Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factor DIN computer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know the company what makes them? Puzzled Interested to learn more!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty simple to be honest - gives the exact same results for me as the online calculators I've used...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobmcstuff, thanks! Trying to find out the manufacturer as well if it is known?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How automated is it? Does it weigh you and measure your height and foot size, then you input your ability level and it comes up with a setting?

If it's just you or the 'tech' putting your height/weight/size/ability level in and coming up with a setting? I wrote a program to do that at least 20 years ago - in Pascal (for those who remember that), probably still have the source code around somewhere...

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 20-03-12 17:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oooh, just found it. I was mistaken on the 20 years - it was comparatively recently: March 2000.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
frenchst, don't know who makes it but

RobW, yes it does weigh you, measure your height and measure your foot. There is a little screen where you select your skier type. It prints a ticket which tells the tech the DIN to set. If you want to vary that you have to sign the slip. Pascal.....blast from the past, I learnt Pascal at uni many moons ago, couldn't write a single line of it now though Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah wrote:
frenchst, don't know who makes it but

RobW, yes it does weigh you, measure your height and measure your foot. There is a little screen where you select your skier type. It prints a ticket which tells the tech the DIN to set. If you want to vary that you have to sign the slip.

Intersport in la plagne 1800 had one of those, we had to stand on the machine and get the ticket, then you weant to the guy who adjusted the bindings, who threw the ticket away and then asked you about your weight / skiing abillity etc
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett,

"Intersport in la plagne 1800 had one of those, we had to stand on the machine and get the ticket, then you weant to the guy who adjusted the bindings, who threw the ticket away and then asked you about your weight / skiing abillity etc"

What ? Ignoring the rules in France ? I don't believe it ! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
frenchst,

Sorry, ignored your question Embarassed If you don't know by next week, I have a friend with a shop in Alpe d'Huez who has one of the weighing machine / printout ones ad I will ask him. Of course he never, ever, ignores the result on the piece of paper.
He still keeps a copy though, just in case you fiddle with your bindings and have an accident.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
think it might be made by SKIDATA the company that make the lift pass access systems (also found in some carparks)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy