Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris - Winter 11/12

Poster: A snowHead
Clouds building on the webcam, surely not long now Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haha, fingers crossed! I'm looking to rent a ski chalet in france at some point before christmas… hoping the snow arrives soon!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow is on its way, up to 20cm on Monday night, certainly cloudy here today
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just heard from my daughter, snowing heavily in ADH - everyone's excited Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excelent, will be watching this thread with interest. Going back to ADH on the 4th Feb 2012 and staying in the chalet Namika near the altiport, it will be my second stay there. Ive been watching the web cams with some amazment with the lack of snow. Im looking forward to checking them over the next few days though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Am off to altiport chalets 21 jan so will be watching this thread too...any updates very much appreciated!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just as a point of reference here is the link for last years thread on ADH etc
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56564&highlight=
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At last.... http://alpedhuez.livecam360.com/signal/flash/main.php
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i like how you can see historic images on that - friday - grassy fields; today a whole lot healthier Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I know I'm not going until early feb but to final
see snow on the web cams is a reasuring feeling.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So

Its been dumping and I if you ask me way more than initially forecasted. More on the way tomorrow too, at least 15cm

About 3 inches at town level and double that on the lower slopes when I walked up yesterday

Forecast for another 15cm tomorrow

then clear skies on thursday when the lifts open

It should be epic snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skola

What wonderful news in an otherwise sh*tty day !

Keep it coming.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skola, photos would be nice if you get chance wink
I cant belive how much im looking forward to going away this comming winter, I was waiting knee surgery last winter so
I didnt get away. The wait for the snow to arrive was just teasing, now its arriving the 4th Feb cant come quick enough Blush Very Happy

Im already starting to plan (hope) how the first day will go. Embarassed
Awake to bluebird skies and fresh snow, Ski from chalet door down to the Bergers and take the scare chair (to test the knee) on the steady slopes and easy off piste options arround Auris.

Blush

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 6-12-11 22:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Renry, I took some today but tomorrows will look better so wait and see snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking so much better today! 12 days to go snowHead
snow report
Nick D, It is indeend http://www.alpedhuez.com/hiver/fr/985/webcams-360-.html Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Where are you staying?
snow conditions
Renry, We've got a place in Oz but their website isn't yet in winter mode!
snow conditions
Update:

I hiked up signal and the powder went from shin deep to knee to mid thigh. Luckily I stumbled onto a pisted patch which had maybe 2-3 inches of powder on top of a solidish base, which was much easier to hike up and lovely to ski back down on despite it snowing heavily and my legs being destroyed. Shame it took 90mins to climb and 90 seconds to descend.

Pics, as requested

Snowfall since around this time last night:

Trees at resort level:

A car:

Another tree in resort:

Trees this time halfway up Signal:

And the view of ADH below:

snowHead
ski holidays
Amazing photos! Thanks for posting snowHead
latest report
No problem.

Its still snowing snowHead
latest report
Skola, B. E. A. U. tiful!!! Enjoy it tomorrow, very jealous!
ski holidays
Fantastic photos. Thank you. The change from 5 days ago is unbelievable.
latest report
Thanks again Skola, keep em comming. snowHead

Now that you have done the seasons first bit of hiking I expect you to skin up to Pic Blanc and report conditions from there befor the lifts open Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Skola, you've just bought back memories of me doing exactly the same a couple of seasons back! I can just picture the grin on your face when you got to the bottom!! Very Happy
latest report
There are some tracks on the cam over signal this lunchtime is that anything to do with you again Skola ?
ski holidays
[ http://www.alpedhuez.com/hiver/fr/985/webcams-360-.html

Using the above link for the Les Marmottes 3060m cam'. On that panarama which direction is Mont Blanc?
ski holidays
Hi Nick D. Won't be down to Oz until 13th Jan for a boys weekend and then with the family the week after. When're you going to be down?
snow conditions
Renry, i think Mont Blanc would be blocked out by Pic Blanc and Pic Bayle from Marmottes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, We're out there for the boys week commencing 23rd Jan, big group this year, will try and keep the noise down!
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
Renry, i think Mont Blanc would be blocked out by Pic Blanc and Pic Bayle from Marmottes

Yes I think your right, shortly after I posted (lunch break at work) I had a look at the piste map and it suggests thsat it is indeed in the line of site beyond Pic Blanc

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 9-12-11 19:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
jonty, totally, the whole area has been transformed in about 3 days of snow.
Renry, sadly not. my tracks got covered by snow. seen a few people skinning up today and yesterday but i didnt bother as some lifts were running.

no more hiking, hopefully...
ski holidays
Any news over the weekend? We are arriving on Friday and I'm really hoping theres a bit more snow and a bit more than 11 slopes open! Also, we're staying out in the altiport area - does any one know if the slopes that go past that are open yet? Going to be a mission into town for the main lifts if not.
ski holidays
kat.ryb, welsome to snowheads. If you look at the webcam here from the Bergers area http://www.alpedhuez.com/hiver/fr/985/webcams-360-.html you can see the chalets at the altiport and it looks like it is pisted from there. That is ther Romains piste I think that runs between the chalets and down to Bergers

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 13-12-11 15:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Oh cool, thanks for that link Very Happy I wasn't sure what parts of town I was looking at on the web cams really.
ski holidays
kat.ryb, that piste returns you to the altiport chalets from the top of marmottes 1. We tend to have a beer there at the end of the day. It was 12 euros for a litre glass, a couple of those then ski back down right to our chalet door Cool
latest report
I was reading in another thread where someone was asking about walkie talkies. A reply was to get a local £10 pay as you go sim and put it in your phone.
I was wondering if that would be a good idea for AHD. Is there a shop in the Bergers are that sell them.
ski holidays
kat.ryb, we had a few inches yesterday and the forecast for the next few days looks .... nice snowHead

Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
Hi 7cm 8cm 23cm 12cm 2cm -
Lo 7cm 8cm 23cm 12cm 2cm
Town 5cm 9cm 24cm 13cm 2cm

then sun on mon tues
ski holidays
Skola, Sounds good, should be all pisted & blasted ready for us on Wednesday morning! snowHead
snow conditions
Great, thanks for the update Skola Little Angel Glad I bought an HI Yellow oakley lens with all that snow forecast.
snow report
Not sure where the freeze level is but the word from a friend in Oz (1350m) at 3.00 this afternoon was rain rain rain. Seems to be playing out as forecast, hope the rain doesn't trash what must be quite a thin base at lower levels before the freeze level drops and the dump starts!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy