Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Most embarrassing ski/board moment

Poster: A snowHead
This thread sounds like the worlds worst chalet dinner conversation.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Especially that bit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First time poster, enjoyed a few laughs at your embarrassing stories so thought I'd chip in Very Happy .

I've had too many, but one of the most humiliating was a beast of a drag in Valmoral a few years back, only my 2nd ever week skiing - I'd watched it give those before me a massive jerk as it set off and was getting gradually more panicked. My turn came and in my haste, I put it between my knees and off it jerked, yanking me high in the air, knees first before landing flat on my back, starfish shaped in a pile of skis and poles. I proceded to go through this routine another 2 times before a successful launch, leaving the cheering crowd behind me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

HA HA HA...... Reading all these are making me laugh at work (laughing WITH you..... really ) and making me feel better about my little ones.
Quote:

Face planting on a bunny slope, - While skiing towards the calss I was about to teach!!!!

Fattes13, did the group have any confidence in you after that

Couple of quick tricks and some joking about and it was all forgotten NehNeh
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MEfree30 wrote:
does anything really top this?

Keep in mind that is his son on the chair with him and he was in sight of the que

One of the funniest things I have seen. EVER!

Well done
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This beats the guy with his trousers down, imho.

http://youtube.com/v/6-6pQwo_9r4
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First ever ski holiday, school trip to some nameless Italian town.
friend of mine who was even smaller and lighter than me back then (probably 6 stone), was on a Poma button drag.... which stopped, for some reason, and as the (beginner) skiers all came to something approaching an organised stop, the spring loaded poma on which he was holding overcame his insubstantial weight, and hoisted him all the way off the ground.

I don't think the lifties had ever seen that happen.... it took them a while to find a ladder....

personally my most embarrassing moment was a few years back, Day 1 with my new Rossi Lords, thought I'd try them out on a soft fluffy patch between two pistes, somewhere in St Anton.... suffice to say my offpiste technique was a bit rusty, and one ski released.
This would not normally be so bad, but the usual 'self preservation' instinct kicked in so I tried to stay upright on the other ski. All this meant is that when I eventually fell over, I had probably 50metres of hill to climb up and probe for my other ski. I should have just fallen straight away, I'd have saved half an hour!

What is it with new kit that makes it so easily lost/damaged?

cheers
h.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nice paulio, the video action definitely gives you a chuckle...as does this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2zIK_peF2K8

How do you embed it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiing since 6,

Age 10 forgot to put suncream on face, burnt face badly first day, spent all rest of the holiday scooping up snow in black gloves to wet them and put against my upper lip, for nearly a fortnight I had a black dye moustache

about 13 years old came out of a slope restaurant in saalbach, just got skis on started sliding back ended up going backwards into a snowdrift finishing in mountain water run-off/stream 15ft lower in front of 100+ ppl.

This year (29yrs) took my then fiance to Les Arcs in feb to propose, first day on slope I misread the piste map and took her down a red after she only had week of lessons back home, needless to say emotional toys out of pram incident happened halfway up mountain, quickly passing hip flask to calm her, and at the crystal meet later that evening everyone got to hear about it! thankfully I had chosen the next day to propose and went great! got married in may Smile

Got Honeymoon on 14th Jan Kitzbuhel, who knows what will happen there!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where do I start? Smile

Aged about 8 I was going up the West Wall Poma at CG when the lift stopped half way - right at the steep bit where its only on really good days that there is any more snow cover than on just the Poma track, so no escape route onto a Piste and I didn't think it would be allowed to ski back down the track, so I hung on. For half a bloody hour. And then the lift started again - by this time I really badly needed to pee. Decided to head for the Ptarmigan as soon as I got off the lift, unfortunately this was too late. Ended up stood in the Gents in my pants holding my ski trousers under the hand dryer.

Aged about 10 I was at the Lecht on a very low vis day. I was bombing down the area to the far right of the centre, and saw an excellent natural kicker ahead. So I jumpeed it, only to find there was no snow on the other side, in mid air, and instead a stream had formed. Ended up in the stream with a broken nose.

Skip forward 15 years and I was in Austria on a holiday. Staying in a hotel which gave you your key attached to a massive piece of plastic with your room number and the hotel name on. You were supposed to drop it off in reception before you left the hotel, in a drop box. Anyway, one day I left it in my jacket whilst I was on the slopes. And discovered around midday that it was no longer there. Spent the afternoon going from liftie to liftie asking if it'd been handed in, terrified of the reaction of the old Oma on the hotels receptions reaction, to no joy. So I manned up and went back to the hotel, to explain my crime to the Oma, who was mighty confused as my key was in the drop box - some wonderful person had found it and returned it without even speaking to anyone at the hotel.

Quote:
couldn't even remember the German for "SORRY!"

Thats gotta be pretty embarrassing. When you consider the German for 'sorry' is...... ' sorry'!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I can't think of any, but I like this... Laughing
(can anyone hear what they're saying?)

http://youtube.com/v/ftDmW-vlCPI&feature=related
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My second week skiing, decide its time to try some off piste, tell my mates to watch and learn, cruise past the piste markers towards some promising looking soft stuff, immediately splatter into face plant leaving a trail of skis, poles woolly hat, etc. Embarassed
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
my missus skied the whole day in her brand new salomon jacket, complete with the shop tags still attached to the hood snd pocket zips flapping along behind her for all to see (except her) Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...learned to ski in Italy the 1980s. After days of being brained by chairlifts, bellowed at by irate lift attendants, caught like a fish in the Orange Net and stopped in tracks by straddling trees have to say the worst of all had to be the exotic (and only) toilet they had at the top of the mountain.

This consisted of a circular trough divided by swinging half-size doors into about 10 seperate stand-up stalls, not a pan between them. And a kind of continuous flushing contraption, which swept round the entire thing like a tidal wave without stopping.

Ok for the guys, but we ladies in our 1980s flourescent all-in-one ski suits had to disrobe, hoist our sleeves out of the vile treacherous hole in the floor, hoick our underwear into a convenient position and complete the mission before the flush tsumani reached the stall and drenched our rear-loading boots in toilet water.

Ever tried emerging from a toilet into a full restaurant hoisting your thermal drawers from round your ankles and squelching Italian Domestos from your socks...?!!

Ah well, hundreds of medicinal gluhweins later, we're still on the piste..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One of the stories above reminded me of an incident on my first ski holiday, when I was cross-country skiing.

I must have failed to properly insert one of my boots into the binding and on a downhill section of a trail one ski detached. With hindsight this provided an perfect demonstration of how putting all your weight on one ski automatically causes you to turn - I left the trail and continued on the remaining ski in an arc until I was going uphill when I fell over (luckily this was on an open hillside and not through a forest). Of course the detached ski continued downhill on the trail until it flattened out (cross country bindings don't have snow brakes) so it was some way down before I was re-united with it.
snow report
Somehow managed to end up holding on to a T-Bar with both arms in Kitzbuhel 8 years ago! Embarassed

I've never liked them since, even though I can use them properly now.
latest report
In Tignes last year we decided last minute that we had got on the wrong lift - thought we were on the long one which takes you right up the top on to ski back to Follie Douche. Anyway in the blind panic the 2 boarders I was with scrambled past me pinning me to the chair, somehow I ended up hanging by my chin and holding on for dear life as I was being dragged along under the lift with a gap of about 12 inches. The lift guy took his time stopping it. Terrifying for me but really funny for everyone else Embarassed
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/x9SYPcdQRnc
and

http://youtube.com/v/p8IworCc31I&list=FLJ5unHoGy0OlrBRXeZbw18g&index=46&feature=plpp_video
snow report
20 years ago failing to learn as an adult on the ski garden kinder lift slope in Lenzerheide. 100 yard long rope tow with tiny plastic blobs on the rope to aid grip. Lift powered by wheel at the base and its engine housed withing a palisade style fence with a little shelter build over the top on poles to keep the worst of the snow out. Around the circular palisade fence they had formed a wooden bench so the fance would act as the seat back. I came towards to the fence with my weight too far back, out of control on the endlessly long skis they used then. Ski tips went under the seat, struck the pallisade fence and catapulted me over the fence and into the internal workings of the kinder lift mechanism! Other moments exist, but none quite as spectacular and visually unrecorded {phew} as that incident.
latest report
Megamum wrote:
Other moments exist....

Including one at Hemel Snowdome I believe? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, Ssscchhhhh...............!!!

Any rumours that lift mechnisms are my undoing are def. exaggerated!!
latest report
I feel terrible about mine but.... in a snowpark in Val a couple of years ago, I was the last to set off down the run. Went over a kicker, and upon landing caught sight of what I thought was a friend waiting (lying down), off to the side of the piste a few feet down, so I proceeded to cover him with a big pile of snow as I stopped alongside. Only it wasn't him....it was some poor bloke who had just broken his leg Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy