Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FWT

Poster: A snowHead
Spam or not, I'm shouting about this.

Recently we had 2 Whitedot team riders podium in the FWT in Roldal Norway. Dennis Risvoll on Ragnaroks got a 1st (mens ski) and Eva Walkner on 190 Redeemers got a 3rd.

This morning Eva got 1st riding Preacher 189s on the FWT tour stop Fieberbrunn. That takes Eva to 2nd overall with one stop left (Verbier)

This is Eva's winning line. She is one incredible rider. If anyone is in Verbier for the next stop. Cheer for Eva

http://youtube.com/v/r4pqWSrNrQQ#!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never one to blow your own trumpet Laughing

Well done to all your riders, and equipment (obviously).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ricfrench, wink some things are worth shouting about eh. We've got an excellent team.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dot., wow. Congratulations!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well done Dot.,

Idle curiosity - how is the event scored please, is it time, style, a bit of both, line down the mountain etc.?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, without going into a lot of detail, this is from the FWT website.

Judging is based on overall impression, which takes into account the athlete’s line, fluidity, control, jumps and crashes. This split criteria mentality is key in determining the best overall impression of the run. Riders are scored on a scale with 100 possible scores and judges are trained to use the full scale when evaluating runs.

Prior to the competition, judges check the competition faces themselves and analyse possible lines and snow conditions while imagining what could be a very difficult or a safe line on the face.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Awesome!

Are the guys 'n girls using regular production skis for the comps, or are you beefing them up for them?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dot., Congratulations to you and your team!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wel done Team, great skiing..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
POV of the same and more evidence that backseat chest mount videos are exactly that. Wink

http://youtube.com/v/8l--DQQ85QM&feature=plcp&context=C472da55VDvjVQa1PpcFM60nzKBKbcJS-_pUiCrOZsqWOKeVkBevI%3D
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Also Drew Tabke absolutely blew away the other top place runs!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clarky999 wrote:
Awesome!

Are the guys 'n girls using regular production skis for the comps, or are you beefing them up for them?

same. All the skis our pro's use are the same skis in every way that are available in shops.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dot. wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Awesome!

same. All the skis our pro's use are the same skis in every way that are available in shops.

And Dot does mean 'in every way', those skis in the pic above I put in Eva's hands myself just before the Chamonix round (after her first pair had an arguement with a tech's drill) and they were simply pulled off the top of the 2013 samples pile.

This is one of the companies main tenents (and an integral part of our ethos): The skis that the pro's ride are exactly the same as the skis the public can buy off our retailers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For a new small company to be hitting the podiums is amazing, congratulations and thanks for a great pair of skis.
latest report
Dot., midgetbiker, I am so stoked for you guys, give my many congratulations to Eva,

and if she is free does she fancy sking the three valleys with us next week Toofy Grin wink wink wink
ski holidays
Dot., delighted for you guys. Is that K2 in second and Volkl in third? What a shame Laughing
ski holidays
Congratulations !!
latest report
Nice, well done! Will definitely be trying to get my slimy mitts on a pair of those next year. Maybe...
snow report
Dot.,
Many Congratulations. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Dot., So the judging is quite subjective and down to individual opinion, that must make it quite interesting. She is carrying a big backpack too (I guess full of avi gear) and that can't make it any easier to go fast and fluid either. I should think that there is an advantage in going earlier in the contest though as some of the areas looked well criss-crossed with other tracks. I've skied in deepish snow enough now to know that it is far easier to ski when is unmarked rather than having to push through where other skiers have mounded it up - Eva is really impressive, but it must be a really dangerous thing to do - RESPECT!
ski holidays
Well done guys. Fantastic achievement!
ski holidays
Congrats.

I really liked Eva's line. In some ways I preferred it to Drew's. I know he threw the 3 and the back but he didn't really hit a big cliff.
snow report
Thanks all.

Obviously it's the VERY talented Eva Walkner who did the business Toofy Grin but now that more than 50% of our models have podiumed on the FWT I'd like to think maybe half of a percent of their run was due to our skis. OK maybe quarter of a percent wink

Please all get behind Eva and support her at the Verbier stop. You'll be able to watch her live on the FWT website.
latest report
Awesome stuff! Smile Obviously the right tools for the job Very Happy
latest report
midgetbiker, Dot., nice one lads. Cool
snow report
Whitedots on national TV Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://tvthek.orf.at/programs/70019-Salzburg-heute/episodes/3720193-Salzburg-heute/3722995-Eva-Walkner-Freeride
latest report
Does anyone else think the fact that she can do that is really hot?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Call me a sucker, but this is making my decision to get a pair of The Ones for next season even easier to justify.

I won't be skiing them anything like Eva skiied her Preachers in that video, though. Wow. Well done to her and you guys for the result!
latest report
It's that strip of Number 8 wire coiled to an ancient and secret Tainui design that makes them so good. Go Dot!
latest report
Big Paua, tūturu wink
ski holidays
The yank Freeski World Tour just started:

http://www.earlyups.com/locations/utah/2012-subaru-north-american-freeskiing-championships-live-feed/

Some serious hard conditions and good look at how fat skis cope. Wink
snow report
Dot. wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Awesome!

Cool!

My sister's been loving her Directors this week in a nicely slushy PDS, btw.
ski holidays
Our girl did the business finishing 2nd at the final stop of the FWT in Verbier which means she's 2nd overall on the FWT.

Her line was awesome
http://youtube.com/v/uiv4KZ359ew&feature=share
ski holidays
Great run, it's interesting the scoring is f complicated but when you watch a winning run its obvious it's the winning run. What happened to Sam, I have been following him, I was worried that he might hurt himself on the bec given his all out style, I didn't catch the comp on sat only to see he came 14th so I guess he must have stuffed up.
ski holidays
congrats Dot., a pair passed me at the weekend Toofy Grin

Took this for you
snow conditions
Quote:

Great run, it's interesting the scoring is f complicated but when you watch a winning run its obvious it's the winning run.

complicated - ha if ever there was an understatement.

On the day Eva ran about 6th rider out of say 9, her run was clearly the best so far and everyone (including the commentators) were saying that she had won the day and the championship. Christine then put in a similar line, very aggressive performance, the commentators were still talking about Eva for the win and seemed to be caught a little on the hop when the scores came out with Christine ahead (apparently, they said, the first time live scoring had been used). The talk then was all Christine wins the day but Eva will still take the championship, we skied down to the finish line to congratulate Eva but she was convinced she'ld just missed out (rightly as it turns out). Basically she was stood with Angel and Christine and nobody knew for sure who had won, talk about stress! After about 20mins and numerous checks of the FWT website Eva, to her credit, says "chuff this (I paraphrase) I'm off to enjoy the comp with a beer at the top.

So in the end 40 points out of over 8000 (less then 0.5%) meant that Christine won out (well done to her, two wins and a second is always going to be hard to beat). I guess with such a small margin the results were checked and re-checked before they went out; you wouldn't want to be the one to get it wrong would you? I'm certainly not having a pop at the FWT, the event was very impressive and the logistics very smooth, but it was tense there for a while. If we were jacked up waiting for the results can you imagine what it was like for Eva, Angel & Christine?

Fantastic day though, if anyone is ever near one of these events then I can heartily recommend them. The weather was glorious too (hence my peeling forehead), but that did make the snow a little 'challenging', I think only 4 of the elite women made it down without a spill.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy