Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot Preacher (or) Zag Big

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skiied the Zag and can offer a comparison?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Zag Big is a great all round ski and really quite radical when it first came onto the market. The ski construction was revamped after bankruptcy and the latest Bigs have more torsion and have better durability. Its a piece of cake to ski, really effortless,responsive, carves beautifully on piste, great in the powder and handles well on moguls. Is not good in icy conditions. Sorry I haven't tried the Preacher,maybe someone else can offer their opinion which will give you some idea.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love the Preacher. Do a search on here and you'll find a couple of right-ups by myself.

Unfortunately i haven't skied the Zag Big so can't offer a comparison but i don't think you can go wrong with the Preacher.

Most importantly Frosty what do you want them for? Is it a one ski quiver, pow days only etc.
And how do you ski?
Might allow a more informed response from someone who knows both ski's
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fr0sty, Own a pair of Zag Bigs (168) and will be stepping out onto my new WD Preachers (179) in a couple of weeks so will be able to offer a proper comparison then.

I'm a go anywhere type of skier and prefer off piste and I took the Zags with me on a 4 month tour of North American and Canadian resorts and had a blast on them. As now260, says they are a piece of cake to ski - super turny and float well in deep snow. For me, it took a while to get used to them as they are not as stiff as I would have liked initially and hence not great when it's too hard or icy. I'd say a great all rounder as if you want to push them you do get rewarded (especially on piste) but are equally fun if you want to relax a bit more.

I've bought the Preachers because I want more float in the soft stuff and something a tad stiffer that I hope will help my skiing improve even more . I'll keep the Zags for sure as they are simply a lot of fun.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Whitedot is prettier in the lift up
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cynic, still not sure how I feel about the lime green yet!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatmansan, Think 1970s Lamborghini miura its only a fashion thing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cynic, liking your way of looking at it.......
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatmansan, Victory of fashion over function
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy