Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
kitenski wrote:
Does anyone know if they having any 'interesting' segments in it, or is it all racing?

Depends what you find interesting but the've just had Chemmy and Julia Mancuso rolling round in the snow in their bikinis.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Depends what you find interesting but the've just had Chemmy and Julia Mancuso rolling round in the snow in their bikinis.

And if the BBC did screen savers Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent snow in Adelboden! We'll be there next weekend, Yippee!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
the theme music alone makes me go dewy eyed...

I remember back in the mid 90's taking off in a plane from Bristol sitting at the end of the runway with the throttle nailed and the brakes on, then pip, pip, pip, peep on the long beep the brakes came off, and we roared off down the runway to the theme tune, all perfectly timed. Everyone on board cheered and roared. Best take off ever snowHead .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jenny Jones came across really well and manages to excel in sport (most succesful Brit in winter sports or something...) without rolling in the snow in her bikini for the beeb reminiscing about who she used to snog.... tragic.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, Get over it! Thousands enjoyed it
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MJS, I think it's a shame she chose to strip off for it, she is undoubtedly a gorgeous looking girl but why do it? Her interview/ girly chat was dull as Be Nice please! - what was the point of it?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee wrote:
- what was the point of it?
Maybe that's what the programme makers wanted? Perhaps she didn't have much choice in the matter?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't subscribe to any Sky channels but get British Eurosport on my basic cable subscription with Virgin (blueyonder). Not sure what proportion of the skiing we get on British Eurosport.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, Come off it, we've got threads on her admiring her feisty spirit (me included). Whilst I agree she probably had little choice about her interview topic, it was an awful piece of journalism/ entertainment. Why couldn't she do something less "fluffy"? Why not do something more like Ed and Graham?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski wrote:
Some great skiing but sorry the best bit was Julia and Chemmy in the snow by the pool Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

and that wasn't staged at all... rolling eyes rolling eyes

between that and the Jenny Jones back story I felt that we'd been catapulted back to the 70s!

What the F*[expletive deleted] does it take to be taken seriously?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JustJill wrote:

A beard.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A great combination of hard-core Super-G and bikini-clad hotties rolling around together in the snow.

I shall renew my license fee assured that my money is being well spent.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, I'm not disagreeing with you, just don't think she will have much say in the kind of piece that the Ski Sunday producers want from her. I might be wrong (I've never made a TV programme), but I'd be surprised if Chemmy, or anyone guest for that matter, had much influence in what way their bit was put together.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't have a beard by the way.
snow conditions
I saw the Chemmy bit, but the rest is finally on my recorder to view later when I have more time - actually remembered to do it this year. Chemmy was lovely, she really is that nice in real life as is her BF Dougie Crawford. We have met both a couple of times, it seems more than just practised PR she seems a genuinely lovely lady and we look forwards to the next chance to chat to her.

Is it only me or do folks find themselves leaning in their seats as the racers go around the ski gates?
snow report
Higs wrote:
JustJill wrote:

A beard.

hmm...

does anyone WITH a beard get taken seriously, even blokes struggle with that one?

Nadenoodle At least Jenny didn't concede to suggestions (demends?) to do the "girly" thing, but I did think they went for the sympathy angle a bit more than they would have done with one of the guys.

On the one hand I feel I should stick with "the sisters" and applaud both of them.
On the other WTF!!!!!
ski holidays
The BBC iPlayer 'available soon after" means when exactly, how long is a BBC 'soon' Skullie
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Nadenoodlee, I'm not disagreeing with you, just don't think she will have much say in the kind of piece that the Ski Sunday producers want from her. I might be wrong (I've never made a TV programme), but I'd be surprised if Chemmy, or anyone guest for that matter, had much influence in what way their bit was put together.

Unless I really don't understand the Beeb no one was made to wear a bikini and roll in the snow. She had a choice. She made it.
ski holidays
JustJill wrote:

does anyone WITH a beard get taken seriously, even blokes struggle with that one?

My mate James....
http://youtube.com/v/XdSjrJSKG5M
snow report
JustJill, if the choice was "this is the plan, you happy to do it?" maybe she decided that TV coverage was very important for a minority sportswoman? If that was the case I think she made the right choice, even if the idea was excessively fluffy.
snow report
The article on the red button after the slalom about Chemmy Alcott getting her new boot fitted was excellent. Wow her right leg was mangled. Its incredible that she has so much much will to ski competetively again.

must agree with livetoski, that the pool section was the best action
snow conditions
rob@rar, I considered that. I really did. I then thought about whether they would have asked a halfway decent looking bloke to do exactly the same thing. I reckon that that would be extremely unlikely. Although recent series of the various "celebrity/reality" series do make me wonder.
ski holidays
I think the interview with Mancuso is a way taking her first tentative steps in a post ski racing career. Girls gotta start somewhere
snow report
Pretty girls often like to show off (thank God).

Remember we are all animals
snow report
rob@rar, I think you're over estimating the power of tv in this day and age. Julia M was also rolling around alongside Clemmy, are you telling me that someone as independent as her will get bullied into taking her kit off? It was a bit of fun, let not get all guardian musli chomping about it.
snow conditions
rob@rar, and that is the way to be taken seriously as a sportswoman? given the current interest in her Dancing on Ice vs getting back skiing do you think that was the right thing to do?

I'm pretty sure she could have said - bog off.

JustJill, totally agree with your comments re:sisterhood, don't recall Graham/Ed doing equiv camera time in their teenies.
ski holidays
red 27, Quite. I suspect they were both extremely keen to do it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JustJill, probably not, but is that Chemmy's fault or the way the sports media treat attractive female athletes? Seems a bit harsh to criticise Chemmy for working with the production team on "personality piece" if that's what they wanted from her. Of course, it could all be her idea and she has brazenly let down the International Sisterhood by playing up to ugly stereotypes of hot, blonde ski racers. What ever the reason I thought it fun, if somewhat lightweight.
latest report
Higs, that's ACE!!!
snow report
A lot of people have jumped out of an outdoor pool and rolled in the near by snow, it's what people call "having a laugh".

The piece however was poor. She seemed akward interviewing a mate, if she continues as part of the Ski Sunday team and starts interviewing others she may seem a bit more natural. I'll see how she comes across on Dancing On Ice, some people aren't made for telly!

As for the rest, enjoyed but same old. Dominated by racing, little bit for the freestylers, no intersting pieces!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
rob@rar, and that is the way to be taken seriously as a sportswoman? given the current interest in her Dancing on Ice vs getting back skiing do you think that was the right thing to do?
Yes, unfortunately I do think it was the right thing to do. She had ALL her funding cut last year. She has to do what she has to do in order to fund herself, and primetime TV coverage has a lot of currency in her line of work. I would prefer it if her sporting career were fully funded and she didn't have to get involved with quite so much media (and at least for the next two years I guess she will think the same), but I don't think she is in a position to be picky about how she keeps a high enough profile to fund her life and sport.
snow conditions
rob@rar, Nadenoodlee, you're both right (and I feel I'm preaching to the converted here). I'm not really criticising Chemmy (who, to be fair, probably needs as much publicity & funding as she can get). It's more the meedja culture that I'm struggling with. If that makes me a Guardian reading feminist (almost certain to be accused of jealousy in the next five posts (anyone taking bets?)) then so be it.

Dr John, red 27, really?
latest report
I also liked the bit where they were talking having 'kissed the same boys'

At the same time, one wonders?

sigh
latest report
red 27 wrote:
At the same time, one wonders?
I certainly did.
snow conditions
rob@rar, well that's just lost you a few credibilty points...
Very Happy rolling eyes Very Happy
ski holidays
aaannnyway.

What about that weather at Adelboden? wink Laughing
ski holidays
JustJill, Yes, really. Everyone is ignoring the fact that there were two women in the pool, one of them an multiple olympic medal winner, injury free, at the top of her game, with very little reason to bow to pressure to do the piece if she didn't want to. They're both international skiers which almost by definition makes them feisty, extrovert, strong willed and not a little mad. They re also great mates, and I think the pool/snow/bikini thing demonstrated all those qualities.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 8-01-12 20:07; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
JustJill wrote:
rob@rar, well that's just lost you a few credibilty points...
Very Happy rolling eyes Very Happy

I'm a bloke, so shoot me.

wink
latest report
Dudes

ffs stop covering for Chemmy
and sucking up just because she has turned up at HH a couple of times
she is milking it for the cash
Jenny came over much better
and is a winner too