Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reverse Camber Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,
Looking to get hold of some reverse camber skis... want them for a bit of backcountry, park and powder. Anyone got any suggestions as to a decent ski to be looking out for, either new or second hand??
I'd grade myself as advanced intermediate, just want to do a bit more jibbing about and fancy the reverse camber.
Any suggestions would be decent!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aah, now do you mean reverse camber or rocker? Our Redeemer http://www.whitedotfreeride.com/skis2.php for example is not reverse camber...its flat camber underfoot with twin rocker, as is the Director. You also have positive camber underfoot with twin rocker, such as the Armada JJ, Rossi S7, etc. Whats your weight and ability, what terrain do you want to ski and ski allready, how much experience do you have and what are you planning, all might help peeps to chuck a few recomendations out there!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for the_doc

joe1890, where are you planning on skiing that you think would benefit from reverse camber skis?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
does skishack on ebay still exist?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
could be getting a little confused with my terminology Embarassed - I'm after something with a bit of a sidecut, waist of about 100mm - love skiing switch as well.

I've been skiing a few years, and whilst I'd say I'm a good intermidiate, my actual knowledge is pretty poor! and want a ski that'll do deep powder a bit better than my current (relatively elderly) salomon lords.. May be asking slightly too much but also want to have something that can double up for a bit of park.

Ski mainly piste, but have found the waist on the lords a bit thin when i venture off into some deeper pow off the beaten track. Planning a season in Canada within the next couple of years, so want to get something that can cope with some pretty deep stuff, and still be fun to jib around on.
I vary between 83-87kg, and 5 10".
Any help??!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
how about...
k2 kung fulas or k2 recoil both have rocker, both good all over the hill think you can also get them both with a schizo binding which makes them a bit more versatile - got recoils myself as i've already got some fatter skis for full on powder days, got them to replace my old public enemys.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeah, had a look, specially tthe kung fulas... anyone got any thoughts about Armada TSTs?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Line Blends?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Line Blends? Moment PB&J?

TSTs look fairly directional (ie, prefer to go forwards).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you do a season in Canada I'd suggest you'd have a quiver of at least 2 pairs of skis. Modern rocker skis do lots of stuff well but it helps if you can broadly ski a bit first or know how to recognise how you need to apply (slightly) different technique to different skis to get the best from them. I'd suggest something like the Rossi S3 seems to be pretty universally well liked as an intro to Rocker skis or if you want a SHs supporter - Whitedot's Director ticks a lot of boxes for something a bit more toward a powder ski.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
not tried tst's but tried some Alpha 1's last season, took a bit of getting used to but great after an hour or so - just wanted something to let me hoooon around on piste a bit more, recoils def fit the bill for me on that front
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've done a morning on a mates that were the shape I was after.. Can't remember for the life of me what they were though - but remember struggling at first but after about an hour it was class, much easier to jib and float than my lords. Definitely skiid much different that what I was used to, but reckon with practice I'll get going on em!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
my friend reckons Atomic Bentchetlers are the best ski of the last 5 yrs, not sure if i'd go that far but I enjoyed them when i tried his.... or am i just confusing the issue now lol
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
haha maybe slightly, but the more the better! Just remembered the mates skis were moments, but no idea what the model is..
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
joe1890 wrote:
haha maybe slightly, but the more the better! Just remembered the mates skis were moments, but no idea what the model is..

Don't know which your mates were, but as I said above, the PB&J sounds like it'd tick your boxes...
latest report
joe1890 wrote:
could be getting a little confused with my terminology Embarassed - I'm after something with a bit of a sidecut, waist of about 100mm - love skiing switch as well.

I've been skiing a few years, and whilst I'd say I'm a good intermidiate, my actual knowledge is pretty poor! and want a ski that'll do deep powder a bit better than my current (relatively elderly) salomon lords.. May be asking slightly too much but also want to have something that can double up for a bit of park.

Ski mainly piste, but have found the waist on the lords a bit thin when i venture off into some deeper pow off the beaten track. Planning a season in Canada within the next couple of years, so want to get something that can cope with some pretty deep stuff, and still be fun to jib around on.
I vary between 83-87kg, and 5 10".
Any help??!

I'm about similar size and ski quite a bit in Canada; if it helps I mostly ski on my Whitedot Redeemers now unless I'm skiing with littleh or it is very hard and icy (in which case I use my skinny Preachers). They are incredibly versatile, however they are probably not intermediate skis and they are probably also not really jibber skis (though I'm not really into that so haven't tried!). Depending where you go in Canada may well affect your decision, the really good thing about the Redeemers is that they deal very well with the heavier snow we have here for which both the rocker and size helps considerably, they also are nimble enough to get through the trees which we also have a lot of. Further into the interior and Alberta things are a little colder and drier so this may be less of a requirement, I skied more or less bottomless pow on my Mantras there no problem at all.
latest report
Line make some good skis in the sort of category it sounds like you want eg. Line Blend, Prophet, Sir Francis Bacon. All can be used as a single quiver ski (especially in Western Canada) with the Blends being a bit more Park oriented, Prophets more all mountain and Sir Francis Bacon more powder oriented. All are twin tips with a decent sidecut and camber underfoot with varying degrees of tip/tail rocker.
snow report
Quote:

probably also not really jibber skis

Red's are very versatile, love them for jibbing!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy