Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Snowfall

Poster: A snowHead
As suggested by emwmarine a cheerfully light hearted or furiously serious competition to guess when the next major snowfall will hit the European Alps.

Since getting accurate measurements won't be possible (if it ever was), let's say more than 15cm to 30cm at 1800m in the West or 1500m on the east?

It's going to be tricky to adjudicate so either take it light heartedly or take it outside.

I'll kick of with 24 November.

wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 12-11-11 23:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK , 23rd November for me..... snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll take Sunday the 20th November
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
3rd December
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
25th November (please God)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
4 Jan Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
25th November for me... 15+ cm to hit Italy Cool

EDIT: Still within the rules and still a little optimistic! Wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 14-11-11 23:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
December 5th. 77cm will hit the Tirol region.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No prizes for being accurate in terms of cms snowfall or region.

Just a room broom approach. More than 15cm somewhere in European Alps.

No guesses within seven days. And no new guesses within seven days of initial guess.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
4th December

I would say 3rd, but that's been taken (assuming it's a sweepstake?).

By 4th I mean basically after I take off my skis at end of the PSB (so late afternoon 3rd), until 24hrs later. If we're allowed to be that accurate.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
21st November
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
50cms on the 20th November followed by another 50cms on the 9th December would be just the ticket for my early season trip.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The only prize is the date.

And er... there is no prize...

When will the next substantial snowfall occur (15 to 30 cm) at 1800m in the west and 1500m in the east?

How can we be that exact? We can't. You'll know it when you see it...

Point is when will it next go BANG!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
3rd December
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Savoie - 24 Nov for at least 15cm (as anything less is not enough - 6 inches in old money!) - might be an insignificant amount a couple of days early
ski holidays
20th Nov for me. Not sure where, but really don't mind, as long as it snows. snowHead
latest report
2nd December, Austria followed by Italy
snow report
The 28th November for me! It is a traditional day-ish wink

Plus it is a Monday - so it will start after midnight and cause chaos from my weekly commute into work and I won't be able to ski anything until the following Saturday by which time kooky will have skied out the fresh stuff! Laughing
snow conditions
5th December Very Happy
ski holidays
Latest wiggles are out ,LDA hilarious blue line activity at the end of run. Temps all over the place looking good at the moment for the December crowd wink
ski holidays
Does man made snow count? I'm thinking that's the only way it's going to snow in 11/11.

Went skiing this morning, this is the view of conditions from inside the "sky toilet" on Planai.Pooh!
latest report
Okay - 19th November looks like it's free, I'll take it!!
snow conditions
Maybe we could just rename this thread "Tell us when you've booked your first trip of the season"?

(10th December by the way)
snow conditions
There will be a heavy and continuous fall of snow over the Espace Killy on 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th of Nov. Clearing nicely for the 27th. I know this because today I've had to cancel the trip to the PSB as I managed to fcuk-up my shoulder this morning. AC clavicle separation.
latest report
I will go for 19th November as well
latest report
I think this is silly enough for even me to want to join in. I say it will start on 23rd Nov for a few days if it keeps getting colder. I skied the following weekend last year in loads of fresh snow so I want to do that again!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
12 December
ski holidays
My seaweed and pine cone weather predictor is saying loads of snow from Nov 28th. (fingers crossed) Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It WILL snow on Wed 30th November snowHead
ski holidays
December 15th, boy will panic have set in by then Toofy Grin
ski holidays
December 6th for me - this is my first ever post on this forum so it is bound to be right
ski holidays
Cold and dry, man made till the new year.
snow report
24th for me Very Happy
latest report
cantridepete, that's cheating, you have to say the 24th of what....
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Arriving on 17th December so panic is scheduled to start about 10th December for me
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, 15 Dec, god I really hope you are WRONG. When do you get out? Evil or Very Mad I hope to have been skiing for a few weeks by then Laughing
ski holidays
snowcrazy, .....papers this morning had this month as the dryest November for over 300 years, ie since records began. The weather cycles are really locked in high pressure at the moment although there's finally a depression moving in from the Atlantic tonight, bringing wet weather at last to the West and North. The usual cycle of cold winds from the East, alternating with water-laden depressions sweeping in from the West has just not been present. In 2001, I was staring up at green hills in Les2Alpes where there should have been snow. One run was open back to the town (Valentin, a nasty boiler-plate black on which beginners were crashing and burning). In 2006 I was doing gardening, at Christmas, in a tee shirt, at 1200m, including sweeping leaves and cutting grass, when I should have been digging snow off the steps. It looks to be the same this year. Fantasy snow may stay exactly that. Some long range pundits are predicting a good year, based on the behaviour of the North Atlantic Oscillation and the La Nina/El Nino cycle. In Switzerland, the squirrels aren't burying their nuts (according to some in the village) and that means a mild winter with little snow. Unless the tree-rats have a pact with God how the F do they know? Or perhaps they do indeed have Deep Wisdom. All I can think of at the moment is; THERE'S NO FFFFING SNOW!!!!!!!! AND THERE SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
On the balcony at Christmas, by the fire at Easter. I hope the squirrels remember that.
ski holidays
valais2, ...I've just talked to one of the local squirrels. Didn't get very far, obviously, but they confirmed that it's not snowing anywhere.
snow report
Hmm 10 day forecast for Bourg st Maurice is saying rain and +2 for Wednesday 23th, so that'll be snow higher up??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy