Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xscape "real snow slope" ?

Poster: A snowHead
Cathy Coins, so about 4 times the price of the "Expensive" Swiss ski school for a private lesson, not to mention all that time spent going up the slope, in reality you'd only get about 30 mins of actual teaching
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D G Orf, that's probably right - it sure don't take too long to get down the slope!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy Coins, I've commented on that before. I think they are trying to stop people booking a private instructor, then turning up with a group of ten. This would undercut group lesson prices and lead to much larger class sizes on the slopes.

I think they should just give a structured private lesson price based on 1-4 pax per hour and leave it at that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cathy Coins, private lessons at MK are very expensive. I am told they are partly trying to discourage punters as group lessons are worth so much more to them financially. At low season the price for an hour's private is sometimes flexible and has been as low as £35 for 30 min before. I've never had lessons there as such but know beginners who have who have been very pleased with the instruction. Personally, I use an ISIA and development coach who works out of there on an irregular basis off season, when in need of tips or tune up. His rates are actually quite competitive, considering. Anyone interested can PM me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my other half had a lesson sat night at 8 pm, she was the only person in the class which cost £26....

Now thats not bad for personal tuition !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Royal, yes, should have mentioned that. I've noticed full snowboarding and empty-but-for-one ski "group lessons". I understand late evening but esp late Sunday evenings are the least popular, if anyone out there is interested in learning to ski or doing beginner level lessons.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whenever I travel to England I'm always amazed at how expensive things are. 20 pounds for 1 hour skiing in a dome? OUCH! For the price of 8 or 9 hours at x-scape I get a season's pass to Whistler, though I am getting a pretty amazing deal:
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets/seasonpass/passes/students
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ponder, yeah but we need our fix and this is the easiest / option Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Royal wrote:
my other half had a lesson sat night at 8 pm, she was the only person in the class which cost £26....

Now thats not bad for personal tuition !

The only thing is that the group classes stop at the top end of beginner stage. They don't seem to cater for those that can ski but wish to improve their technique. I've looked at their coaching sessions and they have a Ladies morning for 2 hours mid-week - so that's a day off work and I am right at my limit of days. If you're a man under 50 you haven't got a chance! Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ive noticed that too, fortunately, I work shifts so I can fit in a few hours off peak and get 25% discount too, but would love to have some improvement lessons.

I think they do a two hour thing where they film you but costs an arm and a leg !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Royal wrote:

I think they do a two hour thing where they film you but costs an arm and a leg !

That's fine!! I've got lots of home videos of me skiing badly without having to pay extra for it! But seriously, watching a video of yourself really helps you see where you're going wrong. I used to think I had lovely up and down movement, only to realise I have a lovely bending forward movement Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lol, Ive just checked its 3 hours inc video or 75 quid, think Ill get a mate to sit in the bar with his phone camera !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
3 hours of instruction with video in a snowdome for £75 sounds very reasonable to me. How do I sign up?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.xscape.co.uk

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Royal, but that's for learning to ski Sad
ski holidays
Quote:
Advanced Adult Ski Lesson Ski Xcellence
Three hours of intermediate & advanced ski instruction, incorporating video analysis and feedback in one of our comfortable conference rooms. An estimated one hour of the time will be dedicated to the feedback section of the session. Pre-booking is necessary to guarantee places. You MUST have the ability to do basic parrallel turns and control your speed and direction. For more information please call 0871 222 5671.
snow report
Royal, ah sorry, didn't see that. Must hunt harder, perhaps MK does a similar thing - I assume that was for Castleford?
snow conditions
MK does not and has not done a similar thing to my recollection.
snow report
I did the ski in a day at Castlford recently. 10am - 6pm £150 , they take up to 8 students for that. On the day I was the only one Razz
latest report
Good effort lad !

You would think MK but I had a look and their lessons are no where near as comprehensive.... wierd ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy