Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Mjox, chin up!

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Val-Thorens/6day/top

Better than nothing eh.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Courchevel confirmed to open on Saturday 3rd but basically only one run open (Verdons) and all man made. The lift will be free and so will parking.
Few centimetres forecast for the weekend and early next week so fingers crossed.....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret wrote:
I am out on the 9th and the Mottaret webcams are looking pretty grim... fingers crossed but i recon there will be a bit coming in ..

I hope you've got some good tips on improving my golf swing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like a little bit of snow tonight, then on and off through to Tuesday with potentially a fair dump on Sunday evening... Is this the start?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bobmcstuff wrote:
Looks like a little bit of snow tonight, then on and off through to Tuesday with potentially a fair dump on Sunday evening... Is this the start?

Hope so....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Following the decision to postpone the planned opening this weekend, Méribel have announced that the resort will open next Saturday 10th December. Temperatures are expected to fall next week, allowing greater production of artificial snow. Some natural snowfall is also expected over the coming week. The links to the rest of the Three Valleys are also expected to open on 10th December.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
YAY .... IT'S SNOWING !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Patch, at what altitude? In Villarlurin?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, From around 1700m ... just put a quick update here www.talesfromthesavoy.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Patch, thanks.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Finally a start to the snow. I suppose it will need plenty to cover some of the rocky runs higher up but colder temperatures will show just how good the snow making system is in the area. I hope it is good as I will be there in 14 days. No damn warm winds now please wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The snowfall might be stopping in a few days (in Val Thorens), but the forecast at least shows a nice cold (never breaching the 0 mark) next 7 days, dropping anywhere as low as -16ºc, and the wind speeds are dropping, which should at least keep the newly accumulated snow on the ground.

Hopefully they can top up any of the lesser covered areas with the snow cannons, and give a decent base from which to build from in the coming weeks.

Thank god, I was getting very worried about the poor snow levels.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
S3V reporting 6in of fresh snow on Saulire. Webcam at Signal and Altiport look encouraging. Forecast for more on Wed, and getting VERY cold at the weekend - for my arrival!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Meribel is looking very grey / snowy today!

http://www.meribel-webcams.com/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm, strange white fluffy flakes spotted falling out of the sky & lying on the ground in Bozel (845m) this morning, this is most unusual (for this year anyway..).. If anyone has lost them could they pick them up!
ski holidays
More seriously, a word of (unwarranted I'm sure) warning for those coming out next week - whatever it does this week there will be effectively no base on or off piste (yes even with cannons... they have hardly run this year due to the temps). Caution (and an old pair of skis) is probably advisable!
latest report
offpisteskiing, let's hope the forecast snow keeps coming and starts to build that base. I presume they will not open too much this weekend to help protect some of the pistes and prepare them ready for the busier Christmas and then much busier New Year week?
ski holidays
Keep those local reports coming; they are much appreciated by us lot back in Blighty !!
snow report
offpisteskiing,
Quote:

More seriously, a word of (unwarranted I'm sure) warning for those coming out next week - whatever it does this week there will be effectively no base on or off piste (yes even with cannons... they have hardly run this year due to the temps). Caution (and an old pair of skis) is probably advisable!

Good advise, I am trying to tell my lad the same thing, he arrives La Tania Weds, but is desperate to get out on the new skis Shocked nice to see the snow on the cameras when I was droppng gear off 10 days ago it still felt a little like summer sitting in the sun at La Tania
snow report
snow falling on the webcams in La Tania now. Still looks as though it needs plenty more though. I always reckon that once the lid on the swimming pool has been properly covered things are improving. Mind you the bloke who does the videos on the website will tell us all in a couple of days I expect.
snow conditions
We'll be out on the 18th and hoping to try our new skis. Please keep the reports coming as it sounds like we might have to make the tough decision of bringing the old 'uns Sad
ski holidays
Gadge, i will be out on the 18th as well, will just be hiring skis though
ski holidays
Just spoke to John at 3 valleys transport who is sitting in his office in La Tania and he says they've had about 3 inches of snow this morning already. Certainly could do with more but it's a start (if a little late for some). I'm in 1850 from the 8th of Jan so hope it keeps falling.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 6-12-11 12:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Hi chrisb,

Bringing the new ones and being prepared to hire might be an option too. Always the optimist! Where abouts are you staying? We're in Le Praz - not expecting snow down there - but if there's snow in Le Tania...

Usually in Tignes this week so at least we've given the snow a bit more time!
Gary
snow report
1350 this morning.

from Crystal Skis facebook page.
snow report
Thanks shoogly, nice to see that!
ski holidays
Gadge, in la tania and the forecast for the next day or so looks promising. If La Tania does not open the bus should be running up to 1850. Just need on piste that week as out with the kids. If you do not like your new skis just give me a shout and I will try them for you Toofy Grin
snow report
chrisb, unlike French cars, which I believe come pre-dented, I like my skis unused. But thanks for the offer Toofy Grin
Will keep doing the snow dance...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://livecam.lesmenuires.com/

This looks a bit more like it in les menuires. Need lots of soft fluffy snow to fall in. No hard icy pistes ala last year's brokewn collar bone rolling eyes
snow conditions
It's looking much more promising in Les Menuires now. According to the LM website they may have 3V links open on Satuday. Lets hope the snow that is forecast over the next 48 hours materialises for those of you going over this weekend. I have to wait until the 22nd.

Translated quote from the les Menuires site;

"The current snowfall and lower temperatures confirms the opening of the ski area Saturday, December 10. There is now 35 cm above 2300 m altitude.

The service of the ski lifts and slopes have confirmed the opening of the Great Lake areas, Roc des Marches, Becca and are optimistic about a much wider opening of the ski area of Les Menuires, and even that of the 3 Valleys.

It's snowing now and with snowfall announced by Météo France the station will open next Saturday probably more sectors than those mentioned above.

With regards to Saint Martin de Belleville, the opening is being delayed. Shuttles will be put in place to ensure links with Les Menuires. The slopes of St. Martin will open as soon as snow permits.

The weekend of December 10/11 winter promises to be both friendly and ...: a welcome coffee / croissant will be available .

We will post on the afternoon of Thursday, December 8th a new listing of information and the ski slopes confirmed. Details will also be made on routes to Val Thorens and the 3 Valleys."
latest report
Anyone wishing to see a current snow height update in la Tania Go to www.latania.co.uk click on snow report on left hand side and see the post at 423 woop woop I think some people say!
ski holidays
So relieved to see snow! We're off to VT on Friday... but offpisteskiing now has me wondering whether I should bother with my new shiny skis, or whether they're just likely to get destroyed Shocked

Mrs M.
snow report
Me too, Monium - MrsFE and I both have sparkly new pairs for this season...we'll take them and see what the conditions look like. Not going to stray off-piste, that's for sure - but will hire in resort if need be...
snow report
My colleagues are in LT now setting up for opening and have emailed me regularly through the day with updates Evil or Very Mad ....but on the other hand Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Monium,

In val thorens you should be fine ,into the lower slopes in meribel more is needed and might come in the next few hours, depends on the snow line it could rise tomorrow over 1500 , fingers crossed it stays cold
snow report
Whilst it's been snowing on and off for a couple of days now, even down to the valley floor, as offpisteskiing said, there will be very little base.

Howver, it's still coming, and a bigger dump expected tomorrow
ski holidays
From what I can see on the cams, Meribel aren't using the canons - if they are opening on Saturday and it is cold, why not?!
latest report
johnlspencer, I`ll be arriving in Reberty on the 23rd, with brand new skis !! Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
Still big flakes coming down in Bozel - heavy snow forecast tomorrow too - happy days!
ski holidays
the webcams that have lights around seem to be showing its still dumping! Great news for everyone going out in the near future and i suspect over the christmas period. Role on 14th Jan for my trip, hopefully with lots of the white stuff to play on
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy