Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair to halt free charges for Prepay Mastercard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've certainly heard that rumour, and wouldn't put it past them (where them = the airlines, not just the one that thrives on negative publicity). They would surely deny it, either way, because they're not going to give away tips as to how to save money are they. Only one way to find out... but don't play with flights you really might want... try booking something else multiple times and bailing out
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chocksaway,

Cookies defo crossed my mind (hence I browse flights at work and then book from home or vice-versa, and delete cookies regularly) but I was wondering if I could be even more cynical than that and assume that a high number of hits on a given flight would cause the price to increase, even if those hits didn't necessarily end up in a booking..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The cookies is only one way of identifying a User. Virtually every PC has a unique set of software/set up. Google: Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fair play to Ryan Air, I mean I hate paying for absolutely everything too but as a business model it's just unreal. Weren't they talking about trialling flights with standing space so they could cram more people in? Wanted to start charging people for using the toilet too right? Unreal!

Edit...plenty of support for the Publicity Stunt theories! Thank god for that, didn't fancy kickstarting the holiday with a standing-up flight!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 24-07-12 15:00; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nickski wrote:
The cookies is only one way of identifying a User. Virtually every PC has a unique set of software/set up. Google: Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt
Not quite true, there are ways to track user data without cookies, for instance HTTP eTags. One simple thing to try if you're worried ryanair are tracking your usage and setting prices based on that is to browse for flights using say IE and then book using a different browser, say Chrome. I doubt any tracking will work across different browsers on the same host PC. As for ryanair adjusting prices based on total number of unique people viewing a specific flight then that seem reasonable. If you are selling something and lots of people show interest then you'd be tempted to up the price. I think tracking an individual and increasing the price simply because they have shown interest but not booked is a bit unfair but at the end of the day you see the price before you accept it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BruisedCoccyx, I think the standing thing could happen on short haul flights providing the safety case can be met for ensuring passegers are secure, which with a 4 point harness, a head rest and possibly facing backwards may be possible. As for charging to use the facilities I think this was just a bid for extra PR (the first time this was mentioned by Mr O'L was when he was introducing on line check in only - to get his message out he used this as a headline grabber) The reason for my view is that aluminium and urine do not mix - in early types behind the toilets was often where the worst corrosion was - which is why loos on ac are now sealed plastic units - the back wall is not part of the aircraft.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

As for charging to use the facilities I think this was just a bid for extra PR

First time I saw it was him extracting the urine on BBC breakfast. Of course the media pick up on it, and it becomes fact. How many people really *DO* carry 1 1euro coin on a flight? or is it 1GBP to spend a penny/pound? can see many cairns being laid outside if they did Wink
But o'Lary knows this and gets the media and public to do the advertising for him. Bit like the Guardian, and Facebook, and...

Standing room? Well they'd have to make the overhead lockers higher, cos I can't stand under them. Nice try, but again it gets people talking about them Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andy wrote:
...... How many people really *DO* carry 1 1euro coin on a flight? or is it 1GBP to spend a penny/pound? .......

The euro, if you only want to euronate, Sterling for everything else. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos wrote:
Enough people are now using prepay mastercards to avoid the fee for paying for tickets that ryanair have introduced their are own prepay card and will start charging for prepaid mastercard. A few more hoops to jump through to avoid the £6 penalty per flight per pax just for paying for a ticket.

see the lovely ryanair take on this matter here.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-branded-prepaid-mastercard

The new ryanair card can be used from 4th Oct

Can keep using prepaid mastercards without fees until 1 nov.

This article seems to suggest in Ireland the new card will not be introduced until Nov 2012 and is first b eing rolled out to Germany, Spain and Italy, so a bit confusing.
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/customers-must-use-ryanair-debit-card-or-pay-extra-2877306.html

Yeah so Ryan Air have now launched their own Mastercard so we can't avoid the fees by using our own prepaid cards, which means I probably just won't book or fly with Ryan Air ever again.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was looking for information about Mastercard Prepaids and Ryaniar and this link was useful

http://ryanairmastercardprepaid.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps you too!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy