Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Tignes 2011/2012 snow report

Poster: A snowHead
I give up (probably). A few runs off Bollin wasn't what I'd hoped for today Smile

Been a great week overall, but I would so love to be here tomorrow. Have fun anyone arriving this weekend - enjoy my snow!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just you make sure you dont take any away when you leave wink

Reading back it sounds like theres been a massive dump over the past few days, be interesting to see where its blown to up on the mountain, could make for some interesting conditions.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 6-01-12 15:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doesn't look like much is moving at the moment, even though the sun's coming out! I can see a load of boarders walking up the slope near the Tichot chair - and a huge queue for the Bollin (?) chair, which must be the only thing open!

Snow is looking stunning, must be very frustrating waiting for the lifts to open.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well not quite over. Piccadilly, just got back from that walk up near the Tichot. The snow was great but it was a tough walk. Lovely last run of the holiday though Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks to be snowing pretty heavily again Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
well after a couple of games of 10 pin bowling, two grande bieres and a stunning club sandwich in the Loop, I finally noticed the Roset lift open (thats the free nursery slope in Le Lac) Ran to get my skis and boots and managed to get a couple of runs down. Calf deep powder to the side of the piste and had a right laugh including a stunning double eject - face plant (even if I do say so myself)

Cant leave this snow alone though! Am packing as we speak and my wife and I are working out how we can ski tomorrow morning before getting back to Geneva for a 6.25pm flight! (although its going to mean another days lift passes!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markoncarp, The service buses won't work - you could try Richard at Snowstar Transfers to saee if he has any spare places - mobile 06 71 32 49 66. He's based in Tignes and has a number of minibuses - folks may be prepared to share.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks chocksaway, but we have a car here already. Just working out what time we have to leave Tignes to make sure we get to our flight in time. I'm thinking we need to be away by 12.30 to be absolutely safe... Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markoncarp Dunno what the roads are like over there - but we have never taken more than 3 and a quarter hours to get to Geneva, even in bad traffic. It's typically 2 and a half hours these days.

Are you checked in online? If so, and the roads are anything resembling normal, you could park the car in the free car park at Les Brevieres (saving 15 mins from Val Claret parking) and ski until 2.45!!

OR: Why not park at the funicular at Bourg St Maurice and ski Les Arcs ? That way you are 30 mins nearer to GVA and could pull away about 3.15 wink !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict, GENIUS...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've noted that too, like it Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Left resort today at 3pm and fairly clear once over the dam. They have obviously worked hard to clear everything this morning. Heavy traffic until Moutier but roads fine after that. Back in just over a week but what a week I will miss Twisted Evil
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking absolutely perfect out there. Beautiful blue skies, no wind and lots of fresh powder.
Sadly I'm sat waiting for the coach Sad

Have a great day Markoncarp and anyone else up there today.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking stunning out there on the cams. All the lifts I can see are running .. apart from the Lanches chair for some reason.

Wish I was there..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing once again Very Happy Very Happy

You don't really want a report about this morning Confused - do you Puzzled
ski holidays
stewart woodward, time you got some fat skis wink .

ps, don't tell me you were out on on your new slalom skis Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Got out for a few hours yesterday morning. Skied down to Breviers and around the top of the Palafor lift. Managed to get some lovely untracked powder which had me, my wife and kids whooping all the way down each run.

Have to say that despite the black flag day and the rather poor vis on a couple of the days, the b.uebird days more than made up for it.

3 weeks until a weekend in the PdS but I am sad to say goodbye to Tignes and the EK for a year at least Sad
ski holidays
Fantastic time in the Lac/Claret area this morning, only been once before, last year and it was hardpack, totally different today, plenty of fresh snow on piste. There was always somewhere with a bit of sun and blue sky, although it was quite changeable, windy and cloudy one moment, sunny and calm the next, still, if it stays like this all week we will be happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I read in The Times Travel supplement today that the French Police are / were placing a 9pm curfew to drinks in Val d'Isere - is this for real?
snow conditions
Nick-o, typo - should read 9 a.m.
latest report
Nick-o, at 6 Euros a pint, they probably have everyone's best interests at heart.......

Awesome blue sky day, fantastic sun, even my instructor stopped at 9am at the top of Palafour to take a photo, and they live in resort, so it must have been a good day!

Not too much wind, even ditched a layer at lunchtime, so cant have been too cold.

"Fab" "Bostin", those are the words chosen by our party when I asked how we should describe the weather today......
ski holidays
Nick-o, Panic ye not - it was only the night of the big storm - they wanted everbody home. It really was that evil and I suspect it was mostly to protect the non French from dying of the cold. A wise decision me thinks
latest report
mmmm.... It's a bit quiet on here. I just know that you're all too busy enjoying the snow and sunshine.

Pah! (planning my return Evil or Very Mad)
ski holidays
Yes been too busy enjoying the glorious conditions. The past 5 days have been amazing. Sunday was the only day that was not perfect but even then it was only a little low lying cloud.

Both sides of the Espace Killy are providing great sport. Best runs on the tignes side are the top of Sache (before the moguls), Double M and the off piste just to the right of it.

Done a load of off piste off the tichot lift as it is near my hotel(after I have ditched the wife around 4 pm every day) and though it is tracked out a bit there is still some powder to be found over near 'Golf'.

The motte cable has not been running so only went up on the funicular but prefer the Lanches less of a wait.

A wee freshen up would be nice for the people coming in the next few weeks.
ski holidays
Yep gota agree, the slopes have been awsome this past week, now begining to thin in places on the lower stuff but its still great skiing, not icing to bad but wont belong before some of them will start to.

No off piste here due to ability, yep top of the glacier has been closed since Monday due to avalanche risk but re-opened this afternoon so going to head up there tomorrow (Friday)

Still got two days here before we jet out, as roscoeh says, it could do with a freshen up as I'm seeing the odd rock or two poking out on some of the runs but nothing major to worry about as theres still bucket loads here Smile

Right beer time
latest report
GeorgeVII wrote:
mmmm.... It's a bit quiet on here. I just know that you're all too busy enjoying the snow and sunshine.

George just a hetic week skiing and partying with young blonde gappies wink wink
ski holidays
What fantastic weather all week, although a bit warm the last couple of days and some areas of 'hardpack' starting to come through, particularly at the top of cretes, and where Trolles drops into Lac there was some bare and icy patches on the return journey at 4, but fear not, the overall conditions are brilliant Very Happy

Bit more windy today than since Sunday

A section of snow above the road into Tignes dropped onto the road this morning, but amazing to watch them clear it in minutes.

Will try to post some pics when possible
snow report
stewart woodward, Tee Hee, very droll! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just booked flights for the 22nd. So far,so good for the "young blonde gappie" by all accounts.

See you in a week or so. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GeorgeVII wrote:
stewart woodward, So far,so good for the "young blonde gappie" by all accounts.

Which one? The 'young blonde gappie' or the 'younger blonde gappie' wink wink
latest report
stewart woodward, better not be my daughter you're speaking about Twisted Evil

http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/seasonairehead.html

http://www.planetski.eu/news/3405

Dads' coming out in March to kick ass Toofy Grin

That's if I can be bothered to leave paradise in the Mountains for suburbia en Montagne snowHead*

Mention the word "skinning" to 99.9% of dudes in Tignes and they probably think it has something to do with Rizzla Smile

*that is a joke so please don't take offence...............much!

**that said if I have to come up again I'll be staying in St Foy Smile
latest report
Another gorgeous morning over Tignes

snow report
Quote:

Which one? The 'young blonde gappie' or the 'younger blonde gappie' wink wink

Hi "young blonde gappie" here. Very diplomatic stewart woodward Laughing Anyway GeorgeVII, we will let you join our party next week.
ski holidays
Ok, so I'm far from an expert on snow conditions but further to Admin's email, I though I would take 2 minutes to report on conditions over the last week as I sit on my sofa waiting for my post holiday take-away to turn up.

It snowed on our arrival on the 7th, and last Sunday there was 4 to 6 inches of fresh snow on top of the combed piste, all over the resort, cue much whooping and hollering on our first descent down Combe on Sunday morning.

There was no further fresh snow after that, but there is so much in resort I cant imagine they would be ditching it over the side of the access road if they were short..... Weather is fantastic, a bit of cloud as observed on the Val d'Isere webcam on Friday night, but that came to nothing, if your out there in the next 7 days I think you'll have a great time

The wind did pick up as the week went on, and some surfaces were progressively getting cleared by the wind and some 'hardpack' came through but nothing to cause concern as far as I know. The snow cannons were running all night Saturday.

Finally, thanks to Stewart Woodward for some great instruction for our group, it was 'sick'.... man wink wink
latest report
I was there last week too rookierich and this is a fair assement. 'Hardpack' with some ice especially on the tree lined runs back to Val. Not so bad on the Tignes side again except the runs to Le Brevier and Les Boises. Basically anything that was not getting the sun was pretty solid with accumulations of the powdery pisted snow being pushed to the edges of the runs.

It was fine though pretty testing. If you are a beginner or not confident on the hardpack (ice) and staying at the lower villages or in Val you may want to consider the cable car back until the new snow comes later in the week. There is still plenty to play with though.
snow report
Looks like more sunshine for the next couple of days then snow is forecast on Thursday. Madeye-Smiley

Just in time for the weekend Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
And just in time for me going down Very Happy
ski holidays
cjbram1, you might want to reconsider that last statemnt Embarassed Evil or Very Mad !
ski holidays
GeorgeVII, fingers crossed for that fresh batch .... arriving 21st !! Yippee snowHead
ski holidays
doogo wrote:
cjbram1, you might want to reconsider that last statemnt Embarassed Evil or Very Mad !

Honestly, you can't write anything on these forums these days! rolling eyes
snow report
Quote:

Honestly, you can't write anything on these forums these days
eg see post elswhere about 'Honeymooner seeks advice for first time...' Shocked Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy