Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peisey Nancroix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
^^ Taxi - about 45-55€ depending on how good your french is.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank you for all the hints and help, had a fantastic week. I will submit a full report tonight or tomorrow when time (work) allows Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
martyngb, cant wait I'm off on Friday Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello Everyone,

It's almost time...4 more sleeps until we head to Les Gets. A numpty in our group booked a hotel on Friday night in Troyes not Dole, leaving us with a thrilling 5 hour journey on Saturday through to Les Gets. Any advice on when to avoid transfer traffic up the mountain? We will be down to our last malteser by then.

Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MiddleEnglandMum, Welcome to snowHead - I'd suggest posting your question as a new topic in this section - not many people will read it on the end of this thread. "New Topic" button is on the top left hand-side under the "Resort Reviews & Trip Reports message"

My gut feel however is to leave early, get there early and go skiing..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
martyngb, I'm off to Peisey tomorrow, was thinking of testing various ski's any shop recommendations?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
radar, Hi

We were in Peisey Vilaret, directly below the Vanois express and there is only one shop a small intersport

In the main part of Peisey there is a muchn larger Intersport and they had a much greater range of kit

The small one was excellent, friendly and happy to swap stuff around

Enjoy!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are actually staying in Moulin, the chalet provides free transfers to the lobster pots, or the local bus runs every 30 minutes and stops right outside, for those wanting to try the L'ancolie, I would recomend it,the set menu was €39.00 for three courses, I was stuffed after the first, but managed to keep going, its not cheap but compared to what you pay on the mountain (lasagne, burger and two small beers yesterday €50) its good value you have to book
martyngb, stuck my head in there and had a nose around (its also the Sherpa) didn't have the ski's I was looking for, mind you neither did the others
Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all,

New to this board, and just wanted to find out what the situation is like in Peisey at the moment? Any chance of skiing back to the chalets?

I'm going the first week in March, staying with Snowcrazy, and from their info it doesn't look too bad at all in terms of getting about.

Ancolie - I know it's in Nacroix, but how difficult is it to get to from the chalet? Worth it or just rely on the places in Peisey?

A load of questions I know, but any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BenHK, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

Too early to say yet whether it is possible to ski back to the Snowcrazy chalets in Peisey at the moment. If not, the lobster pots are available. It's probably best to ask again just before you go - or email the chalet owner.

Ancolie is a bit of a walk from there - quite manageable & downhill on the way home - so that's always good Smile

Ask away..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The snow reports on the whole are look amazing. Any update on whether it's possible to ski down into Nancroix yet?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BenHK, if you're with Snowcrazy in Peisey, then you're staying at Eagles Nest or Marigold (in group of buildings on the left).
The usual way down to these chalets from the Vanois level is genepi's "Lobester Pots" and then a short walk.
To ski it would involve going through some trees, various gardens and across a road or two.
Possible, but maybe not sensible.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Jonpim. Think I'll probably be catching the lift back. Seems like a decent excuse to stop for a drink in Plan Peisey on the way down.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett wrote:
Boris wrote:
Each to their own of course, but I've never skied back into Peisey and not found the last bit icy.

Doing well to ski back to Peisey... more of an off-piste route..

I've skied back to Peisey under the yogurt pots, it's proper knarly, I ended up in a little ravine, Kitty was not impressed, only did it the once. I'm sure there must be an easier way to ski back, but never tried again as snow was marginal when I was there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy