Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with twin tips

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry for starting what must be another what are the bets twin tips thread.... but need some suggestions

Looking for a twin tip with width of around 85mm, easy for turns, not a really a park ski but something thats great for bombing around the piste/ beginning to hit the pow.

Have been looking at the K2 Sights, Saloman 2012s and Knights, Line Prophet 90/90 Light. Anything else I should look at, any one got any advice?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitedot One....but then I'm biased! Check out Icelantic and Liberty's range aswell, solid skis, nice flex (as much as I can recomend with such little skiier profile info wink )...allways been a fan of Dynastars twins aswell.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
who stocks all these skis? Brigham and Snow and Rock have 'lots' of skis, but in any one catagory the choice is quite poor Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm an intermidiate skier, looking to buy my first set of skis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
K2 Extreme (used to be called K2 PE) are a nice ski.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Blue_Owl wrote:
who stocks all these skis? Brigham and Snow and Rock have 'lots' of skis, but in any one catagory the choice is quite poor Toofy Grin

Chck out the manufacturers websites, should give you a stockist list, personally I can only help on the WD front!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vested Interest warning!

2012 are an epic ski great all mountain and have never let me down

K2 Public Enemys or what ever is replacing them these days!!!

Atomic Punk is pretty decent

For all mountain I would stay away from Line they tend to be very park cetric with their twin tips.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nobody can recommend anything without your weight and ability(in more depth)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

For all mountain I would stay away from Line they tend to be very park cetric with their twin tips.

Err... the Prophets??!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Really love my whitedot ones but there not the widest for and powder

There are however great for bombing around on piste Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Of the skis you mention Prophets are the only real All Mtn ski there - 2012s ski waaay short and are chattery as bu88ary at speed on hardpack, Knights are super light and forgiving but consequently a bit all over the place on anything adverse (but then I've never been much of a fan of the feel of Salomon skis anyway), and Sights are a park ski that you can ski all mtn but don't expect anywhere near the edge grip/solidity you'd get from a P90.

I know you said c85mm waist but if you don't fancy the Prophets and already have a 'piste ski' I'd take the jump to a 95mm Mantra or MSP personally.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have Line 100s. If the 90 is anywhere near the build of the 100, its going to be a sturdy ski.

The 100s are great for the pow, but they hold a line on the piste extremely well too, I should imagine the 90s would excel at this.

They do chatter at speed though and on long straights when you have some uphill coming...you need alot of strength to maintain your speed.

the quality of Line skis is by far the best "all mountain" i have come across under £500
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blue_Owl, My old prophet 90's were excellent all mountain ski, with very very tough bases, only got rid as wanted someting a bit softer for off piste, the older 90 (camber version not the new rocker one) was a little stiff for powder and dived a little. But everywhere else was excellent and very poppy and quick edge to edge for a 90mm wide ski. Replaced with fischer misfits which is also a twin, better off piste (much softer tip) which is what i wanted, but slower edge to edge and no where as good on piste, (they flap a bit!) but i have other skis for that.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My son rented 2012's over Xmas and New Year and loved them both on piste (though one could hardly have called it 'hard' conditions), off piste and in the bumps and jumps. Not really a park animal though I suspect that whoever said they ski short is right, as he's only just 14 and around 5'3" and was very very comfortable on 171cm.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

they ski short is right

Should do as they are fairly rockered!

Quote:

Quote:

Err... the Prophets??!

Apologies was thinking more along the lines of hte afterbang an incredible park ski but would not want to ski home on it Skullie
ski holidays
Scott Punisher's would be worth a look at. About 86mm underfoot so would fit your range and they are nice and soft to use on powder. Quite happy to carve up the piste too - nice short radius of 14m at 172cm.

An all-rounder worthy of the name.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy