Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Security patrols on piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Surely these patrols are looking for more than someone just skiing fast?

I would think they are looking for those who are going fast in inappropriate situations, passing too close to other skiers, skiing inconsiderately etc. I guess what in driving parlance would be 'skiing without undue care and attention'. These days on a nursery piste I can easily outstrip a new beginner. I wouldn't dream of hairing through a marked beginners 'slow' piste at an unsafe speed, but I have seen the situation where a beginner is wobbling across the whole width of the piste and it made sense to speed up to be able to safely pass them on the opposite side of the piste a considerable distance from them whereas to ski at a slower would have put me closer to them and perhaps made them jumpy. That in my book is considerate skiing and I think there are times where the application of speed is the correct thing to do at the right moment. I wouldn't think a safety patrol would pull you for that either. Surely this thing is a molehill being made into a mountain. I don't think its about curtailment of freedoms, or forcing anyone not to do anything that isn't safe at the time. I imagine it is to nick' those clearly skiing inconsiderately and making the slope a danger to others - if this is the case then it must be a good thing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sev112, My point is that it's very difficult to go past safely when they are taking up the entire width of a flattish narrow link type slope. Much rather have a disorganised adult group which has fallen into disarray - many more gaps to nip through.

People get annoyed by different thing when on the slopes be it busy and pushy lift queues, people not pulling the bar down, pulling the bar down too quickly, people stopping, or even ski school snakes. Just so happens I don't like those.

pam w, I find it quite difficult to ski on one ski being on a board. I can kind of go along on only my back foot for quite a while, and on my front foot for a bit but that's not a great thing to be practicing on a busy narrow strip full of beginners, and it kind of hurts my feet a bit. Likewise 360s on the ground are easy but I need a bit of speed and something to pop off to rotate in the air. Kickers aren't normal features of flat link type slopes. And nor do I have music to listen to unfortunately, I find it much easier if I'm more around of my surroundings Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

If it's too difficult to pass them, on a busy slope, then slow down and admire the scenery, or do 360s, or ski on one leg, or listen to your music. And chill. It's not the 0740 from Woking to Waterloo

This is it isn't it? Every day I am on skis is a good day. The only thing that winds me up on pistes is when people are skiing too close, too fast and out of control (generally they seem to think they are in control but they aren't rolling eyes ). Basically I don't like the idea of getting injured because someone else screwed up. But to get annoyed because you have to slow down to pick your overtaking spot, because you have to show a little caution above blind rollers, because you have to pole (learn how to skate) because the piste patrol want to cut the risk of a high speed collision at an intersection? I mean come on folks...

If you are the uphill skier you need to be able to deal with all kinds of bad judgements, errors and keystone cops antics below you. I regard all that stuff as just being part of skiing, like adjusting to bad visibility, ice, slush, whatever. You're skiing. It's good. Don't moan.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Be careful what you wish for...

http://www.merinet.com/reports/news/ski-security-patrol-initiative-in-meribel-mottaret?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy