Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

<~<~ Cheapo Xmas Escape ( CXE11 ) ~>~>

Poster: A snowHead
Ok, before I click to confirm, what age range of people are going? are we all up for a dam good time?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tempted.....................
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sishaw wrote:
Ok, before I click to confirm, what age range of people are going? are we all up for a dam good time?

I think thats guaranteed....... snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowbird I think you would really enjoy this wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes Snowbird, listen to the man! Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe wrote:
sishaw wrote:

I think thats guaranteed....... snowHead

Me and Minkers ar 26, but from what I can gather, 20-60 sounds like the age range, and I'm sure we're all up for a laugh, so confirm already!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booked! Elston and I will be travelling at these times.

24 Dec: London Luton to Grenoble
DEP 15:30
ARR 18:15

31 Dec: Grenoble to London Gatwick (North Terminal)
DEP 20:55
ARR 21:30

snowHead snowHead Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy snowHead snowHead

BTW: for transfers, we're planning to use BensBus if there aren't enough of us to trigger the hotel's cheaper transfer. Confirmed that BensBus is £45pp rtn from Grenoble to Alpe d'Huez.

See some of you Very soon!!! Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yay great news ^.
Hope to see some of you guys next week.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello all it's Danny (Kabby) a bit confused at mo....is this trip confirmed? Can I book my flights? How do I pay for the accom? When is due to be paid?
Sorry about all this just a bit baffled at mo
Anyway me, 50 year old Intermediate snow boarder who should no better! Bit of a fair-weather rider... Not looking to tear it up.... But generally ride all over the Mountain... Like a bit of Après ski and a few beers..and hopefully looking forward to meeting new friends on this trip
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kabby, Looks like it might be if flowa has booked flights. Might be worth getting it confirmed before you sort your flights though. As far as paying for the trip, panic ye not. As soon as admin has confirmed the trip is on, buttons will magically appear on the first post for you to click on to confirm that you are coming/what rooming arrangements etc etc. Once you click on those, you will be given some options for payment.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm 100% in, up for a quad room if anyone wants to share some money (I don't smell too bad!)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin,
Quote:

And low, an angel did appear unto Boredsurfing and did say unto him, "Stop making excuses: Just grab yer camelback and follow that Euro-star!"

Won't be difficult to find 3 wise guys around here Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah Schuss thanks for taking the time to reply to my concerns, I appreciate it.... I just still got this niggling feeling I have dropped a boll...... clanger somewhere!!!Has Anyone on this thread paid for their accomodation yet? And if so, how do you know its been confirmed? and if you read this Admin Iwant in!!!! lol
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin wrote:
Yes Snowbird, listen to the man! Wink

Only two minutes to respond....I told you to leave it a couple of hours at least Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have to say it. Stuff groupon, this is snowOn!

kabby, don't fear - you haven't missed anything. I've gone ahead and booked the travel on the theories: "book and it will happen", "if it happens, I've saved £100+ on the travel by booking now", "if it doesn't happen, I'll pay £100+ extra for accom in the same hotel or somewhere else". Therefore, I figure I've got it covered.
ski holidays
Whoop whoop whoop, just made a snap decision and i'm in.
snow report
Looking at how it's panning out, I think I might have to call this one...
ski holidays
...on!
ski holidays
admin, Cool
snow conditions
Excellent.
snow conditions
admin wrote:
...on!

OK... so that's a definate then.... nice one!! snowHead snowHead

Which means, kabby, that you now need to keep an eye out on the front page of this thread for the buttons to appear - at which point you can part with your dosh (and I promise you, admin won't let you miss them if you've got yourself down on the 'I'm in' list).

I know from experience that even if you've optimistically pushed the 'I might come if I win the lottery/my boss decides to give me extra holiday allowance than I'm entitled to/the planets align in a particularly unusual fashion' button... or even if you just happened to mention in some random conversation that you might go skiing at some point in the next 10 years..... trust me.... admin will give you many, many opportunities to join the trip. wink

Then.... if you're really lucky.... you'll get all the locations of the lunch stops, info on bootfitting and ski hire, etc etc texts all through the holiday... despite the fact that you are sat in rainy, miserable Blighty. rolling eyes
latest report
Quote:
if you just happened to mention in some random conversation that you might go skiing at some point in the next 10 years..... trust me.... admin will give you many, many opportunities to join the trip.
snow conditions
It's an Interesting concept flowa "book, and it will happen" and I hope you have saved yourself some money on the flights.... And thanks once again Schuss.... Put my mind to rest.... Well here we go!!!! Really looking forward to it.... Danny
latest report
Does anyone fancy sharing a day or two with a guide when we're over there? Some of the terrian on offer looks pretty amazing if the conditions are good.

V excited now!!
snow conditions
Pedantica, You too huh? (or was it the truly appalling grammar?) wink

kabby, Your welcome m'dear... have a fab trip. And brace yourself for the resulting addiction to snowHead bashes which will surely follow... Toofy Grin
snow report
Schuss in Boots, yes, me too - can't have the over-enthusiastic boss on my case again, much as I'd love to do this. (Nothing wrong with the grammar!)
latest report
kabby wrote:
It's an Interesting concept flowa "book, and it will happen" and I hope you have saved yourself some money on the flights.... And thanks once again Schuss.... Put my mind to rest.... Well here we go!!!! Really looking forward to it.... Danny

You just have to trust in the power of snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
Pedantica wrote:
, much as I'd love to do this.
...oh you would, would you? Toofy Grin

You so should have been on the PSB... did you see how messy things got without you?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 15-12-11 22:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
admin wrote:
...on!

OK... so that's a definate then.... nice one!! snowHead snowHead

Which means, kabby, that you now need to keep an eye out on the front page of this thread for the buttons to appear - at which point you can part with your dosh (and I promise you, admin won't let you miss them if you've got yourself down on the 'I'm in' list).
Actually the buttons were there all along if U cared to look NehNeh
Quote:

I know from experience that even if you've optimistically pushed the 'I might come if I win the lottery/my boss decides to give me extra holiday allowance than I'm entitled to/the planets align in a particularly unusual fashion' button... or even if you just happened to mention in some random conversation that you might go skiing at some point in the next 10 years..... trust me.... admin will give you many, many opportunities to join the trip. wink
But then, maybe you get special treatment cos you're special me ol' Boot-bag Wink
Quote:

Then.... if you're really lucky.... you'll get all the locations of the lunch stops, info on bootfitting and ski hire, etc etc texts all through the holiday... despite the fact that you are sat in rainy, miserable Blighty. rolling eyes
Right, that settles it: you're definitely going on the phone list for this one!

kabby, don't listen too much to Bootsy: she can be really helpful but after a few bombardinos it all gets a bit random - and we're well past bombardino o'clock.
The buttons are already there and you've already pressed them. You opted to pay by bank transfer and would have got my bank details displayed to you. You should also have had an email detailing them for keepsies.
Now u just need to do the transfer. If I could do that bit, I could just empty everyone's accounts and buy an impregnable Bond-villainesque hideout in Switzerland where no-one (except Mr.Bond) could get me.

Everyone:
As you get your travel details sorted, add them to the list (link in the top post). This helps the group to coalesce as best as possible. there may be efficiencies to be gained like sharing cars to airports etc.
Also, go to your personal profile (top left menu) and add your non-snowHeads-name, gender, mobile number and anything else you choose.
latest report
Travel detail link not woking. Here goes

24th Dec Arr Grenobel 08:50
31 Dec Dep Grenobel 17:05

New to this, so need some advise.

What's the best way to get from the airport to the hotel?

Should I book the ski pass solo or can admin book in groups?

Equipment hire and lessons etc.

Cheers.
snow report
Admin. You reckon you can cancel my booking so I can rebook and pay by bank transfer or paypal instead (I tried digging out my cheque book, but can't find it - I don't even remember the last time I used it). That goes for Minkers too (I'm fronting the cash for him). Cheers.
ski holidays
ARGGHHHHH Flights are so much more than yesterday, dam easyjet really rapes you for your ski carriage! Anyone want to share a drive out there?
latest report
Swoosh, sorry, I broke the links when I edited the post. Should be fine again now.
Hold off on the transfer bit for the moment. See who else is arriving around the same time (hence the list). There are transfer services if you need to get up there under your own steam but it gets cheaper when more people work together, eg. sharing taxis etc. If enough turn up at the same time we may even be able to arrange a transfer through the hotel operator which would be about the cheapest option.
Again hold off on the pass for now. No promises but we might be able to swing some degree of discount.
Equipment hire: if you're choosy, book ahead with Skiset or Alpinresorts to get significant discounts. If you're just getting going or don't really mind what you ski on, I suspect we'll get a pretty attractive hire deal from the hotel. Their kit is all Salomon, new this season but, not being a hire shop, there's not much choice.
I wont be organising anything in the way of lessons for this trip. Talk about what you're looking for and maybe others will want to go along with you. You might also be wise to ask for advice/recommendations in Bend ze Knees.

eshroom, I've cancelled the payment entries for you two.
Go to your snowAccount (top right) to choose another way to pay.

Choose "Another snowHead" as the payment method in Minkers' account and put in your username. You'll need to confirm, that you agree to this, from your own account.
ski holidays
admin, I meant the pay for it buttons, not the I'm up for it buttons. NehNeh I was working on the assumption that there wasn't an option to pay for it until it was confirmed.... y'know.. like in the BB thread.... but mostly I made the assumption cos it was more than my life's worth to push any of the buttons - just to see what was there. I got myself in trouble like that once before... Laughing

Quote:
But then, maybe you get special treatment cos you're special me ol' Boot-bag

Umm.... not sure if thank you... or thunk you is in order... Madeye-Smiley

Quote:
kabby, don't listen too much to Bootsy: she can be really helpful but after a few bombardinos it all gets a bit random - and we're well past bombardino o'clock.

Yes, good point, well made. Laughing Laughing kabby you'd be very wise to take that advice..... or just have a couple of bombardinos... you'll find that I make perfect sense then wink
ski holidays
£150 each (sharing luggage).

London Luton to Grenoble 24 December 2011 07:15
Dep: 24 December 2011 07:15
Arr: 24 December 2011 10:00

Grenoble to London Luton 31 December 2011 18:50
Dep: 31 December 2011 18:50
Arr: 31 December 2011 19:30
ski holidays
Put em on the list!
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/travellist.php?eventname=CXE11
ski holidays
eshroom how did you get the flights so cheap....is there no ski carriage? I am looking at £200 including 1 bag and skis
snow conditions
I figured I'd put all the luggage in a big board bag and hand luggage, so we don't have any other luggage to pay for.
latest report
interesting idea....however sports goods only give you 12kg additional weight......not sure I can manage on that weight alone....
ski holidays
sishaw, you are about to benefit from the results of a particularly long and protracted snowHeads topic which has since been proven 'in the field'.

The most interesting bit is that it's 12kg extra weight on top of your normal weight allowance which is 20kg. However, what many found hard to believe, the 20kg is your allowance whether or not you also book a bag into the hold.
Hence, U can take 32kg of sports goods without paying to book a bag into the hold.

...and just in case U get a check-in girl that doesn't understand that (like I did once), print this page off: http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy