Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Phoenix Holidays / Merebeech / Take Me Too / Take Me To (Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Lizzard, oh man tell me about it.

I got caught up in the whole sk bum thing so I havent seeked advice yet, but the way they sprung this on us with such short notice has caught me off gaurd. Is the marie the best place to go to speak to someone?

Thanks very much for the offer no doubt I will be in touch soon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skola, I'd start with the Mairie and the Pôle Emploi, which has a seasonal office in the Bergers centre (I think). If not, there's an office in Bourg d'Oisans, in the same building as the tax office.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just received this by email from Take me Too:

Announcement from Phoenix Holidays Limited (In Administration) and Merebeech Limited (In Administration)

Phoenix Holidays Limited, went into Administration on Friday, 13th January 2012 due to severe operating difficulties in its French business.

Following on from the Administration of Phoenix Holidays Limited, and linked to the operating difficulties in France, its sister company Merebeech Limited (trading as Take Me To(ski)) has been severely affected. Merebeech Limited has now also ceased trading, and was placed into Administration on Tuesday, 24th January 2012.

Both companies have arrangements in place to protect customer deposits in accordance with The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations. This is either under ATOL 10136 with the Civil Aviation Authority, or trust accounts set up specifically for this purpose.

The advice from the CAA for customers covered by ATOL No 10136 is as follows:

a) Customers who booked air inclusive arrangements with Merebeech Ltd and paid entirely by credit card should contact their credit card issuer to claim a refund.
b) Customers who booked air inclusive arrangements with Merebeech Ltd and paid part by credit card and part by other means should contact their credit card issuer to claim a refund for the credit card portion and visit the ATOL website (www.atol.org.uk) for advice on how to claim a refund of the remainder.
c) Customers who booked air inclusive arrangements with Merebeech Ltd and did not pay using a credit card should visit the ATOL website (www.atol.org.uk) for advice on how to claim.

Customers who have booked a package holiday that does not include a flight will receive a Refund Application form, but, in the first instance, should contact their credit/debit card company or travel insurer about a refund.

Customers who have not booked package holidays are not covered by these regulations. We recommend these customers to contact their credit card or debit card company, or their insurers, to claim repayment.

Any individuals who have neither the protection of the package holiday regulations nor have paid by credit/debit card nor are covered by insurance are requested to complete a Refund Application form, and return it to:

Take Me Too (Refund Application),
Kestrel Court,
Waterwells Drive,
Quedgeley,
GL2 2AT

A discretionary compensation fund has been made available by one of the shareholders for such customers for the purpose of ensuring that such customers do not lose their deposits.

The normal telephone lines of Merebeech Limited (08444-­‐129444) or Phoenix Holidays Limited (08444-­‐129900) are being manned Monday-­‐Friday 9.30am to 5pm in order to assist customers with enquiries.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 3-07-12 12:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skola wrote:
we are supposed to move out of the apartments tomorrow morning. any idea if legally we have to move?

Absolutely no relevance to your question, but if this were the UK then as an employee you would be normally occupying the place under licence rather than a tenancy agreement. Under such circumstances you would expect to have little if any right to remain when asked to leave.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For those who are interested :-
http://www.takemetoski.co.uk/

BE WARNED.... A company called ALPINE 1550 SKI have done a ''Travelscope/Phoenix'' deal.
Allegedly, ex management of Take Me To (namedly their ''brand manager'' Chris Wadley) have acquired client lists etc
and are intent on carrying on using the same properties for unsuspecting holiday makers.

26 Jan 2012
New Company Document Available
Form: 2.12B -
NOTICE OF ADMINISTRATOR'S APPOINTMENT:LIQ. CASE NO.1:IP NO.00009470

New Company Document Available
Form: AD01 - Change of situation or address of registered office
REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 24/01/2012 FROM
KESTRAL COURT WATERWELLS DRIVE
WATERWELLS BUSINESS PARK, QUEDGELEY
GLOUCESTER
GL2 2AT
ENGLAND

Chris Wadley
Alpine 1550 Ski
Gloucester, United Kingdom Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Current
Director at Alpine 1550 Ski
Past
Brand Manager at Take Me Too
Product Manager at Phoenix Holidays
Business Development Executive at PHS Group Ltd
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lol so the word i was given was correct.

these guys are something else
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tryingtohelp, you are so right. I had a holiday booked at the Grande Rousses for half term with TMTS. Today I received the following email from Alpine 1550 Ski .....

Surely they can't do this again!

Hi,

We were sad to learn that your ski holiday with Take Me ToSki is no longer operating. We know this because we have just completed a deal with the Administrator handling the accounts of Take Me To Ski which allows us to approach you and offer you the opportunity to still enjoy a ski holiday this season.

Alpine 1550 Ski are now solely operating the chalets in Tignes previously run by Take Me To Ski and we would like to offer you the option of having your ski holiday as originally planned. You may have already booked flights, transfers and annual leave, and be on the hunt for new accommodation, in which case this may be the perfect solution for you.

The chalets will be operated on a catered basis, and arelocated a few metres from the nearest lift. You will be able to take advantage of the spacious living areas and there is even a sauna and an outdoor hot tub for you to use after a long day on the slopes!

What’s more, for previous Take Me To Ski customers who have sadly had their holidays cancelled, we are offering a delayed payment scheme as we understand that sometimes you may have to wait a little while before you receive your refund on your previous holiday.

If you would like more information about the chalets, please follow this link:

www.alpine1550ski.co.uk

Or to contact the team directly, please call or email using the contact details below and we will be more than happy to help with any enquiries.

We look forward to hearing from you,

The Alpine 1550 Ski Team
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stratos wrote:
.Surely they can't do this again!

Wanna bet Shocked I used to do work closely related to the construction industry.We had multiple examples of companies going into admin etc...and then re-surfacing almost immediately under a different guise,and carrying on as before.I personally know a guy whose company crashed,to the tune of over 2 million,who is bankrupt etc,and is trading as we speak.Do you think he cares about the fallout Laughing There will be plenty on this forum who have come into contact with rogues such as this.
There is supposed to be legislation to guard against this sort of thing.......but if you are cute enough,have the balls and the right advice,you can get away with almost anything?
What people need to realise is that,unlike you and me,these people simply don't care,and would happily rip off their own family without a second thought.
To go into admin despite your best efforts is one thing,but this lot 'appear' to be well practised operators?

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone caught up in this,but the truth is that companies fall all the time,and there is very little you can do to protect yourself Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow that is so messed up.

These people were offered holidays and found out at very short notice they are no longer available. Its also peak season so now people know its too late to find anything else. With this knowledge contact these people and offer them another probably more expensive holiday.

This has been a very eye opening season. All of this in 2 months...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skola, if you're stayingl in ADH and doing the skibum thing, alpedhueznet.com is still looking for a snow/apres reporter. They take three snow reports and one apres report per week, plus five pix with each. They'll also pay for news reports, what's on listings and snow alerts. You need a camera plus access to wordprocessing and picture editing software and a net connection. It won't pay enough to live on, but it will easily feed you and keep you in a certain amount of beer.

Examples of the sort of thing they like here:
http://www.2alpesnet.com/reports/snow.html (snow reports)
http://www.2alpesnet.com/reports/apres-ski.html (apres reports)

Pm me if you're interested and I'll give you a contact.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That sounds like a great season job! How can they be "still looking?" I don't get how it could be hard to fill!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The sad thing is some suckers will be taken in by Alpine 1550 and eventually the same thing will happen agains.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobmcstuff, nor me. Plenty of pocket money for a bum and much better than transfer repping. It entirely funded my ski/board habit last year, and bought me most of a MacBook as well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, wow I saw that on the website before the start of the season but had no idea they would pay for it. Yeah Im still here we found an apartment for a week and a potential (small) place for the rest of the season! Im definately interested in that position so please let me know who to speak to. Thanks.
snow report
Skola, sent you a pm.
snow conditions
Wow, interesting thread....I had booked with Take Me To Ski, as a party, had not realised all of this. Cant really comment on much as I don't know enough of the facts. I'll do some research and come back later.

Hope you all get or got back home......if thats what you wanted.
snow report
Cool

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 3-07-12 12:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Alpine1550's website looks very dodgy. There is a registered address but that doesn't mean it's the actual office address and the telephone number is non-geographic. No mention on the website of terms and conditions or anything official.
snow report
I stumbled accross this thread when I found out about Take Me To Ski going bust and now I have booked my new holiday thought I would ass something. I had booked with Take Me To Ski, and was so disappointed, angry and upset when our holiday could no longer go ahead because of the mess with TMTS.
I made several angry phonecalls to the office, where there are volunteer workers who were there to monitor calls on behalf of the administrators (if they were not there I doubt TMTS customers would have even known!). Once I had calmed down I did realise that there were employees of this company that had lost their jobs very suddenly and I do have sympathy for them, I had lost a holiday, not my job. I am sure that not all employees knew about what was going to happen, the directors surely would have had an inkling, but the rest of the team would have been leftin the dark until the last minute, as well as all the staff in France who have also been greatly let down.

Like all other TMTS customers, I was contacted by Alpine 1550 Ski, which I have to say I was very sceptical of, and who I can see some others on here are too! I called them to see what the deal was, and they were very honest with me, it is a couple of ex-employees of TMTS who were made redundant. They are trying to offer something to disappointed customers, they set up on their own and took over the lease of the two Chalets in Tignes. They offered me a delayed payment scheme so that I have time to get some money together to pay until my refund comes through. I have given them a chance, I am a trusting person and I genuinely feel that they will deliver, yes they have just set up on their own so of course they may come accross online as 'dodgy' but at this late stage I have been willing to give them a chance and they have not disappointed me with thier service thus far.

I hope all staff in France have managed to get new jobs or have made it back home safe and I also hope that those who have had holidays cancelled have found alternatives and are getting their money back...eventually. Don't be hasty in dismissing Alpine 1550, they are only offering accommodation, established Chalets with a manager who has been there for a long time now, I have even been given his phone number to call if I have any concerns, not a Hotel that clearly had no hope from the start.
snow report
jskic24, Call me pessimistic but would you like to declare your connection with Alpine 1550?
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, LOL Laughing

jskic24, I hope it works out for you but in your situation I wouldnt be so trusting. There are many other companies that you can book with that have much less questionable pasts...
snow conditions
Skola, might be worth contacting the FO (Force Ouvrier) syndicat (union) - just a thought as they are certainly fighting for the rights of "seasonnaires" in France.
snow report
Hmmm Interesting first post wink
snow report
Boredsurfing, none what-so-ever, other than being contacted and offered a holiday I would otherwise have lost out on.
I understand your pessimism, but in the interest of fairness I just thought it quite apt to comment. I see there was no such judgement passed on previous contributors to this thread whose 1st posts consisted of tirades about takeme2ski.

Skola, that's a fair point, although they are only selling the accommodation, I got a good deal, and I paid on my credit card so I know i'm covered. I'll let you know how it went on my return.
ski holidays
jskic24, I am still suspicious of them as a company. Ther are acting in a shifty manner:

The website lists its registered address only and that is in Leeds. However, I understand that the actual office is somewhere in Glocs (close to the TMTS offices). It doesn't sit comfortably with me that they do not disclose their physical address and demonstartes them putting distance from teh TMTS project..

The telephone number is also non-geographic. Very non-commital

There are no terms and conditions on the website. No mention of deposite amounts, balance due dates, complaints etc.

No mention of who runs the company (an about us section). There are no names or history of the owners.

I am not stating that they are also going to do a moonlight flit but they are obviously hiding something in that they run two chalets and are failing to give any sort of a personal experience - I know of no other company that would do this as this is the USP used by every small chalet owner or hotelier. "Look, here I am this is what I do well, this is what I have done..etc"

I have been informed (rightly or wrongly) that senior mangement of TMTS/Meerbech are involved in this set up (with one of them actually being responsible for the purchase of Alpine Tracks to create TMTS) purchasing and until the Alpine 1550 give more details then I am quite sure that these people have something to hide. Their anonymity is strikingly obvious to me.
snow conditions
Quick check on companies House reveals that this company has been in existence sine May last year under the name TNP No29 (The Needle Partnership). It looks like that was a company doing nothing and just parked for circumstances such as this, maybe. The company changed it's name Alpine1550 on 11 Jan - just days before the collapse of Phoenix and 20 days before TMTS folded. Given that the two chalets are in Tignes Les Brevieres at 1550m it wouldn't take a genius to work out that they changed their company name to reflect the new company before the fall of TMTS and Phoenix and so were perfecty aware the chalets would be entering in their hands. On 12th Jan TMTS were advertising 20% for the tIgnes chalets if booked in the next three days even though they knew they were going bust and their mangement were already setting up a new company to run the chalets. http://twitter.com/takemetoski

The Need partnership refers to Christopher Wadley and Sharon Needle. The set up in Leeds is funnily enough the same area where Phoenix Holidays had various offices before they bought Alpine Trax and the Alpine Trax name to TMTS.
snow report
i am in a way proud to be part of this rediculous story Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apparently the Hotel Grande Rousses is re-opening in the coming month according to the Dauphine Libere. http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-sud/2012/02/09/l-hotel-des-grandes-rousses-rouvre-demain
latest report
Hi
I work in Tignes and I am trying to find out the name of the person who OWNS Chalet Blue Tree and Alpine 1550. I was wondering if anyone can help me?
Thanks
latest report
Ellieroo, the Mairie's office may be able to help. Only details here are the people who have taken over the lease from TMTS... see tryingtohelp's post further up this page.
snow report
marksavoie wrote:
Apparently the Hotel Grande Rousses is re-opening in the coming month according to the Dauphine Libere. http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-sud/2012/02/09/l-hotel-des-grandes-rousses-rouvre-demain

Yep the hotel has reopened under management of the owner Patricia. There has been some refurbishment and its operating on a bed and breakfast basis, Im told things are running smoothly. I think we have a snowhead who is staying there this week who hopefully can give us a positive report sometime soon.

WEATHER:

Light snow all day, about an inch or so of much needed snow. Its not forecast to continue but heres hoping it does. We need another big dump.
ski holidays
Skola, But what are you doing? Are you still living/working there?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, yeah got some part time work in a restaurant and cheap accom via a friend of a friend.

living on a budget

with plenty of time to ski snowHead
snow report
Skola, Good! Thought you might have had to come home Toofy Grin
ski holidays
We have just returned from a week at the Hotel Grande Rousses (Sunday 19th). We were originally booked with TMTS but you all know what happened there!

I can report that we did have a good time and all hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and tidy and our kids also enjoyed the swimming pool and jacuzzi. We ate in there a couple of nights and the food was good and well presented. I would definately go there again.

I would like to thank Skola for all the help as it was most useful having a contact in the resort when everything was falling apart with our booking(s). The week did go by very quickly but luckily I am now off to the italian milky way this sunday for another week for what now looks like a summer holiday!
latest report
stratos, I was wondering how you got on. Im really glad to hear you and the family had a good holiday after all the booking fiasco.

I can also confirm that the hotel is now under control of Patricia the owner and things seem to be running a lot smoother.
latest report
jskic24 wrote:
Don't be hasty in dismissing Alpine 1550, they are only offering accommodation, established Chalets with a manager who has been there for a long time now, I have even been given his phone number to call if I have any concerns, not a Hotel that clearly had no hope from the start.

The chalets are good.... but if this is the same manager that was in place under TMTS then do not expect anything to be sorted - he was unprofessional, arogant and essentially useless. If you want to PM me his name / number I can check whether it's the same guy. Forearmed is forewarned....
snow conditions
LOL

does his name start with B?
ski holidays
Skola wrote:
LOL

does his name start with B?
It does indeed wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy