Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot Redeemers or Directors?

Poster: A snowHead
I currently have a park setup and touring setup and I'm looking for a big mountain resort ski. I can't decide between the Whitedot Redeemers or the Directors. Are the redeemers too fat? My current set up is 115mm underfoot and they are 128mm. I am also worried that the 107mm underfoot on the directors won't be enough. I will be using this ski for good snow conditions mostly. I also don't know what length to get. I am 70kg and about 181cm tall. The redeemers are available in 180 or 190 and the directors come in 178 or 188. Does anyone have experience with these skis?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm, allways a difficult choice! To be honest you'll win either way, the 107mm Director is a pretty sweet size for all but the deepest days, its got a fairly beefy rocker on it so you won't struggle for float and it works nicely on the piste aslong as it not bullettproof. The Redeemers on the other hand are definately a big ski but once you get on them they don't feel it, and they'll work fine on piste once you tune into them. Know I'm a bit biased but the Red is my favourite ski for tooling around Hemel snowdome on!

Guess you've got to be honest and ask yourself a few questions, if you're after a ski that works nicely on a pow day but you'll be skiing about 50% piste 50% pow then go for the Directors, if you're after something to be more BC focused then don't be afraid to go Redeemer (and if you allready ski 115mm under foot then its not really that much of a step up) and you'll reap the rewards (esp mounting then with the marker schizo....switch pow a gogo!). Feel free to drop me a PM with any q's as I've (obviously!) skiied both model extensively, Paul
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the_doc is obviously the man here but my take is the other factor is how much skiing you do. Are you based in a resort, how many days of soft v hard/variable snow do you get in in a year?

If you ski everyday there will be more days when you'd take a Redeemer out proportionately because you'll get more comfortable with it than if you're a holiday skier who keeps it for powder days.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
shredding_gnar, Just got my Redeemers and had them fitted with QK's ready for Pow days, rest of the time will be bezzing about on Mantras with Marker Dukes as a cross-over. Once happy with Redeemers, never yet skid a rocker ski and after seeing how they go on/ off piste will make decision beyond that point. Cant wait!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^^ v.good point!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
shredding_gnar, Forgot to mention theres a 191 pair of Redeemers for sale on here, post went up yesterday............worth a go at £400.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can't comment on the skis, but I'm a similar size to you (little shorter, little heavier) and you definitely want the big size.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, I live about a 20 min bus ride from a resort and I ski around 80 or 90 days a season. I think I will go with the 190 redeemers and some griffon schizos. Thanks for the help everyone!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shredding_gnar,welcome to the WD club!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ishredding_gnar, I have a pair for sale 190 redeemers unmounted .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
meandrew, I actually just became a rep for whitedot and I can get then incredibly cheap. But I'm curious, how much do you want for them?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Know I'm a bit biased but the Red is my favourite ski for tooling around Hemel snowdome on!

really...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
4shredding_gnar, 400 which is what I paid.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret wrote:
Quote:

Know I'm a bit biased but the Red is my favourite ski for tooling around Hemel snowdome on!

really...

Yup, not saying it rips like a slalom or anything, but to quote TGR "riding my fat skis is a bit like masturbation, you know its bad by why stop when its so much fun??"
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markymark29 wrote:
shredding_gnar, Just got my Redeemers and had them fitted with QK's ready for Pow days, rest of the time will be bezzing about on Mantras with Marker Dukes as a cross-over. Once happy with Redeemers, never yet skid a rocker ski and after seeing how they go on/ off piste will make decision beyond that point. Cant wait!!

I have just got EXACTLY the same setup Smile (184 Mantras, 190 Redeemers, QK's) - save for the fact that I have Barons instead of Dukes.

Looking forward to testing the Redeemers out in Revelstoke, Banf and Japan this season!
snow conditions
Touchguru, Great stuff eh? On 3rd pair 184cm Mantras, brilliant. Will be ripping around in St Anton 3x and Verbier this season and big trip to Japan hopefully 2013. Have fun! Very Happy
snow conditions
Markymark29, great stuff!! I am in Verbier for almost the whole of March so let me know if you are around and we can go for a hoon.
snow conditions
Touchguru, Only there 18-25 Feb, you there then? Be good to meet if you about?
snow conditions
Markymark29, I am not unfortunately. One of the few weeks this season that I am in the UK. Have a cracking time there and in St Anton - was meant to go there in Jan this year for the first time but had a bad smash in Verbier in December which cancelled that for me. Another year though!
snow report
the_doc,
Quote:

Yup, not saying it rips like a slalom or anything, but to quote TGR "riding my fat skis is a bit like masturbation, you know its bad by why stop when its so much fun??"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
the_doc, I hope I feel like that about my Preachers Very Happy
latest report
Laughing
latest report
Just wanted to provide some feedback for the WD guys and also for anyone thinking about buying some Redeemers.............

Got back from St Anton, early hours today after 3 days skiing off-piste and first time on my new Redeemers, also my mate was debuting his, same ski. We both absolutely cant praise them enough, just brilliant on the big runs in deep powder and mash the crud when lower, no issues at all. I was slightly hesitant about leaving my Mantras in the rack when I set out on Sunday after a great Saturday on them but was soon totally ripping with the Redeemers. Jon fitted us up with Quiver Killers, these too are excellent, change over of the Dukes took 10 mins, and never looked back, the Redeemers are awesome, great skis, they also got plenty of looks from the locals as we bashed the powder!!...............well done White Dot, 10/10. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Markymark29, thanks for the review. Always great to hear when someone is enjoying their skis.

Exciting times at Whitedot at the moment. We are finalising the look of the range for next year whilst working on prototypes for the near future.

Can't wait to get to some snow myself this season, won't be on it until after xmas (later than normal) Mad
latest report
Quote:

whilst working on prototypes for the near future.

Come on - you've got to give us some hints after dropping that!
ski holidays
clarky999, some very cool new super light materials and some fishy type shapes wink All will be reveled in due course. Madeye-Smiley.
ski holidays
Interesting - looking forward to hearing more!
snow report
Interesting - looking forward to hearing more!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dot. wrote:
clarky999, some very cool new super light materials

Very Happy
snow conditions
Dot., steady now, the walls have ears.
latest report
eeeaaasy tiger! Besides....mine should be in the post now wink
snow conditions
midgetbiker, the_doc, listen you two, we need to tell the world we're making a funky surfboard type ski that nobody has done before and we're using kryptonite in our new models Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Dot. wrote:
midgetbiker, the_doc, listen you two, we need to tell the world we're making a funky surfboard type ski that nobody has done before and we're using kryptonite in our new models Toofy Grin

kryptonite eh? - on a technical point, is that going to cause me problems when skiing with my Superman skivvies on?
snow conditions
...and back to the topic....
I've only unleashed my Redeemers on deep (but rather heavy!) pow at the moment for which they were great; are you saying that actually I should grow a pair and ski round on them on the harder stuff too?
latest report
stuarth, I'm saying nothing about your pair............... but the_doc is

seriously though (if possible) they'll work better than you'ld think, but they're no slalom ski..............for that you need Preachers Laughing
snow report
midgetbiker wrote:
stuarth, but they're no slalom ski..............for that you need Preachers Laughing

I have them too Very Happy
I'm hoping that one of your protoypes is a slightly stiffer, perhaps with slightly rockered tips, slightly less sidecut, carbon on-top (not sure I really need this but it sounds good and goes with my first request!) version of the preachers - if you need someone to try them out you sort of know where I am... wink
latest report
stuarth, we had fun on them on borderline boilerplate pistes in the Dolomites earlier this year. They definitely require some mods to technique but then more than manageable
snow conditions
stuarth wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:
stuarth, but they're no slalom ski..............for that you need Preachers Laughing

I have them too Very Happy
I'm hoping that one of your protoypes is a slightly stiffer, perhaps with slightly rockered tips, slightly less sidecut, carbon on-top (not sure I really need this but it sounds good and goes with my first request!) version of the preachers - if you need someone to try them out you sort of know where I am... wink

A carbon/light-weight Director would make my wallet feel very very scared...
snow report
you are not drawing me here - goodnight
latest report
First pictures of Whitedots new product line breaks cover on Snowheads...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82903&start=40#1924166
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy