Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

(Have a Le-Mans start )

skipresto I think you've hit on something there. With a short distance to cover, ski binding click in would obviously win but there would become a point where not being able to run in hard ski boots (across an icy car park for example) vs soft boarding boots would compensate for the slower binding of the boarders.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SkiPresto, Snowsports footage is intrinsically dull and your need big budgets to get it looking as good as it feels. Look at the expensive kit and filiming effort put into Travis Rice's Brainfarm productions, bankrolled by Red Bull.

And I can't believe that you're suggesting that Satan Whoppercock (Elite Airguitar champion) hasn't the right to be on TV, he's actually had a longer role in the history of UK snowboarding than most.

I thought the Alta piece was unecessary because I assumed that anyone who was interested or needed to have an opinion about it would have formed it by now and moved on and didn't need some half baked preachy nonsense about "can't we all just love each other". That's not to say I wouldn't have found a decent resort guide to SLC or some riding with the locals type stuff interesting.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Yes, I did hear Ed Leigh's triumphant tones announcing this about Boarder Cross Olympic event.
So Do you mean that Olympic Boarder Cross isn't racing?

And then, If the logic is correct that "... not enough people interested [in DH racing]", then it wouldn't be much of a boast for BoarderCross to gain more viewers than something that is supposed to be uninteresting.

The orginal comment (ImmerSchuss ??) was referring to ski racing. I was merely pointing out the fact that more people were interested in the Snowboarding (Boardercross) than the DH. By that logic, if they did have seperate programs for skiing and boarding as per your suggestion, more coverage (and indeed budget) would need to be dedicated to the more popular of the 2 and the one in which we have some genuine world class talent.....that'll be the snowboarding then....

Why don't you just get Eurosport if you want to watch the Ski racing?...maybe you could broaden your horizons and see what some of the skiers and boarders are up to during the Winter X games on 'Extreme' or check out the Warren Miller films on Sky Sports 3.....or maybe you just like to have a moan about those pesky kids and don't actually care about the Ski racing?

FWIW I think the current format is OK, it just needs to improve the content a bit. The magazine segments seem a little lazy at the moment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thorpedo wrote:

I have not seen the end of the program which can be viewed on iPlayer, but if they have not mentioned the truely sad death of Sarah Burke, it would be disgraceful.

As has a;lready been mentioned earlier in the thread, they did have a short piece on it at the end.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Satan Whoppercock

If I was ever in a Punk/Metal band, this would be my stage name Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Why don't you just get Eurosport if you want to watch the Ski racing?...maybe you could broaden your horizons and see what some of the skiers and boarders are up to during the Winter X games on 'Extreme' or check out the Warren Miller films on Sky Sports 3.....or maybe you just like to have a moan about those pesky kids and don't actually care about the Ski racing?

@joydivision "Maybe" you should delete your postings where you have resorted to condescension and personal abuse to support your line of argument.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tiger2 wrote:
Quote:

(Have a Le-Mans start )

skipresto I think you've hit on something there. With a short distance to cover, ski binding click in would obviously win but there would become a point where not being able to run in hard ski boots (across an icy car park for example) vs soft boarding boots would compensate for the slower binding of the boarders.

They can run "across an icy car park" in those trousers? Carrying a bindings adjustment tool-kit? Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SkiPresto,
Yes totally agree but why o why is it not happening ?
Glamming it up a bit and selling it more a la Top Gear could be the way,but I still think it has to be Snowboarding /youth led....... ( I am not from the dark side by the way,boarding is just too slow ! )
oooh, wait for that to hit ha ha !!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
immer schuss wrote:
SkiPresto,
Yes totally agree but why o why is it not happening ?
Glamming it up a bit and selling it more a la Top Gear could be the way,but I still think it has to be Snowboarding /youth led....... ( I am not from the dark side by the way,boarding is just too slow ! )
oooh, wait for that to hit ha ha !!

Ja Immer!
I'm all for it being youth-led, but respect the sports that take a decade in which to develop the skills.
People's sporting lifespan is much longer now. The business comes from the 25-65 age group, not the under 20's.
(I have the reason for snowboard racing being slower, if anyone is interested). Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well its Sunday again, I wonder if the bowls coverage is going to over run today Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good chance I reckon........just to rub salt in the wound !
Bowls or Skiing,Boarding and Mountains,what planet are we on ? everyone to their own I suppose.............
Is there a forum called Bowlheads ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Is there a forum called Bowlheads ?

But there is a Bowls World Tour Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All this talk of bowls reminds me of a supposed schoolboy howler in the History Exam question about the Spanish Armada:
"When Sir Francis Drake was told on Plymouth Hoe that the Spanish Armada had been sighted, he calmly replied "The Spanish Armada can wait, my bowels can't.""
Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
.^^^^^^ fix the heel fix the problem
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, Or free the heel and ski for real? wink
ski holidays
Over 1.8 million avid Ski Sunday viewers prepare to settle in front of their TVs for another thrill!
You just wonder when they do the Viewing figures: are they surveying TVs that happen to be switched on during the time a programme is aired, or can they count rooms full of Snowheads riveted to every edge angle nuance, every inflection of diction from our heroic presenters.
And now we know Ed Leigh's Alter Ego (Satan Whopperwotsit) (That's Alter-Ego, not "Alta"-Ego) can we dare to guess of the quickening of the pulses and the pinkening of the cheeks of his lady admirers (of all ages) across the UK when he swishes through the picture, carving his mighty groove under the throbbing rotors of the chopper?
(Equality point. Sorry, I'm sure he'll have male admirers too).
ski holidays
17.11 Still bowls.

snowHead
ski holidays
Its on!!!
snow report
Lindsay and Chemmy on the sofa, now all we need is champagne, bikini's and a hot tub!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
Bev is lying on the sofa drinking gluhwein and ringing her cowbell...

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, Laughing
snow conditions
dude

never heard it called
a cowbell

ok bye
latest report
Yep poor again - night slalom fine but no news, boring La Vonn interview, no apology for last week & no rebroadcast of Sarah Burke tribute.
snow report
Not too much to moan about there. Good coverage of the night race - with some appropriate background about the Kostelitc/ Hirscher conflict. Reasonable interview with Mrs Vonn.

snowHead
ski holidays
Ski Sunday: That's the standard. All good tonight. 40,000 roaring supporters at Schladming cheering an Austrian win and the Lindsay Vonn interview and stills photos came over very well. Very professional show. Well Done the team. Very Happy
latest report
SkiPresto wrote:
Ski Sunday: That's the standard. All good tonight. 40,000 roaring supporters at Schladming cheering an Austrian win and the Lindsay Vonn interview and stills photos came over very well. Very professional show. Well Done the team. Very Happy

I got bored after seeing the same photos for the 4th time!!!
snow conditions
I enjoyed this week's show. Hadn't heard about the straddling issue, which added an interesting dimension to the race.
ski holidays
Scruffy states "Vonn is the most successful female skier ever"

I think Annemarie Moser-Proll might have something to say about that! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob wrote:
Yep poor again - night slalom fine but no news, boring La Vonn interview, no apology for last week & no rebroadcast of Sarah Burke tribute.

+1
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
fatbob wrote:

+1

+ 2 Sad
snow report
FYI those of you not watching X-games 12 live on ESPN America - some great Sarah Burke stuff.

BBC - you may care to have a peak at what your rivals are up to.
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:
FYI those of you not watching X-games 12 live on ESPN America - some great Sarah Burke stuff.

BBC - you may care to have a peak at what your rivals are up to.

BBC Rivals?
I've just checked out the prices for Sky with ESPN in HD and it comes to £70 pcm. That to me is an annual 4* Ski holiday in Austria, or 3 weeks roughing it.
Plus, you have to sit down and watch it all to get money's worth.
Is that what you folks are paying, or am I missing something?
snow conditions
SkiPresto, depending if you already have Sky - and HD, and and and... - for whatever reason (ours is "Discovery" and all the bits that go with it, which you cannot get on any other platform ) then ESPN is a less extortionate £12 pm.I'm happy with that for the basketball, college football and X games coverage. I also turn it off for May-Sept, so it works out as a reasonable expense compared to say, couple bottles of plonk per month.

Pays yer money, takes yer choice.
ski holidays
SkiPresto, No, I'm on virgin with the mid TV package which gets you Eurosport, 10MB broadband ( being doubled soon foc) and free weekend calls for 46 quid. And with
about 6 hours of live skiing on Saturday to watch from series link that I just couldn't fit in....
snow report
Hi WayneC and Artic Roll
Virgin TV isn't available at all to me, and I don't already have Sky or Sky HD. I've got no intention of getting it either. I might go for the Eurosport over broadband, but you have to watch at broadcast time.
Thanks very much for your advice.
wink
snow report
I set up a recording for "Ski Sunday Extra" on channel 301 (Red Button). Supposed to start 20:00
There was no ski sunday extra. (almost inevitably).
Just some barely intelligible oik footballer millionaire being interviewed, bleating his totally irrelevant story (for a whole hour; don't worry, I ff'd it) into the screen and thence Electromagnetic transmission to the universe, thousands of BBC employees work, go home for tea, have mortgages, families, retirement packages and the world spins on, oblivious.
I watched "Birdsong" instead. Excellent. At least it has a happy ending. Not so sure if Ski Sunday will have one though.
snow report
I thought it was much better this week. Good race coverage (although I'd seen it on Eurosport, others had not), and oooh, controversial stuff too! Bellie actually said that he thought Marcel Hirsher cheated! Shocked

Nice interview with Lindsey Vonn. Yes, I know we've heard it all before but snowHeads are not, I'd guess, your typical viewer. It didn't do anything groundbreaking but what do people expect Puzzled
ski holidays
I think Graham prefers the black Nevica jacket - its the one he's had on most frequently.
snow report
dudes

Chemmy needs to learn
not to talk over her interviewees
much better this time

ok bye
snow conditions
I may be in a minority of 1, but I quite enjoyed the Kitzbuhel episode of SS. I had been there the week before and seen all the prep going on and it was great to see the race.
I had seen the DH on Eurosport and Sky + 'd Ski Sunday to watch later and I don't think anything was cut on there.
The show is on iPlayer so U can always catch up there.
Ed over in the USA - he won't have gone there for one piece, I am sure there will be plenty of articles by him on the US ski/board scene, so don't get yer knickers in a twist.
We follow very minority sports and are lucky to get any TV coverage. My lad is a keen hockey player, there are tons of hockey players and clubs in the UK - loads more than there are competitive skiers, how much hockey do you see on TV ? You could say the same about loads of sports which are played competitively week in week out and get no BBC coverage.
Be happy we get anything !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy