Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone else lose their appetite while skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I get massively thirsty while skiing and try to stay as hydrated as possible, but I also can't eat much at lunch.

We tend to just share a basket of fries or something. I usually come back form a weeks skiing in great shape!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monium wrote:
It is about getting your moneys worth out of the all inclusive food.

What inclusive lunch? Where? Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monium wrote:
You have totally missed the point of skiing completely... It is about lunch.

We've had some guests who actually own a place nearby but stay here if their own apartment is rented out. I remember their first trip so well - they'd known the area for decades and knew every michelin star restaurant in the vicinity (and proximity to Megeve means that is certainly more than one). Came to realise over drinks in the bar in the evening that skiing really was an amusing diversion before and after lunch. It is all about lunch! Obviously it's sacrilege to say so on here... but they had such a great time Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Monium wrote:
Piccadilly, get out. Just get out. I can't even look at you. You have totally missed the point of skiing completely.

The whole purpose of skiing is so that you've got an excuse to get a really proper lunch somewhere up a mountain. The afternoon skiing is so you can justify three courses, plus wine, plus seconds, in the evening. That is the whole point of the sport. It is not, I repeat not, about getting better, about going fast, about making nice neat turns, about two foot deep powder that just makes you chuffing hungry and makes your legs hurt, about pushing yourself so you fall over, about improving your technique. It is about lunch. All about lunch. And dinner.

Stupid stupid snowheads. Some of you need to take a cold hard look at yourselves and remember why you do this. Pick up your game, slackers. This is not a holiday. It is about getting your moneys worth out of the all inclusive food. It is a commitment to a lifestyle choice. I wonder why I bother trying to help some of you.

Laughing Awesome
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monium wrote:
Piccadilly, get out. Just get out. I can't even look at you. You have totally missed the point of skiing completely.

The whole purpose of skiing is so that you've got an excuse to get a really proper lunch somewhere up a mountain. The afternoon skiing is so you can justify three courses, plus wine, plus seconds, in the evening. That is the whole point of the sport. It is not, I repeat not, about getting better, about going fast, about making nice neat turns, about two foot deep powder that just makes you chuffing hungry and makes your legs hurt, about pushing yourself so you fall over, about improving your technique. It is about lunch. All about lunch. And dinner.

Stupid stupid snowheads. Some of you need to take a cold hard look at yourselves and remember why you do this. Pick up your game, slackers. This is not a holiday. It is about getting your moneys worth out of the all inclusive food. It is a commitment to a lifestyle choice. I wonder why I bother trying to help some of you.

Haha! I consider myself officially told!

Although do let me know where this all-inclusive place is....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Piccadilly, I don't lose my appetite skiing but did number of years ago in Peru when we were staying in a place called Huaraz at c3000m and going up to over 5000m on occasions. Apparently it's not an unusual symptom of altitude sickness- I also had a sore neck more bizarrely. I guess different people will react at different altitudes so if you're spending all day on the highest slopes at 3000m+ perhaps it's a touch of altitude?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unfortunately I always come back from skiing heavier and less fit than I went. Too much beer, wine and cheese, and not enough aerobic exercise. Bit more leg strength perhaps, but feeling much less aerobically fit.

I eat a lot more when skiing, probably because the three course dinners and nice lunches are there, and I seem to be struggling to reduce that down to a normal meal - just had a normal lunch at work and I'm still absolutely starving!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always feel hungry at lunchtime and will happily eat two courses if that's what the people I'm with want to do. I have to force myself to eat a lot on skiing holidays or I lose weight, which is bad for me.

Altitude (or the after effect of flying) does very weird things to my stomach but doesn't stop me feeling hungry usually.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I'm killing myself laughing! I wish I could lose weight when skiing - but I get hungry and need to eat and all the lovely nosh, meat, cheeses, patisserie, mousses au chocolat, and all the lovely beer and wine, hot or cold, and fizzy drinks and chocolate and and and and and ... is so enticing and necessary!... especially those LAYS crisps (bacon ancienne please). I'm wondering if Piccadilly has some sort of stress related problem, anxiety stops you wanting to eat too. Drinking is so important at altitude. Never have one drink, have 2 (one water, not 2 beers, silly...or if 2 beers, 2 waters as well but there are never any loos...) Does Piccadilly sleep well?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eat less at lunchtime than when I'm in the office, maybe a little more at breakfast and in the evening. Snack less. Bizarrely, need less chocolate in the afternoon. As the week goes by I tend to eat a little less each day.

On a proper offpiste ski holiday, I tend to lose about 2 kgs despite having a three-course dinner every evening. Happened last week, too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowyowl wrote:

I'm killing myself laughing! I wish I could lose weight when skiing - but I get hungry and need to eat and all the lovely nosh, meat, cheeses, patisserie, mousses au chocolat, and all the lovely beer and wine, hot or cold, and fizzy drinks and chocolate and and and and and ... is so enticing and necessary!... especially those LAYS crisps (bacon ancienne please). I'm wondering if Piccadilly has some sort of stress related problem, anxiety stops you wanting to eat too. Drinking is so important at altitude. Never have one drink, have 2 (one water, not 2 beers, silly...or if 2 beers, 2 waters as well but there are never any loos...) Does Piccadilly sleep well?

No stress here! I sleep like a (snoring) baby too.

As I said above, it's probably dehydration from too much alcohol!

It only happens on ski holidays though, I love my food.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lost a stone 2 years ago in serfaus and I would say its a mixture of altitude and lots of beer, LOTS!! of beer. very unhealthy to do what I did for a week just living on a breakfast of tea and toast in the morning 1 bowl of gulashuppe lunch time and another in the evening. it was only 1x stone i lost but I looked miserable when I got home. force feed myself when sking since as I want my liver to hold out for a few more ski trips but have to agree with the lack of appetite when I'm sking. i'm 5"6 and an 11 stone male.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy