Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

we are driving so what do we need?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Annual breakdown cover Europe wide can be got for under £60: http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/breakdown/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobW, Buy cheap buy twice...

Quote:
Section E – General exclusions that apply to all parts of this policy
1. Any breakdown that happens during the first 24 hours in the UK or during the first 5 days in
Europe, after you take out cover for the first time.

So, useless on the outward journey and for most of the first week!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode,
I think you got that wrong, it is from the date you order the package, not from the start date of the policy

It is to stop you calling them after you break down and demanding immediate rescue.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevev, Ah, you might be right there. People need to be a bit careful though because these things are normally afterthoughts and bought immediately pre travel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

useless on the outward journey and for most of the first week!

Puzzled only if you leave it till 5 days before your holiday to buy it!

If you only do one week a year, an AA 5 star might be better value than an annual one. A friend of mine, in a rather elderly car, was glad of hers when they broke down north of Dijon, driving home at half term. They'd had crawled north (heavy traffic, heavy snow) and were dismayed to be towed back to Dijon to pick up a hired car. They had to leave the French hired car, cross in the ferry as foot passengers, then pick up another hired car in UK. But they got home - and 3 of them were teachers who had to be back at work on Monday - then the AA paid for the driver to go back and pick up the car when it was mended, a week later. Her 3 friends had pulled faces about coughing up for their share of the expensive AA cover but were glad they had, in the end. About £20 each and saved them a small fortune.

Most standard euro breakdown policies would not pay for all that (mine, which was linked to my SAGA car insurance, didn't when my clutch broke in Italy earlier this year - it was quite a bit more limited in scope). But the AA top cover would be more expensive - you get what you pay for with breakdown cover, as with most things.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have breakdown cover with our Bank Account, along with other benefits. So if you do have an account which provides various things, check what you've got before shelling out again

But again check what you're covered for
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For the benefit of those heading to the Austrian end of the alps, rather than french...
Quote:

1. Taking a leak takes 50c in most of the german service stations, but you sometimes get a voucher to reclaim it off the price of a coffee in the shop.

Most are now 70¢ for a pee, but you get a 50¢ voucher to spend. Turnstile entry, no change given! Belgium is 30¢ for a pee iirc. Hence why my earlier post mentioned a stack of 50, 20 and 10s.

Quote:

2. I found autobahn petrol stations are a lot rarer than on uk motorways, certainly more than the 20miles normal on M6. So don't get too low on fuel.

There's plenty of signs saying how far it is to the next and subsequent petrol stations, so if you miss those and ignore the low fuel light, then well the Polizei will be involved, not the Yellow Angels.

Glad that France is free to pee. Don't think I've ever ventured beyond the Calais-Belgium section of Autoroute, so never needed a pitstop there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Glad that France is free to pee

Yep - any lay-by is acceptable it would seem
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris, haha - could also be rather expensive too Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller, I'm sure no-one will complain (especially the RAC, AA, and their shareholders) if you just carry on mis-reading the T&Cs and paying double/triple/quad what you need to.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RobW, I will of course thrash myself to within an inch of my life for that mistake, a first ever. However, as such products are often bought just prior to departure, it is worth noting the 5 day thing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Car keys/passport/creditcard/mobile phone
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy