Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris - Winter 11/12

Poster: A snowHead
J2ski was saying wet snow down to resort, hope its holding up for anyone going out this weekend.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latest report from Oz is 2" overnight & still snowing so the FL has dropped, off to get my winter wheels fitted!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick D wrote:
Not sure where the freeze level is but the word from a friend in Oz (1350m) at 3.00 this afternoon was rain rain rain. Seems to be playing out as forecast, hope the rain doesn't trash what must be quite a thin base at lower levels before the freeze level drops and the dump starts!

It cooled down overnight but it was raining to about 1700m - 1800m yesterday, very hard too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, Ugh, hope it didn't do too much damage in that time, bit of a repeat of last season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick D, it'll be getting well filled in higher up the resort though. I'd think the Perrins bowl and that zone generally will be pretty tasty when the weather clears snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno, Thats my back yard! hope you're right, it can stop any time Monday snowHead Coming to ADH this winter?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick D, sadly, it's looking unlikely
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, Shame, could be an epic winter, will try and do a couple of TR's, hoping to get over to La Grave at some point.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ADH is top on the snow-forecast total for the next 3 days at the moment with 126cm forecast Shock
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
musehead, snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
there was a little rain yesterday but also a few inches of snow

more today and a lot in the upcoming days

visibility is poor tho and a bit windy, hopefully things will settle
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
musehead wrote:
ADH is top on the snow-forecast total for the next 3 days at the moment with 126cm forecast Shock

Nice. Starting to build a nice base. So that when the sun shine for week commencing 4th feb the conditions will be perfect. Ohh and through in a few inches of overnight fresh. Am I asking for a bit much there?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any chance of some pictures this morning, showing last nights snowfall?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try the webcams link on the first page of this thread Entick,
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For anyone in the region and in the know why are they so few lifts running at the moment?
snow conditions
Billion miles per hour winds, 10cm visibility, and black flag avalanche risk?
ski holidays
Was after photos like on page 1 - webcam cant provide that.

All lifts will be opened over the weekend.
latest report
sorry entick been very busy at work and my phone is not being recognised by my laptop when I try to transfer pics off it

its snowed almost non stop for the last 2 days at least maybe 1.5 feet

high winds strong snowfall limited visibility

and apparently the airports were on strike today?

happy times...
snow report
Skola wrote:
sorry entick been very busy at work and my phone is not being recognised by my laptop when I try to transfer pics off it

its snowed almost non stop for the last 2 days at least maybe 1.5 feet

high winds strong snowfall limited visibility

and apparently the airports were on strike today?

happy times...

Happy days....will be sweet for my arrival on 24/12
snow conditions
Loadsa snow but bad vis, wind & avvy risk of 4 so spent first day skiing very quiet pistes, will be awesome once the sun arrives, maybe tomorrow, fingers crossed. Roads look clear today, timed our arrival badly last night, fitting chains in the dark on the roadside is never fun! (via SMS)
snow conditions
Hi Nick D, happy skiing out there snowHead
snow report
Hi Nick D,

Hope you have a good time over Christmas. Say hello to Richard and Janet for me. My boys weekend trip is on the 13th Jan. Will be down with the family at the same time as your boys trip. Probably see you in the Potee then when I take my boy for a hot chocolate (and a large beer for me).
snow conditions
On my last trip to AHD, OZ,Auris etc we didnt use the mountain bars / resaurants much. aspart from a beer or two at the top of Marmottes (ithink).
Can anyone recommend where to go for a beer or two and light bites at lunch.
ski holidays
sorry will try and update more frequently - works been busy but its settling down a bit

blue skies with little to no wind the last few days - lovely weather and a solid base. they dont seem to piste much around here so bumps and moguls on many non green runs. off piste mostly tracked out with some freshies if you look hard enough - conditions very variable from crush to wind packed to the odd heavyish pow stash.

weather forecast snows some snow this weekend fri sat sun - hopefully at least 20cm or so - perfect timing snowHead
latest report
Renry wrote:
On my last trip to AHD, OZ,Auris etc we didnt use the mountain bars / resaurants much. aspart from a beer or two at the top of Marmottes (ithink).
Can anyone recommend where to go for a beer or two and light bites at lunch.

Any advice Skola
snow report
i dont eat out much tbh but with bars depends what ur lookin for and i guess which side of town you are based in.

o'sharkeys is a nice mellow place with a pool table, underground near the church (but no pool), and o-bar in the old town

could also check out smithys and zoo
latest report
I was more thinking of mountain eateries Skola, We are staying up at the altiport and are fully catered for breakfast and evening meals, I was just wondering if you could recommed somewhere for lunch on the mountain?
snow conditions
oh, I'm afraid I have nothing to recommenf sorry.

wind had picked up and more snow is on the way snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Bergerie, at foot of Villard Reculas side of Signal - just a great place to be if the weather closes in or the sun is beating down. Has charm, good food, sun deck, and nice fire for when you need some winter warmth.
ski holidays
Renry, The only ones I positively avoid are the places at the top of Marmottes and half way up the DMC. I'm a bit more of a plat du jour man than a sandwich man though
ski holidays
coming down thick and fast this morning about 4-5inches so far
snow conditions
Skola wrote:
coming down thick and fast this morning about 4-5inches so far
Nice and thanks for the dinning advice.

Arno, we only ever had a couple of beers at the end of the day up at the top of Marmottes (1 litre glass for 12euro)
It was ok up there when the sun was shining, the lifts has stopped and the mountain was emptying.

snow conditions
Renry, was thinking more of the eating side of things - if it serves beer, doesn't cost an arm and a leg and has a nice view, what's not to like? Cool
snow report
Renry,

There are quite a few good places for a beer / lunch as long as you stick to what they are good at. If you want a good burger, they do a great one at the top of the Scare Chair on the Auris side. There's also a few places that do a very good plat du jour which is always good value (around €10). The Pierce Neige which is just below the mid station on the Poutran Cable car, the restaurant next to the bottom of the Chalvet Chair (can't remember the name) and La Potée in Oz village are some of our favourite places. If you want somewhere a bit special and a little bit more difficult to get to, try the Chalet Lac Besson which is at the top end of the cross country tracks near the mid station of the DMC. It's possible to ski there if you come down the red run below the second section of the DMC and then follow the flags to the right - I've managed to run it all the way on a board, so minimal poling required. If you just want a beer on a nice sunny day, there's a great place at the top of the Petit Prince up the Signal side of Alpe d'Huez.
latest report
AWESOME!!!!! (via SMS)
ski holidays
Excelent Bjorn_again_Daehlie, . We like to stop for 'light bites' arround lunchtime, not to have anything to heavy, just to rest and refuel. They sound like some good options.
Cant wait now, the cams and forcast are showing plenty of snow for today, i can feel it in the wate,r epic snow for the rest of Dec, Jan and Sunshine for Feb wink

Arno we didnt dine at that restaurant, but a couple of those big beers was enough to see us down the mountain and round to the chalet at the altiport was just the job at the end of the day Very Happy
snow conditions
the weather forecasts were correct it stopped snowing this afternoon after about 36 hours of nearly non stop

looks like 45+ cms snowHead
latest report
After yesterdays powder fest with a metre plus of fresh light pow everywhere (most of the upper lifts were closed but looping the Poutran & Alpette lifts wasn't too shabby!) today was really the day after the Lord Mayors show. As anticipated the freeze level moved up to around 2100m with rain & strong winds + limited vis making for some damp skiing in very heavy snow. It's going to take a while to secure up top so off piste routes will remain limited for a while yet. I'm apartment bound with my daughter suffering from La Grippe tonight so on packing duty ready for an early Monday morning departure (brownie points in the bag for a last ski tomorrow!) Happy New Year to all Snowheads, particularly anyone ADH bound this season. Luckily I'm back here in 3 weeks Happy (via SMS)
latest report
Glad to hear you will be back Nick D, We fly out for the 4th Feb so some on the spot reports prior to that would be nice.

With the amount of sunshine hours ADH boasts the place must be due a few cold and bright days.
ski holidays
6 inches or so yesterday and more due this week Smile

9am this morning:

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy