Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Serre Chevalier 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Looks nice. Anyone out there from 17th Dec? I've not booked anything yet but I might do depending on how things go. I've been to SC once so far the season before last but only managed 4 ski days. Really enjoyed it though so it's time to go back soon to get a proper week in, just a case of when really.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VolklAttivaS5, not out there until the 24th this year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells, ah ok, yep if I went I would have to be home in time for Christmas Day.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serre Chevalier will be open for the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of December , http://www.serre-chevalier.com/ouverture-le-03-decembre/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It will only be the Monetier-les-Bains sector that is open though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Picture today of Monetier lift.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Small video of the pistes above Monetier which will open on Saturday and Sunday (above 2000m).

http://youtube.com/v/4ZGnuD845u4
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
looks pretty good. I was going to be going to Montgenevre but sinc they cancelled their opening I'll be heading up to monetier.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ractys, let us know how it was !

Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow report anyone? Appears to have dumped on the weekend with more to follow till Wednesday..
Please god may it be better than last year…!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yobaby, it was far better than most other places last year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What she said Laughing

Hells Bells, we're flying in to Grenoble Dec 30th renting a car and then driving up to La Grave staying in the "honey moon" suite at the Edelweiss* then spending New Years at Mojos in Serre crashing on Mel & Tims floor then back to LG for a couple of days before going up to Tignes (long drive) to see my daughter then back to Grenoble.

Elaine will be skiing, and your truly will be chilling as no way can I ski still, not even cross country - tomorrow meeting a local kiter who reads by weather blog but who also read the Serre blog and have been emailing me various questions, and they too (only found out today) are coming out to Serre on the 30th !

And this from Robin today who runs the Edelweiss in LG "At least finally we have had some snow, well over about 1900m-2000m - I then replied saying the charts show quite unsettled weather for the rest of the week - and then he came back with "weather is probably right, but I have noticed a rise in freezing level from 1200 on Wednesday this week to around 3600 from next Monday for two or three days?! Via ferrata is good..."

*long story but basically I'm doing their website
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What i meant was a better all round season than last years, could do with some fresh snow during a 2 week holiday period!!
Snow forecast does seem to have more variable temps this week but as long as that base keeps getting buttered up week by week then minimal complaints right?
Is it currently dumping there right now Bells Hells?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam, we should be arriving 23/24th, departing Jan 5th, just trying to sort out the logistics stuff with son who lives in Reading, as he has an appointment on the afternoon of 23rd which he's having difficulty re-arranging. Not sure what we will be doing for New Year yet, son no 1 will be going back on the 30th by train. Fingers crossed for the good stuff. yobaby, as I'm not out there yet i have no idea, and haven't spoken to anyone recently.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yobaby, having spent all season here last year and for the last 7 years, I dont really understand what your moaning about? last year might have been a dry year but the pistes were superb, and it did snow during the holidays, i know i was stuck at work! Not that i had a great off piste season but friends here were riding off piste ALL season. No where in france had a particularly fabulous season, but we certainly weren't the worst many stations ended up putting there staff on technical chomage, that didn't happen here!

Anyway just popped in to say HI, been a while! Snowreport! Well, after the amazing 30cm dump in october there hasn't been much activity! We did open at monetier this weekend i'm told it was great skiing ( i didn't go up to much to do ) It snowed sunday night down to 1800m and there are currently a few white fluffy flakes falling although i dont think this snow will make much difference!
Mountain due to open entirely this weekend, nothing is confirmed it may yet just be monetier.

snowdance please snowHead
snow report
snowing more now Very Happy
snow conditions
snowangel., Very Happy Very Happy . I will be snow dancing every day up until Christmas.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, make sure the dance only works in France and not the hills in County Durham when I drive to Bishop to work
snow conditions
chrisb, drive to Bishop to work myself, so I will do my very best.
latest report
whooooopie! about 5-8cm on my drive way, trees heavy with snow lovely lovely white white valley! Stuck at home, landy needs a new clutch and dont yet have the other cars snow tyres! oh the joy of waiting till the last minute cos i got no dosh!
Still snowing as i type. bring on saturday! snowHead
ski holidays
err.. snowangel I'm not sure why you're going on the defensive here (possibly because you live there?) but my post hardly sounds like a moan, it's stating the obvious that last year was a poor snow season in ALL of europe and nothing to do with Serre Chevalier in particular. I wouldn't be heading back this year if it was that dire, I'm just hoping for a deeper base.. thanks for the snow report, thats why i keep checking back here, pretty excited for the next 6 weeks.
snow report
snowangel., snowHead
snow report
Thinking of a Serre Chevalier trip the coming March... Never been, heard only good things!
ski holidays
junglist_matty, March is a great time to go IMO.
latest report
Yep... I'm going to book it after xmas; pretty much guaranteed to be going now... Probably the first week in March, going to head to the UCPA centre out there so its nice and cheap Wink
snow report
anyone got any images or know of any good web cam of serre chev? apart from the official page (www.serre-chevalier.com)????
snow report
yobaby, it was the fact that on one page you mentioned how terrible a season it was god knows how many times. still as you say cant have been to bad if your coming back!

junglist_matty, 1st week in march is school holidays, expect it to be a little busy!

still snowing snowHead
latest report
Thanks snowangel... I'll definitely go when its not school holidays so thanks for pointing that out!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tomb, esf in Monetier http://www.esf-serrechevalier1500.com/pratique/webcam/webcam.php

Chez Serre Chevalier webcam http://www.chezserrechevalier.co.uk/webcam/

We did consider putting one on our terrace, but it was hard to get the right angle without intruding on others.
ski holidays
Damn holidays have squeezed our annual trip to only 4 weeks* as the hols extend to Mar 10 (high season prices) - I'm not doing that first week in March again, just can't cope with how busy everywhere was - in March this year, spent just a couple of hours on the piste and then never went on it again that week, see that weeks blog here http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weekone.html just goes to show what else you can do!

And take note, that second week in March (March 10th) onwards prices will be very very good, loads of bargains to be had if it's anything like this past season.

SNOW SNOW SNOW was at the end of my friends email last night - he's over the Col in La Grave

* I know life's tough
snow conditions
Weathercam, hate to tell you but it is even worse in 2013, French hols don't finish until about the 16th March !! http://www.education.gouv.fr/cid28961/mene0914826a.html
ski holidays
Hells Bells, well my enforced rest/rehab will have to extend for a few more days then Crying or Very sad

I thought the French hols finished Mar 10 according to this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76752

Mind you looking at that link you posted they do more or less finish the weekend of the 10th - you sure you're not looking at 2013 - or just trying to wind me up Laughing
snow report
Weathercam, I did say it was 2013.
latest report
snow report
My family and I had a great trip to Serre Chevalier last Jan it was very quiet and even though the snow was a bit sparce the skiing was great. Can anyone tell me how busy it is over Xmas and New Year?
ski holidays
joshua, Christmas is OK, not too bad, but it does get rammed for a few days over New Year with Italians up for the weekend.Quietens down soon after though, and slopes are empty on New Years morning until lunchtime.
snow report
Best snow depths in the French Alps. http://www.skiinfo.fr/bulletin-neige/france-EFR-233-fr.jhtml . Opening day tomorrow.

Very Happy
snow report
well what can i say, snowHead first day up the hill, more off piste today than i did all last season! bit sparce at serre ratiere (but still ridable) and also the link from prorel back to serre ratier. Pistes i did (which i dont think i managed a whole one!) were very nice apart from where i mentioned. the rest was just pow pow pow! I do have some photo's wish it wasn't such a pain in the butt to put pictures on here but if i can be bothered i'll post some later. All in all great start to the season, best i've had for a few years and cant wait to get back up there. Am in Chantemerle all season at the ticket office so say hi if your up our way!
latest report
10 cm fell today in the valley! more due during the week, christmas week is looking very nice indeed snowHead
ski holidays
snowangel., what I like to hear.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy