Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Serre Chevalier 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
hi guys... sorry diddn't reply before. I was up at monetier les bains on 3/4 dec and had a good time on the unridden snow! piste was thin at the mid station but up at the top (yret?) it was good.

(all irelevent now though..)

I am going back again 17/18 dec so will do a proper report then.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
10cm of fresh this morning and snowing again! oh the joy! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed at Hotel Du Bez twice.... good value, good food, comfy bed, great spot for the bubble car...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowangel. wrote:
10cm of fresh this morning and snowing again! oh the joy! snowHead

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and another 5cm last night and still snowing this morning! off to work i go on foot! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy can't wait for the end of jan when I come out to serre for my first ski trip!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tomb,

Please leave some snow for me and my family, as we're there for our first trip a few weeks later!!!

In all seriousness, these snow reports only add to my excitement...

Chemistry
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haha will do... I'm just as excited, I have a serre chevalier app on my phone which I check numerous times daily!! I'm definately more excited about skiing than Xmas!!!! Very Happy

Also I take it we are looking at a good season for skiing now aren't we? I've checked the weather thread but it goes right over my head with all those graphs and charts Puzzled
They should really have a laymans weather thread for people like me!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tomb, one would hope so but you never know what the next month will bring, a dry month could change everything, however i severly hope not!
been snowing all day now still snowing with a massive storm on the way for tomorrow and saturday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snow reports have at east 60cm of snow this week alone but i bet it's way more than this. It'll be happy with a solid base come January as they piste preparation is very very good at Serre Chevalier, whoever is heading out next week/xmas is going to have a blast. enjoy!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yobaby, that will be me then snowHead . I'll try and get some photos on here today if I can from some friends already out there.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Latest update from X-peak http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83563
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pictures of the road conditions in the area. The final one in the series is at the entrance to the village of Monetier-les-Bains. The Col is closed to traffic until 18h tomorrow. Anyone travelling is advised to go via the Fréjus tunnel and the Col du Montgenevre.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, why not go via Gap*, be a damn site cheaper as you don't have to pay the extortionate toll, and time wise not a lot in it, plus if the weather is really bad then the Col du Montgenenvre could well be shut due to avalanches like it was year before last?

*ok will be very heavy tourist traffic - actually thinking about it must be quicker?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Weathercam, I've done that journey myself ,as I had to, I was going to Grenoble hospital to visit hubby and the Col was shut. Montgenevre and Frejus are IMO a better option, despite the toll. Very long and very slow. Using the tunnel and Monty was also the official advice being given on the Haute-Alpes website at the time.
snow report
Hells Bells, like I say could be a bit of a bummer if you go that route haveto pay 60€ ** plus, maybe well more now, and then find that the Col du Mont is shut!
Like I said couple of years back with large volumes of snow it was shut for a long time as they could not work out how best to resolve it.

Again, some of the above is based on bar talk Happy

** pretty sure we paid nigh on 96€ return when driving to Trois Vallees
ski holidays
You can easily phone to find out conditions before you get that far. Number is on Serre Che website, and I give it to all my guests before they leave home. It is in French though
When Monty was shut that time, I think the Lauteret was open for most of it. A snowHead reported on his journey from Turin via Frejus and the Lauteret. We actually came via Col Bayard one Christmas Eve, as we were at Vizille before they closed the Lauteret , it added at least 1.5 hours onto an already long trip.
snow conditions
Sorry been slack on what's been going on. Friday it snowed heavily putting down a good 30cm here then at chalet level it rained on top of it making it heavy and horrid! Today it's been snowing all day ans is still doing so. 30cm possibly more came up to my knees on the way up my drive.
I'm actually now at the point when I want it to stop snowing even for a little bit!
snow conditions
Hi there,

Pretty new here to the forum - snow angel your reports make me happy. I have a holiday home in Gap and am coming over on the 27th. Give it all a little time to settle and then it should be perfect for me!!!!!

very excited and thank you for the updates.

Dave
ski holidays
Enjoy the xmas week people, wish i was there but will be soon enough. Here's a question for the locals and Snowangel.

Someone informed me that VAT in France is going up on the first of Jan and suggested i buy tickets online. I'm basically being quoted 310 for a 9 day Galaxy pass which will be posted to london. Seeing as we're away and will only have a one day stopover before we head out to serre chevalier I'm concerned that if they don't arrive or go missing then it'll be a mission to get replacements in Serre Chevalier. I guess what I'm asking is whether it's worth going through this online, is the saving is minimal? or easier to buy once I'm there?

Many thanks!
latest report
yobaby, Do you not have any Keycards from other trips or other resorts you could use to charge up your pass online without relying on the post?
snow report
Saving will be 1.5cents in the pound (going up from 5.5 to 7%). So not a huge amount for peace of mind.
snow conditions
Hi HB, yes i do have the old card laying about in one of my many jackets (I have a jacket fetish - it's a problem...)
That would be the best way around it i guess, good shout!
snow report
yobaby wrote:
(I have a jacket fetish - it's a problem...)

You are my SO and I claim my €5.... Laughing
latest report
yobaby, It has been delayed not sure till when so prices will be staying the same. Although we are waiting for final confirmation of this you cannot imagine the problems this will cause if we can not sell tickets on 31st for the 1st!
snow conditions
some shots from the opening of chantemerle

and a photo from last night at my house! my two broken down cars!

snowHead
latest report
snowangel., was that blue sky from today?
ski holidays
Looks awesome, so excited I think in gonna explode!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh my!!!

Hi Snowangel, just a quick question with regards to adding days to last years card, I'm thinking I'll probably need to head to a ticket office to validate this when i arrive? Last years card stipulates 2011 on it and doesn't have my name on it either. In the unlikely event that i lose this card on the way there will it be possible to replace it?
snow conditions
rob@rar, no they were all from opening day at chantemerle, not had the chance to get up since, this aint no holiday living here believe me!
yobaby, if you recharge a lift pass on line you put in the number of the card then the first time you go through the barrier at the chair lift it will go in to action for this year even though it has the in formation on it from last year. if you charge it and loose it, i'm not sure what would happen and can imagine it being an absolute nightmare! make sure you print off and bring with you any confirmation of purchase they give you online. i'm not very ofay with the online procedure apart from what i've told you.
why not just come and see us a the ticket office? we dont bite you know Very Happy
latest report
Thanks snowangel! I may just do that, seems hardly worth the hassle to save the odd euro due to VAT increases.
snow conditions
snow and high winds this morning, the roads were like sheet ice yesterday am hoping my walk to work will be less dangerous this morning! Looking like the vat increase will be happening, how i'm not looking forward to work the 31st!
snow conditions
Beautiful sunny day with only a light breeze. Pistes were perfect. Off-piste looks very wind-blown after 100kph winds on Christmas Eve. Good to finally get the skis back on.
latest report
Looking forward to getting back to Serre Che in January! Keep the reports coming, please!
snow report
Will be there from 7 Jan - look forward to more reports and snow!
snow report
Looking at the forecasts could be a hard drive up from Grenoble to LG on Friday with heavy snow from 800ms, and few days ago forecast was not looking to bad for the Saturday (no snow), now that's changed with heavy snow which could well mean that the Col might be shut, though suspect that they might try and keep it open as it's transfer day at least during daylight hours.

Anyway not good as we're due to be spending New Years Eve at Mojos - in fact just spoken to Tim (he was on a chairlift) and he's finding some nice untracked in the trees.

I did predict all this would happen as I can't ski on this trip and that sods law would be invoked.

Have to find out if Chazalet is open if we can't get over the Col so the Mrs can ski as she doesn't fancy doing LG on her own Confused
ski holidays
Much much busier today, the holiday season has definitely arrived.What are all these people doing on my mountain?
Pistes are in excellent condition, but off-piste is pretty wind-blown and hard, so that fresh stuff will be very welcome Weathercam.
snow conditions
its snowing! snowHead
snow report
Oh yes it is
latest report
My turn to report gleefully that it has been dumping all day!!!
Incredibly windy and cold, but the fresh powder is amazing.
It is forecasted to continue to do so through tonight and tomorrow.
Absolutely brilliant day in Serre Chevalier, and I am VERY sad that tomorrow is my last day here.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy