Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
When is it back on tv? Anyone know?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This Sunday 8th Jan.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At some point this season, the utterly inspiring Anna Turney will be featuring as well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thankspanaga52, I had emailed the beeb on this about a month ago, needless to say, I have not had any sort of reply.
Don't why I bothered I can get much better coverage on Eurosport and ZDF-all for free!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Does anyone know if they having any 'interesting' segments in it, or is it all racing?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidthornton wrote:
Don't why I bothered I can get much better coverage on Eurosport and ZDF-all for free!!!

Care to elaborate...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^ +1. Eurosport is the only thing stopping me from junking Sky.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Feast, I have a TV satellite box tuned to pick-up ZDF and Eurosport (German service). No fees. ZDF doesn't cover mid week races unlike Eurosport but does a good job of the weekend stuff.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We don't all have Sky or Freesat so have to make do with Ski Sunday and I wouldn't get it just for skiing coverage NehNeh . There is some additional live coverage on the BBC red button channel for us poor freeview only people. Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if you subscribe to racer ready you get a discount on the internet based eurosport coverage Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski wrote:
Does anyone know if they having any 'interesting' segments in it, or is it all racing?

I have heard rumours form one of the producers about a possible freeski segment but nothing that I can confirm for sure.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Saw Graham Bell skiing at Hemel with 4 kids on Fri 30th Dec and wondered why he wasn't off filming something! Glad it's coming back - the theme music alone makes me go dewy eyed...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good news its back,I did wonder if they had called it a day.
If they went back to the old format of less repetitive racing and more on skiing/boarding and resort info etc they would maybe get better ratings.
Still good that it is on tho' whatever the format.
Sundays not the same without the music and the mountains on a big screen TV !
Can you still get Eurosport without fees,I have a dish but not a box ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
immer schuss, not in Britain.
ski holidays
immer schuss wrote:

Yes, get an old analogue box off eBay.
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
immer schuss wrote:

Yes, get an old analogue box off eBay.

Got an old analogue box in my bedroom that I use as a freeview box fo the telly in there, not getting Eurosport on it though. Admittedly I've done a bit of dodgy wiring to get the signal into there so reception is down to about 50%!

Been thinking of cancelling Sly subscription for a while and if I can get ES by running that alongside the HD box I may very make that call to Mr Murdoch. Will have a play later!
ski holidays
manicpb, I have a digital satellite box on which I can receive German channels ZDF and DFS as well as Eurosport Deutsche, no fees, plus all the other "free" broadcasts, as I stated above. The box is a Phoenix digital satellite receiver and cost about £200 from a local supplier about 3 yrs ago. I get the freeview channels through the TV. rjs, I don't think an analogue box will work as Eurosport is now a digital channel.
If you want to view British Eurosport or Skysports then try http://mypremium.tv on your pc or laptop.
snow report
Also online, Eurosport Player online is £3.99 a month, or c. £36.99 for a year.
ski holidays
davidthornton wrote:
rjs, I don't think an analogue box will work as Eurosport is now a digital channel.

It doesn't matter what you think, my box and dish work fine.
ski holidays
Nineveh, should have mentioned that http://mypremium.tv is free. Smile
latest report
rjs wrote:
davidthornton wrote:
rjs, I don't think an analogue box will work as Eurosport is now a digital channel.

It doesn't matter what you think, my box and dish work fine.

Not for long though, all analogue broadcasts from the Astra 1 satellite position at 19 deg East will cease from May 1st, see this site(in German). So anyone wanting to receive free to air German Eurosport is best off getting a cheap free to air digital receiver which you can get from places like Maplins for £40 upwards eg this
ski holidays
davidthornton wrote:
Nineveh, should have mentioned that http://mypremium.tv is free. Smile

Wow, welcome to the world of illegal downloads, I guess... Shocked This seems to solve the problem of Eurosport only being on Sky. Does it get taken down often/ever?
latest report
Quote:
..................If they went back to the old format of less repetitive racing and more on skiing/boarding and resort info etc they would maybe get better ratings.

I understood that too many people complained when they tried this before.
latest report
In a perfect world they should have a seperate programme for the holiday aspects of skiing with coverage of ski races (settle for highlights) broadcast seperately, after all they've now got BBC3 and 4 schedules to play with.
snow report
I think if they used the youth/younger culture of snowboarding to try and attract the numbers they could do a good mix of ski/board/race.
I remember how popular the board cross racing thing was when it was on tv ?
Surely there is a market for wintersports on tv if it is exciting,varied and not repetitive and boring.
Thanks for info on Eurosport,I think a trip to Maplins could be on. Very Happy
latest report
davidthornton wrote:
In a perfect world they should have a seperate programme for the holiday aspects of skiing with coverage of ski races (settle for highlights) broadcast seperately, after all they've now got BBC3 and 4 schedules to play with.

errr that would be ski sunday/high altitude which they did up tlll a couple of years ago and despite being good was cancelled, think there is a thread somewhere with Graham or Ed related comments.

It should be brought back even though i know not everyone was a fan of the top gear esque format but i think the majority of snowheads would rather that that anything else.
snow conditions
immer schuss wrote:

Thanks for info on Eurosport,I think a trip to Maplins could be on. Very Happy

Just to emphasise, the German Eurosport (and a load of other free to air German, French and Italian digital TV Channels) are broadcast from the Astra 1 satellite position at 19 deg East, while the UK Sky digital TV channels are broadcast from the Astra 2 satellite position at 28 deg East, so you will need to ensure that your satellite dish is pointing at the correct satellite. wink
Incidentally the original analogue Sky TV broadcast from the Astra 1 position, so any disused 60 cm original Sky dish still in its original position can be re-used with a standard modern "universal" lnb for the German Eurosport etc channels.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Worth a bump! Enough time to rustle up a cuppa!
latest report
Carlos the Slackal, Good shout!!! Got a beer instead!!!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, did I define what the cuppa should contain? I think not! Happy
Bottle or Summer Lightning for me!
latest report
ahhhh! it just disappeared from our freesat telebox - all back in place now! Very Happy
snow report
Thanks - just tuned in now! Started 1645
Much appreciated
ski holidays
And it's on HD!
latest report
Great overhead tracking shot showing how steep the final pitch of the GS course is at Adelboden. Frighteningly steep considering they are skiing as fast as the course setter allows them.

Come on Ted!
ski holidays
rob@rar, i was thinking that, bloody steep!!!
snow report
Some great skiing but sorry the best bit was Julia and Chemmy in the snow by the pool Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
livetoski, She is fit!!!
latest report
Livetoski
Don't apologise!
snow report
iPlayer link http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b019ncbj/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy