Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Austrian Adventure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kooky, [cough] fell over???

Minimum_1, Minimum_2, I do hope you got pictures of it Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schuss in Boots, *clears throat* errr *looks around shiftily* mebbe Embarassed Can´t even blame the beer cos it was before the first hut stop Embarassed The first thing Minimum_2 said was "oh no, i don´t have my camera"........I tried to step on his bindings in the lift everytime after that cos I am mean like that Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andybag wrote:
alex_heney wrote:
Minimum_1 wrote:
ed to do the toboggan run!!!

Make sure you check your insurance first.

A lot of winter sports policies don't cover tobogganing, so if you got hurt, you would have to pay for evacuation, and possibly for repatriation if you needed a special flight.

Some policies do cover it.

You are having a laugh aren't you? Just do it and enjoy it, that's all I'd do if I was tobogganing or sledging at home or abroad (although other people seem to have more health and safety concious views then myself)

No, I wasn't having a laugh.

At home, I'd have no problem doing it without insurance either, but abroad there is always the possibility of hurting yourself in a way that will be expensive to get you home.

You do need to check that it is covered, and I was just raising the issue because a lot of people might not realises that it is often excluded.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kooky That chap in the bar was well set on 'friendly relations' wasn't he? He went out of his way to catch my eye and then there seemed no holding back Laughing

Schuss in Boots, I was not a witness to said 'falling over' event. However, I am told that it was respectably 'epic' it seems to me that there is no point in falling unless it is an 'epic' fall {respect}

We had a fabulous last day's skiing with kooky, as the Minimum's have reported and unfortunately leave for home tomorrow. However, Austria has not seen the last of us and we are already booked to return next year Very Happy when I shall hold kooky, to her offer to show me some even more epic (I going to see how many times I can get the word 'epic' in here LOL) apres-ski. Hopefully, we will also get around to skiing with Samerburg Sue next year as well, as a mixture of misunderstanding her car situation and being out of touch of the internet to catch up with things, led to us making other arrangements this year and missing a chance to ski with her. Which was a real shame as she had given me so much help in arranging the trip.

Austria has been great. It has made a change to ski somewhere new and it has been good for me to ski unfamiliar pistes each day. We have also had some epic snow - I lost count of the number of times we had to dig the car out! We have had a gastronomic experience at every mountain top and have got through, apfel strudel, topfen strudel, goulash soup, germ knerdol (not certain I liked that one), schinken kase toast, tiroler grostl and spatzle with cheese - so I think we tried most of the Austrian goodies - some several times. Oh, yes and not forgetting the gluhwein Toofy Grin It's a hard life isn't it? wink

So all in all a truly epic holiday!

P.S. if kooky ever presents you with little glasses of warm pretty pinky/amber liquid with cream tops and small drinking straws, I'd really recommend them. They are delicious and leave a lovely warm glow inside. Heaven knows what's in them, but I don't think I really mind what it was - they were delicious - I do harbour a slight notion that, in excess, they could be quite lethal though! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, I think this holiday has been a revelation. You have tackled new terrain, in sometimes challengng conditions, and surviving kooky. I've really enjoyed following your exploits (not withstanding the vested interest). Next time with Samerberg Sue will be different again Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For a Ski insurance thread I thought it better to to be in the Piste see:-
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86792

wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Minimum_1, Good idea.

I didn't intend that, it was just meant to be a quick "heads up".
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm back home now and already missing the snow!!!!
I can't wait to go back next year! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Minimum_1, I know the feeling! That makes you a real proper snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great report, glad you all had such a good time, Megamum, did you get to try Jagertee? or was you too busy on the Gluhwein wink Having seen the videos Minimum_1, and Minimum_2 a, my havent you both grown up so much!! and b, what super little skiers you are, well done, glad you all enjoyed Austria its my favourite place, just wish I could get there more often!! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy