Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Alta is for skiers!

Weak sauce BBC with your whiney piece on how unfair it is. PC gone mad. No mention of the fact that boarders can ride 100yds down the road at Snowbird and at about 18 other resorts in Utah. No mention of Sarah Burke either.

& literally chopped mid piece at the end.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What happened there, not even an apology? They must have missed the last 5 mins of the show with that cut!

Crap show this week, just don't care that there is one resort in USA that is skiers only and I doubt many British viewers do either.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really poor of the Beeb to just 'cut' the show like that. The piece on the boarder who has recovered from horrific brain injuries was really interesting and I was hoping there would also be a piece on the tragic death of Sarah Burke. Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought the intro was one of the best, but what the F*** at the end, was a least expecting a section on Sarah Burke, and why feature some bull about Alta, as plectrum, says no interest to the British market at all. Points of View here I come Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Exactly flowa, how can you cover Kevin Pearce and make no mention of Sarah! I met Kevin's father last year and he couldn't put into words just how much hard work Kevin has put in to get where he is today - was really good to see him doing so well. The BBC should also be ashamed of themselves for cutting it off so badly!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It was bad - complain to the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor) they do so little skiing/boarding anyway and this dis look like a direct attempt to make up for the snooker over-run.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah was pretty badly done today. Enjoyed the downhilll, few hairy moments which had me hiding behind a cushion! My thoughts are on the edit was that they had been planning to lead on from the story about Kevin and his rehabilitation, to a tribute of Sarah Burke at the end judging by a lack of mention in the "news" and how abruptly the show ended. If that wasn't the case and they weren't going to cover it then shame on them.

Very old school views there on skiiers only in Utah.... They'll work out why park city are making more money than them one day when their demographic disappears due to retirement or hip replacements..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Poor episode.
Great shame.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shocking and very poor. Missed the first part where they introduce the race etc, i started watching when graham Bell was on his way down the course. That end part was complete b0ll0cks. Why did thye cut it off, surely they could edit it , if it needed to be shorter. The Alta part was hilarious, talk about creating a non story. How many USA ski resorts are there, and only 1 wont allow boarders, so what!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very poor to cut the show, especially as there was a Top Gear trailer between the snooker and Ski Sunday then another after the cut.

I also didn't see the point of the Alta bit, but felt sorry for the little kid who was turned away. There is one life-long customer Alta has lost.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's being repeated on the red button now. Be interesting to see if it's the full show.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have complained Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lets face it the beeb now does ski sunday through gritted teeth, get the impression it can't really be arzed with it. So when something as important as 'dancing with sticks and balls' runs over then its easy to chop ski sunday - what happened to the red button coverage?
the race coverage is now poor, I remember the proper job, mr klamer and all with david vine commentating, it all seemed so much more exciting
while i am at it the youth olympics coverage has been woeful too.
i suppose at least the beeb show something

Getting fed up with the lack of coverage - whats the best way sky or what?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have complained
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have complained.
snow conditions
Gadge, not on my red button - ive got 'asian network gold' - nice tune though Puzzled
snow conditions
Steve84 wrote:

I also didn't see the point of the Alta bit, but felt sorry for the little kid who was turned away. There is one life-long customer Alta has lost.

Not really just some dumb Michigan tourist for a dad who didn't know what is publicised in almost every piece of ski literature in Utah and i believe displayed prominently at the ticket windows.

It would have been more relevant to the audience if Ed Leigh had done an extended piece on the bizarre budgie smuggling rules employed by public swimming pools in Alpine resorts.
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
It would have been more relevant to the audience if Ed Leigh had done an extended piece on the bizarre budgie smuggling rules employed by public swimming pools in Alpine resorts.

Lolzzz Laughing That's why we never use the pool/sauna when we go away skiing...
latest report
Abruptly cutting the programme in mid-story just shows the low regard the BBC has for snowsports viewers. For the first time in my life I have sent in a complaint to the BBC! Shocked
snow report
I watched the downhill with intensity, and marvelled at Didier Cuche at the age of 37 in his final year of downhill ski racing, winning for the 5th time at Kitzbuhel.

I have never tried to kick my ski off, spin it and catch it on one hand. I am sure I will never do it, even if I try.

I hate getting on T bar lifts with snowboarders. I also do not like snowboarders who kick all the snow off narrow routes by slip sliding down them. I am not sure that I would go and ski in a resort which banned them, but I can see there being a business case for it (albeit a niche business)

I missed the end of Ski Sunday, so I have nothing to complain about here.

Laughing
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, first time for me too! really Skullie 'd off
latest report
Complete rubbish. Complain here clicky
snow report
sunnbuel wrote:
Gadge, not on my red button - ive got 'asian network gold' - nice tune though Puzzled

Spooky, I pressed the red button to watch the slalom. After that and the snow report thing, it cut back to showing a re-run of Ski Sunday. Couldn't fast forward it so don't know if it was the full episode.

Have complained as well.
latest report
Gadge, red button slalom just started working Very Happy
snow report
Dammit Evil or Very Mad I'd set it to record but clearly the snooker overran and as a result Ski Sunday didn't record.
ski holidays
Snooker rules the way on the beeb & eurosport also, we are in the "great outdoors minority!"
latest report
Here's the complaint I submitted to the BBC:

Quote:
Complaint Title Show cut short, no apology. No RIP to Sarah Burke!

Tonight's Ski Sunday was disappointing for may reasons:

Chiefly, because it was cut short at 6pm with no explanation or apology. A very sad indication to snowsports enthusiasts that the BBC doesn't respect them.

Also, because the piece on Alta being a 'skiers only' resort was biased. Ed made it clear in his complaint/report from Alta that there are three no-snowboarding allowed resorts in the world (actually they are all in the US) but singularly failed to mention that there is actually a no-skiing allowed 'boarders only' resort in the US too! I don't understand his complaining about Alta, UT if he isn't also going to complain about Green Valley, CA. Really though, if we are to bring skiers and boarders together better then why don't you make a start by renaming 'Ski Sunday' to 'SnowSports Sunday'?

Most significantly and damnably, however, the programme was cut short during a piece celebrating the amazing recovery of Kevin Pearce from devastating brain injuries a couple of years ago. This week snowsports lost one of its founding and most celebrated freestyle sportswomen, Sarah Burke, who died from brain injuries sustained in practice in Park City a week and a half ago. It was my expectation that the piece about Kevin would be followed by a poignant and respectful farewell to Sarah ....

.... instead the programme was cut short and the moment lost forever.

Disgraceful!

Did I miss anything? Too late now rolling eyes
snow report
Ski Sunday should be about skiing. Make it all kinds of Alpine skiing Slope, Park, Pipe, Bumps, Ski-Cross, Slalom, Giant and Downhill for men and women.
If they must show other sliding sports, why don't we see top competition: Not show chalet staff as somehow equivalent to Olympic athletes.
Leigh just shows snowboarders as being Blaguers like himself. That's not true, I know a lot of 'boarders with top skills.
Too many shots out of aeroplane and car windows. Too many talking heads.
BBC:
How can they make Graham's fore-run appear so ordinary?
If we saw Bell's whole run (Did we?)...
The racers were doing it in 1:13.28 (Winner Cuche)
Bell's screen-time on my stopwatch was ~1:20 in a full jacket holding a camera.
That's outstandingly good skiing. (Currently, I believe we saw the whole run).
I wish they'd stop apologising for skiing on that programme. These guys are skiing gates, travelling at 80mph in poor visibility wearing nothing but a catsuit and what terrified me was the soft snow.
I will put money on it that someday soon they'll propose changing the "Ski Sunday" brand title to include snowboard.
I can't see any other reason for sending Leigh all the way to Alta to whinge about "discrimination".
Ski Sunday? Desperate pro-snowboard propaganda Sunday.
Skiing is for the older generation and snowboarding is young and cool? What a cliche!

I'd like them to get some perspective on the course. Most ordinary skiers will be going 10 to 20 mph and will take 12 minutes to ski the same course and be tired afterwards.
Let the resort, the excitement, the equipment, the superstar racers the high speed speak for itself.
Then, there's the steepness and iciness. Let's see Ed Leigh butt-surfin' the Hausberg at 50mph!
There were many good points this week - especially "This is our Monaco/Wimbledon". The interview with Klammer was great.
The Theme tune is timeless and brilliant still.
The opening all-mountain bit: Is it edited to show that they actually stopped at the top of that cliff, and then got filmed jumping off something easy?
The BBC cut this programme to pieces. My timer was programmed to record it, but it cut off just before Cuche's run. They'd delayed the start because of an overrunning programme. BBC then crashed the end of the SS programme. Then, we were asked to hit the red button. Ski Sunday was captioned but no content appeared.

Drop Ed Leigh and spend the money sponsoring a Brit to enter the competitions.

wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiPresto wrote:
Ski Sunday should be about skiing. Make it all kinds of Alpine skiing Slope, Park, Pipe, Bumps, Ski-Cross, Slalom, Giant and Downhill for men and women.
If they must show other sliding sports, why don't we see top competition: Not show chalet staff as somehow equivalent to Olympic athletes.
Leigh just shows snowboarders as being Blaguers like himself. That's not true, I know a lot of 'boarders with top skills.
Too many shots out of aeroplane and car windows. Too many talking heads.
BBC:
How can they make Graham's fore-run appear so ordinary?
If we saw Bell's whole run (Did we?)...
The racers were doing it in 1:13.28 (Winner Cuche)
Bell's screen-time on my stopwatch was ~1:20 in a full jacket holding a camera.
That's outstandingly good skiing. (Currently, I believe we saw the whole run).
I wish they'd stop apologising for skiing on that programme. These guys are skiing gates, travelling at 80mph in poor visibility wearing nothing but a catsuit and what terrified me was the soft snow.
I will put money on it that someday soon they'll propose changing the "Ski Sunday" brand title to include snowboard.
I can't see any other reason for sending Leigh all the way to Alta to whinge about "discrimination".
Ski Sunday? Desperate pro-snowboard propaganda Sunday.
Skiing is for the older generation and snowboarding is young and cool? What a cliche!

I'd like them to get some perspective on the course. Most ordinary skiers will be going 10 to 20 mph and will take 12 minutes to ski the same course and be tired afterwards.
Let the resort, the excitement, the equipment, the superstar racers the high speed speak for itself.
Then, there's the steepness and iciness. Let's see Ed Leigh butt-surfin' the Hausberg at 50mph!
There were many good points this week - especially "This is our Monaco/Wimbledon". The interview with Klammer was great.
The Theme tune is timeless and brilliant still.
The opening all-mountain bit: Is it edited to show that they actually stopped at the top of that cliff, and then got filmed jumping off something easy?
The BBC cut this programme to pieces. My timer was programmed to record it, but it cut off just before Cuche's run. They'd delayed the start because of an overrunning programme. BBC then crashed the end of the SS programme. Then, we were asked to hit the red button. Ski Sunday was captioned but no content appeared.

Drop Ed Leigh and spend the money sponsoring a Brit to enter the competitions.

wink
I really don't think we saw every second of the run!

They made Alta look pretty dull in comparison to the other resort featured.
ski holidays
I Complained too. Thanks for the link @Elston
ski holidays
Quote:

I really don't think we saw every second of the run!

I don't see the point if we're not seeing the whole fore-run.
I know they cut a good 30 or 40 seconds viewing time off the competitor's runs, but that's because there's more than one on course simultaneously.
Can anyone confirm this about the Bell course run: Are we seeing the whole run? Does he stop, or is it just a complete run edited highlights? How fast is he actually going with respect to the competitors?
snow report
SkiPresto, he is on GS skis for those runs, not DH boards and no way is he anywhere near the times of the atheletes but pretty cool to forerun with a camera as he does. He does do the whole course typically the lack of cat suit would cost him a couple seconds easy.
ski holidays
SkiPresto, well if he was only 7 seconds off the pace with baggy clothing,camcorder and not wearing regulation undies I'm guessing, then he should come out of retirement!
snow report
Actually this gets worse and worse. It's so bad it must be deliberate to justify cutting it forever?

As for todays show they could have saved a fortune on sending the two of them to Kitzbuhel and just slotted this years highlights into last years presentation and cut out Bells commentary after every run where he just states the bleeding obvious.

I am furious that we, the licence payers, actually paid for the Snowboardist to travel to Utah to have a moan about big bad Alta. Get over it, your sports dying on its ar-se anyway! wink

Apart from the Kaiser and Kevin this was a waste of electricity.
snow report
bunch of back bottom... I will be stopping my subs to that channel.... oh wait a minute I can't if i want to have a TV... grrrr...I'll write to my MP
snow conditions
SkiPresto, I'm not a particularly fast recreational skier but I've been down the Lauberhorn race course several times over the years, on a good day even I can manage nearly 100kph through the hannegschuss a bit faster than the 10 to 20 mph you suggest, mind you the racers go through at 160kph or more, when I was a lot younger, much fitter and probably a lot less frightened of skiing to my limit I think my ski school class did it in about 6-7 minutes which is about 1/3rd the speed of a racer
snow report
Like the others, cos of the bastarding snooker my UPC box didn't record it and the BBC iPlayer doesn't work in Ireland, Anyone know of a torrent that I can download it from?
latest report
Complaint registered!
snow report
Forget concentrating on just racing,not enough people interested full stop.
I think Ski sunday has to be linked with snowboarding and other mountain features to get enough interest.
BBC should be ashamed of cutting off an article like that,they should apologise.
I have put complaint in, thanks for the link !
If only it would make a difference...........
snow conditions
Whereas I prefer the racing coverage. I normally switch off when they start waffling on about other stuff. Each to their own eh? My guess it was cut short because the snooker over-ran.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy