearly got it so let 'em flaunt it. Yes, the photos are a little raunchy, but you'd see worse on Page 3 of the Sun - on the whole they are more clothed than many women on the beach in the summer. Good luck to them.
ski holidays
I think Linsdey looks amazing and was enjoying looking at the photos on this tread til it got a bit boring with the 'let's all requote the photos over and over again' thing. I think Hannah Teter looks slightly ridiculous in her pose for some reason (although is clearly very attractive) but then she's not trying to appeal to me anyway.

But what on earth has their decision to have public photos of themselves in bikinis got to do with:

D G Orf wrote:

I do find it quite amazing sometimes that women in particular complain about wanting to be taken seriously

How could you think that someone as successful as Linsdey Vonn is any less of a serious athlete because she is happy to pose in a bikini? I've got a French magazine here with a photo of Nadal in some rather small Armani pants - does that mean I should take him less seriously as a sporting champion? At least the photo explains his wedgie issue I suppose...
snow report
Megamum, I realised you were not objecting, it just seems odd (or perhaps sad) to me that the most effective way for these ladies to gain publicity is to take off their clothes, I have nothing against people doing so, I just think it odd when sportswomen, actresses and other celebrities do so in the likes of FHM, I'm really not sure what it says about the world.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy