Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

<~<~ Cheapo Xmas Escape ( CXE11 ) ~>~>

Poster: A snowHead
To register interest in the Cheapo Xmas Escape 2011 Click this:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 12-12-11 10:04; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Cheapo Xmas Escape 2011 (CXE11) will run from Sat 24 Dec 2011 to Sat 31 Dec 2011

Share your Travel Details
Travel Details List
Event Phone List

Firstly this is not a full-on bash so don't expect all the trimmings of one (I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it myself) but the deal was too good to let pass without offering it up.
The standard mechanisms will be there to help you hook up with each other, to make travel easier etc.

Simply, I've been offered a hotel very cheaply if I can find enough people to make it worth opening it for Christmas week.

The magic (minimum) number required is 10 people - which shouldn't be a problem since the last time I tried to find 10 people to go here, I ended up with 20! Shocked
For clarity, we have the 10, this is definitely on! snowHead

The Venue is the Hotel Belle Aurore in Alpe d'Huez.

The prices are:
£139 sharing in a room of 4.
£149 sharing in a room of 3.
£169 sharing in a room of 2.
These prices include breakfast and dinner!

As if that wasn't good enough, super/mega-snowHeads get it even cheaper!

The hotel will do us ski hire for £50 for the week. The kit is all new this season Salomon stuff. It's totally fine for beginners / early intermediates but if you're choosy, you might prefer to book something through Skiset or Alpinresorts.

The nearest airport is Grenoble which is about an hour away. There's a public bus service during the day or, if everyone turns up at a similar time, the hotel operator may put on a transfer for a reasonable fee. (Last time it cost us 12€ each way.)
Sky Scanner is showing some good prices to Grenoble

As usual, hit the button if you're interested at all: that will show up a form, above, where you can declare the degree of your interest ranging from, "I can't help pressing buttons" up to "Book me up now n' take me Granny as a deposit if needs be!"
Are you coming to the CXE11?
I'm In! (Solo Room)
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'm In!
(a twin room)
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'm in!
(a triple room)
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

I'm in!
(a quad room)
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Oh yes, Yes, YES!!!!
A snowHead

Please pass my details on to button-pushers anonymous
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Hotel Ski Hire?
Yes please!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 17-12-11 0:37; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
seems very cheap... I belive the lift pass is 215E?

Flights from Edinburgh return are £138 including ski carrage..... seriously tempted...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
II, May be interested. Which company are doing the flights from Edinburgh at £138 return?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easyjet

Flight
Edinburgh to Grenoble

Dep 24 December 2011 15:20
Arr 24 December 2011 18:35
Flight 6997
1 Adult
1 x £40.99

Flight
Grenoble to Edinburgh

Dep 31 December 2011 19:15
Arr 31 December 2011 20:35
Flight 6998
1 Adult
1 x £23.26
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
II, Thanks. Appreciate the swift update. Will have a look at their website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin, very remote possibility as family will never forgive me for skipping off at Xmas, but what's the price for a single room?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Admin, thanks for the heads up on this.... seriously interested and hope you get the numbers to make it happen....
just checked the easyjet site, flights below

Sat 24 Dec
Gatwick to Grenoble
Dep 06 05 Arr 08 40 £82 or Dep 13 05 Arr 15 40 £100

Sat 31 Dec
Grenoble to Gatwick
Dep 09 25 Arr 10 00 £56 or Dep 20 55 Arr 21 30 £44
These are the Headline figures
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tempted by this, ideally was hoping to be away new year but this looks a great deal-would it be possible to stay on till the 1st or 2nd??
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
itchyfeet, I think they're full from the 31st.

The hotel had a booking by a group over Christmas that de-materialised. Their question: with the hotel empty at this late stage, do we just shut it for the week or could snowHeads make use of it? I said I'd see who was up for it snowHead

Wags, it'll be doable. I'd hazard a guess at around 50% the bed price but I'll check.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That is an amazing deal but I have 30 people at mine for Boxing Day. I could just tell them it was cancelled because of this deal but some of them may not fully understand. wink

I am really looking to go away 27th to 2nd but being single makes it eye wateringly expensive, or not even available.

I am away for two weeks at the end of Jan so probably shouldn't moan too much but being in construction, we are off from the 22nd to the 2nd and not going away seems a waste of holiday allocation.

Those prices for Christmas are amazing though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, sorry, but I just found an irresistable bargain for 16th-23rd Dec so don't need to know the single room price.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
C'mon people!!! Get your name down for this! The conditions look awesome... The quiet week before the new year madness! It's a steal! Later it's left... Dearer the flights..... So get your names down!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Put me down for two, but need to know soon as poss so as to book flights!

Also, Admin, I would seriously recommend an email shot. I know in general it's probably not something you like to do, but it's not for profit and will fill the hotel up.

If you keep it short, no one will hold it against you...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ditto above, hope the required numbers are reached... Wanna book flights.
ski holidays
Easyjet get into grenoble at 8:40AM and leave at 8.55PM - this means an extra day (or for the really keen ones, day and a half) of possible skiing when compared to your normal package deals where you lose a day in each direction...
latest report
Admin, Do I have to pay straight away? Is this definitely on. How many so far?
snow conditions
Swoosh wrote:
Admin, Do I have to pay straight away? Is this definitely on. How many so far?

Total 5 - it's in the original post (I missed it too) - My mate is trying to sign up (he's having trouble getting a snowheads email through to confirm his membership), so that makes it 6.
snow report
How are we looking for this. Very keen for a trip away but I am on my own so will be happy to share a room with someone and ski with some snowheads!
ski holidays
eshroom, Actually, you can only really count the numbers in the "I'm in" box as certains, although the "almost certainly's" are almost certain.... Confused Probably not a good idea to count on the "Hopefully so's" as historically, they don't all confirm.

I'm not even sure I understand what I just wrote... rolling eyes
snow report
sishaw, Sorry, just realised your post above pretty much negates what I just said... might be an idea to upgrade your status to "I'm in" if you're really keen to swell the numbers and get this trip going.

Wish I could go, but family.... xmas..... blah blah.... Sad
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, +1 For both posts above!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
There are some decent prices on Boxing day flights too.
Early enough to get a half day in if you're efficient. Also, there's a convenient flight on NYE that will give you a whole day on snow (or in bars in Bootsy's case) and still get you home in time to sit around complaining about the bloody neighbours haveing a bloody party every bloody year!

By my count that makes looking after Mum + 5 1/2 days' skiing out of a week when no-one's doing any work anyway whether they're in the office or not.
Hell, don't even book it as leave: they wont even notice you're not there Wink
snow report
Boredsurfing, I make speshal price only 4 U - really, I'll make it happen Wink
snow conditions
hello Admin, trying to confirm/pay to reserve a space in a twin room for this trip and cant work out how to do it!!! [hmmmm better cancel that Astronaughts course i was goin on!!] Danny
ski holidays
well, seem to have got myself on the "Im In" box.... just cant work out how to pay!!!
snow conditions
well, seem to have got myself on the "Im In" box.... just cant work out how to pay!!!
ski holidays
Just me travelling so looking to avoid the "single room supplement", if not what's the price ? Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's no single supplement when snowHeads arranges stuff unless you specifically want to room alone.

"We organise room-shares that are appropriate or amusing", is the official line Wink
ski holidays
admin wrote:
Boredsurfing, I make speshal price only 4 U - really, I'll make it happen Wink

Yep, Innkeepers with loads of spare rooms at Christmas must be a miracle dUe Laughing
snow conditions
Numbers-wise:
I can see 3 as 'in' with one of them suggesting a +1 is on the way.
3 are 'almost certain' and one of them represents a +1 too.

There are also 3 who clicked the interested button but haven't declared how interested they are.

Personally, I'm currently negotiating with various family members to get Christmas re-scheduled slightly and if that pans out, I'm in with Gregory (my 16yr old son) to come out on Boxing Day. So we've got pretty close to the magic number in just about 48hrs.

I'm thinking this is showing very good potential snowHead

And low, an Little Angel angel Little Angel did appear unto Boredsurfing and did say unto him, "Stop making excuses: Just grab yer camelback and follow that Euro-star!"
ski holidays
big dangling carrots Puzzled
flights are cheap but ridiculous times (Manchester for Liverpool early out early back)
holiday price is Shocked
telephone home to say not going for Christmas dinner Embarassed
one seat under £33 left Confused
double big dangling carrots Puzzled
latest report
WellySki0009, I hear there might be Vodka. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Thanks geepee rolling eyes Suddenly the image of dangling carrots becomes one of diced carrots spoo
snow report
admin, Laughing
latest report
how much would own room cost? was keen to go away over new year but having trouble arranging it so this looks a good option will know in next 24 hrs
ski holidays
geepee wrote:
WellySki0009, I hear there might be Vodka. Twisted Evil

best stay at home then Sad
snow report
admin,

Boxing day sounds good to me! Just got to see if I can get out of a family birthday bash on the 28th!

Would you be flying out of Gatwick?
snow report
WellySki0009, No you need to go, it's the only way to lay your demons to rest. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Are we set or do the elmost certainlys need to convert to definitelys first? Wanna book flights before prices rise! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy