Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Come On Snowheads, lets give this guy the best wedding gift ever

Poster: A snowHead
SNOWHEADS,

My friend is getting married in May, I am an usher at the wedding and want to help send him off into married life in the best way possible! I am sure some of you will have seen him trying for votes for a heliskiing competition. Simple as this, it has moved from a photography comp into a popularity contest and the other guy has more FB friends. His main challenge in first place didn't even take the time to rotate his image from being on the side for crying out loud! You guys on Snowheads can make the difference!

God knows his life may soon be over with upcoming wedding (lol), so how about we get together and send him off in style. Here's the link, all you have to do is click the thumbs up vote icon

http://www.crescentspurheliskiing.com/shameforgain/2011/12/the-three-stages-of-the-skiier-beginner-intermediate-advanced/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
grolsch99, with respect he has pimped this all over the forum. Sure it would be nice if he wins, but it's getting a bit tedious now
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only one other post i can see which has just been put up, hardly all over the forum. People on this forum could win it for him just like they have won comps for others.

Would be a crying shame if the leader at the moment wins because it is such a poor leader
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
grolsch99, he has also posted in other threads.

here on an insurance thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2007629&highlight=#2007629

here on someone elses comp thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2007398&highlight=#2007398

here on a favourite book thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2007176&highlight=#2007176

I did vote when I had access to FB, which I don't at work.

Can't remember a time when snowheads have won (as opposed to voted) comps for others, but I might have missed it I suppose.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
grolsch99, done, he's got a good friend Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
grolsch99, holidayloverxx does have a point though wink tell him enough already
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, The comp thread above resulted in a win but agree with you this one is getting a bit over done, multiple posts in other threads and the difference this time is its one post per person while the winning one above was one vote per person per day, even with added incentive to remind people that one stayed in its own thread.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All i meant was we had only started one post, I started this one as it only has a day left to run and every vote is crucial. We have both voted for every other comp people.have posted on here and it would be lovely for the Snowheads community to help us out Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
grolsch99, what else have you done to try to get votes? Started a Facebook campaign for your friends to help spread? Got the support of skiing communities elsewhere, such as Australia and the States? You've got to have tried further afield than just snowheads. Enough is enough here though, those of us that have voted can't do anything else and it is getting a bit tedious....I know your friend wants a free holiday - well, don't we all?! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done all of the above, sorry if i thought we may get some support on here
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
grolsch99, Confused You got plenty of support on here but you're in danger of just boring everyone now. Don't put peoples backs up. So what other forums have you posted on?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
grolsch99 wrote:
Done all of the above, sorry if i thought we may get some support on here

you have indeed had support here

its just not nice to litter the site with with requests - one thread, two if its from a good friend wink is enough
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://forums.ski.com.au/forums this is the main Australian ski forum. I can't see that you've posted there - why don't you try? PS, don't spam it wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Cathy, I'm not trying to get peoples backs up, apologies if thats how it came acaross. I just really really want him to win. He deserves it just for the shot alone
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
WHHOOOOAAAAAA!!!!! guys.... last thing I want is to get peoples backs up! I really 'am not that kinda guy!

I didn't even realise my friend had started this till he told me down the pub! So sorry for getting on peoples nerves and extra apologies for hijacking a couple of threads. What can I say? I am just desperately wanting this trip? I know there may be sentiment that everyone would, but seriously guys I am in with a really good chance at the moment and you guys could seriously make the difference! I did genuinely vote on the girls hol for Whistler (9 times!). I have been a Snowhead for many years... in fact, I even rock out the stickers on my lugagge lol

Again guys, MASSIVE apologies if I've irritated people (it finishes tomorrow Sad) but I am sure you can understand my urgency. Wouldn't we all love such a trip? My friend is only trying to do me a solid so please, no bad feelings folks. We're all sno lovers and shouldn't be getting angry with one another. There is no spamming or anything, many Snowheads would vouch for me, including several moderators.

With regard to the other forums, I have tried my Flickr and Red Bubble communities but have been ultimately met with scorn which is really sad considering, over the years, I have helped people out countless times. I am big into photography anf thought they would help.

Again guys, big apologies but I must say, if you would vote, then please do... I seriously think the Snowheads could make the difference of sending one of us heliskiing or not

All the best

Ryan
snow conditions
shenryo wrote:
We're all sno lovers and shouldn't be getting angry with one another.

I don't think there is any anger,

Good luck with it, I did think yours was the best of the ones I looked at
ski holidays
I've already voted so can't vote again. Indeed, I voted out of snowHead loyalty - I don;t particularly think the picture is that great or relevant to the competition. But a competition that is merely a count of the number of random people you can persuade to vote is not really anything to do with the quality of the picture and I don't blame the guy for trying - after all, a free trip is a free trip.

The ettiquette used on here before is to draw people's attention to the competition, tell people who you are and ask that they vote for their favourite entry. OK, so it is implied that you want their vote but it just sounds more polite.

I'm dreading the day (which will happen quite soon) when two snowHead s enter the same comp and both are seeking our vote Skullie
snow report
holidayloverxx, thank you Smile
Tiger2, thank you for the vote. I know what you mean about the image possibly not being in-line with what the comp wants, but can I just say, I was approached to add that particular image by one of the owners of the company, so they must've thought it worked - thank you kindly for the vote Tiger2,
latest report
Sorry I'm not voting. I have nothing against shenryo, but if it's supposed to be a photo comp, and it has now become a 'who can blag the most support from online communities ' comp then it's all a bit sad and a waste of everyones time.

Good luck but if a competition isn't won on the merits of your entry, then you didn't really win it.
snow report
Axsman, respect your decision. Shenryo was actually invited to enter the competiton by a member of the website.

Unfortunate that the rules are simply most votes wins, it is always gonna be a popularity thing.

As for the merits take a look at the two pics in the running and tell me who deserves to win Sad
ski holidays
Axsman, that's fair enough mate. It is true though, I was invited by one of the owners as she liked my image. Sadly, I just can't compete with the guy in first place in popularity stakes otherwise I wouldn't have been campaigning on here.
snow report
shenryo, great photo and happy to vote for it - easily the best on there. Good luck!
ski holidays
flowa, thank you so much, I really appreciate that. Each little vote counts massively.
snow conditions
grolsch99, shenryo, Ok guys, I took a look at the pix.. No doubt about it yours is a lot better than the boring pic of some bloke in a fart bag.. But here's the thing. There are one or two OTHER pix in the competition, and a couple of them are quite good as well as being funny.

So if fart bag man wins because he has better contacts or more friends , you'll feel aggrieved.. But what about all those other entrants, who haven't begged for votes on a ski forum? Why should HE or YOU beat THEM just because you both know how to work the system?

So I've voted, for what I thought was the best pic. I doubt it will win. But it's still the best pic.
ski holidays
Axsman wrote:
grolsch99, shenryo, Ok guys, I took a lok at the pix.. No doubt about it yours is a lot better than the boring pic of some bloke in a fart bag.. But here's the thing. There are one or two OTHER pix in the competition, and a couple of them are quite good as well as being funny.

So if fart bag man wins becaus he has better contacts or more friends , you'll feel aggrieved.. But what about all those other entrants, who haven't begged for votes on a ski forum? Why should HE or YOU beat THEM just because you both know how to work the system?

So I've voted, for what I thought was the best pic. I doubt it will win. But it's still the best pic.

I agree with you, we only started campaigning for votes yesterday when it was clear it was a 2 horse race, so realistically the other entrants were already out the running
latest report
Axsman, that's fine, I FULLY respect that buddy. More than happy for people on here to vote for the image they think is best. That's the only reason I started on here, because this other image made it more about popularity than photography. I fully respect that and thank you kindly for voting. I have voted on three other images than my own. Can I ask which one you did like best? Just wonder if it's the same as mine Wink
latest report
shenryo, The one that's currently 3rd. Great capture. Yours is good too BTW, and should definitely beat mr fart bag. Little Angel
ski holidays
the video clip one? I liked a different one, the naked jumper lol

the only problem with mr fart bag lol is he is getting help from other forums and I fear a surge later... that's the only reason I tried to channel such support on here... quite simply, he has many, many more friends than I do Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Axsman wrote:
So if fart bag man wins because he has better contacts or more friends , you'll feel aggrieved.. But what about all those other entrants, who haven't begged for votes on a ski forum? Why should HE or YOU beat THEM just because you both know how to work the system?

Hi "Judy" wink long time, no see. Think it was Wengen the last time?
My take on your point is that the competition setters actually caused the problem by leaving it to a 'public vote', so why not pitch in and help ... especially since there is a clear difference in quality. I wouldn't have voted if it wasn't up to snuff.

Glad you voted your choice, whichever it was.

Glad the boys waited 'til it was a two horse race before asking for help .... 'cause, as you said, the fartbag guy's shot is HOPELESS. Couldn't even upload it straight ffs rolling eyes
latest report
Hey flowa, yes wengen it was. And also the EOSB that involved the mad taxi ride across Paris and you holding the train door open for us as we leapt aboard! Laughing

FWIW I agree with you that the competition setters are to blame. Any on line vote these days is all about popularity and little to do with talent. X Factor anyone? Toofy Grin

I voted for the pic of the guy just clipping the treetops in a cloud of powder because it's a good photo. I didn't even look at the videos.
ski holidays
flowa, thank you so much... I would never have posted on here for votes if it hadn't happened like that. I take my photography very seriously, have won many competitions (not with a prize like this mind) and lost many too. It was just when it became about vote totting up that I thought... a-ha, SNowheads....

Axsman, I respect that buddy, tis a good shot... no qualms with that whatsoever.

I hate to do it, but Snowheads, anyone else that wants to help a fella out? Make mine and my fianees wedding list truly come true lol
snow conditions
Have you won yet?
ski holidays
my fear is that he will be getting the Australian vote in the next few hours... please keep your fingers crossed for me guys and please help me out with a vote if you can guys Smile
latest report
andersont, I am afraid not buddy... need more support I fear... this guys has probs just been skiing all day and is about to start his surge... he seems to have a big help from the Australian version of Snowheads... I am in the lead, but I fear by not enough Sad
snow report
well... into the final string and guess who votes and retweets to help me?!?!?!? BRAD DOURIF!!!! Surely in with a chance if I've got Chucky on my team!!!
snow report
well guys... 15 mins left and I am in the lead... thank you all very much for the votes, it really is appreciated... I quite seriously can't stress how genuinely over the moon with the support I have had on here, within my friends on FB and my photography links... fingers crossed still, but again, THANK YOU
ski holidays
Spikyhedgehog, geetee, I can't thank you enough

SNOWHEADS.... I THINK I HAVE WON THIS!!!! I can't thank you all enough for the amazing support on here. I had been very weary of starting to campaign around, which is why I left it to the last couple of days, but the response... WOW! Be proud SNOWHEADS.. we have helped a girl to Whistler, and now you have helped me to Crescent Spur... WOW! Nothing confirmed yet, but I finished on 645 votes, second place on 479!!!

Now then I ain't ignoring you good people, but it's 7.36am and I must go to bed... I am like a happy zombie at Christmas. Thank you again Smile

grolsch99, what can I say? SNOWHEADS... this is what a good mate is all about, is it not??? Thank you Mr.... GET UP THERE!!!!
latest report
Thank you guys ever so much, every vote on here counted and I know we annoyed the tits off you for the past 48 hours but I promise to behave from now on Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 16-03-12 9:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
shenryo, grolsch99, if you don´t post up pics of you on your trips , the :sH:heads collective know where to find you wink

Well done and enjoy!
ski holidays
shenryo, Congrats! Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy