Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel problems?

Poster: A snowHead
Stuvk in a queue on the approach to the tunnel. Looks bad!

Any clues anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you heading out or in?

For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
Our Passenger service is currently operating to schedule with up to 2 departures per hour. We wish you a pleasant crossing with Eurotunnel.

For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
Our Passenger service is currently operating to schedule with up to 4 departures per hour. However due to high volume of traffic there is a waiting time of approximately 2 hours before check in and 30 minutes on the terminal. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to your journey
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Travelling into UK. Good job I'm two hours early!

Queue is back to 2km before exit 43 (heading W on the A16)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some of the trains today were showing as being full well before Christmas
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Higs, are you and Eurotunnel one and the same? 2 hours plus 30 mins sounds pretty unlikely.

I've been queueing on the A16 for 45mins and not yet at J43 never mind the tunnel turn off!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That rubbish new check in will be to blame and uk border agency
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DJL wrote:
Higs, are you and Eurotunnel one and the same? 2 hours plus 30 mins sounds pretty unlikely.

I've been queueing on the A16 for 45mins and not yet at J43 never mind the tunnel turn off!

Kind of... I just cut'n'paste it from their latest travel info (updated about half an hour ago).
Just checked again... same message.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Motorway chaotic. Just had an ambulace and police car through. They couldn't use the "voie de secours" of course that is blocked by mainly French cars with local plates!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're in same q - still on A16 Shocked Our dept time 22.12 local time. All three lanes now at standstill
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells wrote:
That rubbish new check in will be to blame and uk border agency

Well it does sound like there is something odd going on. BUT - they seem to have right royally f**ked up the check in proces on the French side
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DJL, any progress?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
However due to high volume of traffic there is a waiting time of approximately 2 hours before check in and 30 minutes on the terminal. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to your journey.
This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00.
Last update: 02/01/2012 - 21:23 (Time updated GMT+1 hour)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Where are you Lou? We're now close to the tunnel turning after 90 mins in the queue. Wish I was back in the PDS!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DJL, oh feck! 700m from junc for city europe 41/42 Just debating whether to change lane!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DJL, We caught the 10.46 train this am & were the last car on a half empty train. The road had been quiet, but when we arrived, the UK passport control queues were long & slow. We got lucky & joined a slightly quicker queue, but thought it could be bad by the time my brother got there (22.30). He's probably in the queue with you.
ski holidays
I was under the impression that the UK Border Agency had signed an agreement that the max wait would be 30 mins at UK customs

I appreciate they have to make checks but I have been there in queues for over an hour with 2 out of a possible8-10 desks open Confused
ski holidays
Boris, This was on the French side & all the desks were open
ski holidays
Boris, agreed. Are you here too on this pleasant evening in Calais?
snow report
Lou, luckily I'm sitting at home with a glass of wine!

But have had a few horendous queues of late - much worse than before they improved it rolling eyes Heading out in a few weeks, so will see what it is like on way back
ski holidays
Boris, there's never been any more than 4 open when we've gone through, and that was midsummer on a Sunday morning. In mid-October, with an empty train and an equally empty terminal, we still missed our departure despite being at check-in well within the time.
ski holidays
genepi, that's more than we've ever seen open. Sirens now. Utter chaos.
Hope your knee travelled well?!
latest report
I am seriously considering doing the return legs by ferry. If it hadn't been for the recent demise of SeaFrance I may have done this time . I don't like Dunkerque much, and it's a longer crossing.
snow conditions
Boris, wine eh? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Lou, UK bank hol, so I guess they were on overtime wink Knee travelled ok thanks - lots of stops & toe wiggling
ski holidays
oh dear, sounds miserable folks. Hope you make it without too much more delay. Sad
snow report
Hope you get through ok Lou and DJL, if it's any consolation Geneva was a hell hole this afternoon with chaos at the car hire return and long, long queues at check in and security. Now home with a glass of white thankfully.
latest report
Been here for an hour now. Any locals caught up in this must be really really fed up. Thankfully filled up with fuel last stop.
ski holidays
This will be of no consolation but I had the best eurotunnel ever this morning traveling out from the uk. Booked at 10.30, arrived 9.15, put on 9.45, raced into the terminal for a butty and take away coffee, was last on the train then go. No passport check or anything. just arrived in cham 8.30pm.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just made it to the bridge. Sent past the turn off by French police then turned buck at next exit to approach from W side. Still a queue but shorter.
snow report
sarah, not that i want to wish lives away but ROLL ON THE DAYS WE CAN SKI IN TERM TIME Laughing
snow conditions
jbob, of no consolation whatever Skullie Laughing
snow report
Always used Eurotunnel due to ease of use, but must admit would look at the ferries again now
snow conditions
At least we swopped drivers too. Able to relax with a red bull.
snow report
Lou, huge commiserations from Les Gets... just told himself that we had better set off early tomorrow to get through check in and security at GVA for our afternoon flight - and hopefully space in the car park for the car for a week. Hope you are travelling soon.
snow report
Lou wrote:
sarah, not that i want to wish lives away but ROLL ON THE DAYS WE CAN SKI IN TERM TIME Laughing

Absolutely. After this past week in Samoens (I have never seen anywhere so crowded) I am now nervous about half term in Chatel and seriously contemplating a cheap out of school week in March Laughing

Hope you get through soon.
snow conditions
Just made it past the booths. Almost exactly 3 hours later than planned and they aren't allocating crossing times.

Now officially fed up.

Delays appear entirely due to border controls.
snow report
We passed through at 3.30pm this afternoon, seeing the queue on the motorway popped through Calais town and came into the terminal from the 'Coquelles side' we still had to queue for half an hour for the check in and then another half hour for passports.
The problem seemed to be the French swabbing every car for explosives residue and the UK Borders agency putting everypassport through a UV reader. Every 'desk' was manned Eurotunnel, French, and UK.
The terminal was very quiet but loads of staff in the franchises so I guess they will be very unhappy not getting their footfall, money (or lack of it) talks, so I guess something will get done pretty soon.
Boris, ifirc, correctly, UK Borders only promised to man every desk at peak times. Sad
Bonus was the M25 was running very well! Even saw a Mercedes with a roofbox with the reg. plate of N1XMP - ring any bells? Do you think it was? Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 2-01-12 22:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
DJL, Lou, Sad oh, booger
snow conditions
Engine off only just on bridge now. Cr@p cr@p cr@p.

Surprised nixibaby not enjoying tranquil Swiss slopes Boredsurfing Laughing
snow conditions
DJL, almost afraid to ask how you guys are doing..........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy