Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel problems?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

there are less stops on the journey - unless I am desperate

Laughing as I am the driver I choose the stops and try to stop before I'm desperate. As a policy I stop every 2 hours for a coffee anyway. Except that I really like to get past Reims before the first stop, and that's over 2 hours from Calais. But I'm fresh then. After that it's pretty close to 2 hours and possibly more frequently at the end - maybe Sallanches for a tank of diesel, then it's less than 2 hours to the apartment.

The journeys in the summer are punctuated by picnics in the small "aires" which always have nice shady tables though often squatty loos. Good for the quads.

One reason I like the tunnel is that the journey is just long enough to consume the coffee bought at the terminal, then recline my seat and have 20 minute nap which makes huge difference to coping with the driving, especially coming home, with the M25 bit ahead of me. Then wake up gradually, ready to drive straight off and onto the road.

I get to choose the music too. wink Drivers privelege.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We tend to share the drive, roughly two hours on, two off and just nip round the car to change over with a quick stretch of the legs. I sometimes do the drive on my own back to the UK but do tend to break that now with a stop at the Val Moret overnight as I just get a bit tired at my advanced age!! And I like the stop there too. I think the M25 on the way home is the killer but by then there is good Radio 4.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

but by then there is good Radio 4.

yes, that does help! By the time I get to the M25 I am usually driving 60 mph max, and down to 50 by the time I get onto the A3.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stopped twice between Les Arcs and Calais yesterday. Once north of Lyon for loo and sarnies, then north of Reims for diesel and loo.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells bells, if you drive from durham have you ever used the hull ferry?
Also, if people drive overnight does that make you more or less likely to take the very next train, rather than have a coffee and a pit stop first?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris, How much time do you reckon the Telepeage and 30kph gates save you?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grey, we used the Hull ferry last year and it was excellent. In my opinion it did not really add any extra time and we arrived in Zeebrugge refreshed at 8am. We paid the extra for the club room each way and could not recommend it more. Had a little fridge of free drinks(coke beer, OJ), tea, coffee, fruit bowl (we took the extras with us) and really nice toiletries in ensuite (L'Occitane) bed was comfy and towels fluffy and soft. The buffet restaurant was good value. All in all was a really good experience only problem was this year it was fully booked for the Friday night crossing so we are going by tunnel - next year will reserve as soon as dates are released again to get cheap fares and choice of dates.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grey, no because it would mean hanging around at home all day. We would have to have the afternoon off work to drive there in time for the evening crossing. We've considered the Newcastle-Amsterdam one too, but that is expensive, and has the same problem, leaving before we finish work for the day. We take our dog too, and wouldn't feel right about leaving her either in the car or in a kennel on deck all night.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy