Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Tignes 2011/2012 snow report

Poster: A snowHead
Not as much as we might have liked. Heavy snow again! Someone is going to have a stupendous time here next week. We have had a very good week despite the visibility challenges several days.
We'll just have to come back. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bogusman wrote:

We'll just have to come back. Very Happy

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Tignes and the bare patches didn't spoil your holiday wink It has still not stopped snowing since this morning, although it is very light at the moment.

We are promised some sunshine tomorrow Very Happy with more snow later in the week Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still snowing but has been very windy this evening (although seems much calmer now). Have had a couple of great days so far, but would be nice to see the sun for a few hours tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward, Hi Stewart. Just wanted to thank you for leading the "Southern Gas Board" breakaway group. And also for the tips on how to stay the right way up in all that lovely deep snow. A fantastic sunny afternoon tour followed by a proper white-out on Friday morning. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS. have PM'd you ref e-mails.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi GeorgeVII,
Glad you enjoyed our ski. I thought you belonged to the 'North Western Gas Board' as your accent is more from the wrong side of the pennines than the south !

Fantastic day today clear blue skies, cold temperatures and run after run of fresh powder Very Happy Very Happy Still more snow forecast for later in the week so more POWDER Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:
Fantastic day today clear blue skies, cold temperatures and run after run of fresh powder Very Happy Very Happy Still more snow forecast for later in the week so more POWDER Very Happy Very Happy

Sounds like good preparation for Saturday.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OMG how good was it today? Sun, snow and untracked (well for about an hour snowHead ).

Sat with family enjoying a quick pint in the Bagus Bar but that has to be one of the best days I've had. Due a top up later tomorrow so Friday could be better!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More snow overnight (about 10 cm). More POWDER to ski

- Sorry must go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sat looking out of window and it's a bit of Umming and ahhing moment as to the days activity. Snowing hard still and the kids aren't too enamoured with. The idea of skiing in these conditions.

Trouble is that snow forecast have changed their forecast again to pretty much constant snow until we leave on Saturday. Don't want to waste the opp. Oh well, it could be SO. Much worse!!!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am going out on Saturday, what is bothering me is that no snow is forecast at all. Even a few cms overnight for a freshen up would be nice.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roscoeh, You being serious? Amazing snow conditions at the moment. Another 25cm due over the next few days.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know there is a ton of snow Rick but what I am worried about is come wed everything will be chopped up. My wife does not like to go too far from the runs which means we may find it hard to find some nice fresh tracks. (any suggestions let me know)

Just a couple of cms of fresh overnight would be nice though. I am happy that the visibility it is looking pretty sunny. Can't have it all I suppose.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roscoeh, Shocked Shocked Shocked there's loads more snow coming down tomorrow, loads already there, and it looks like you'll arrive in sunshine, good cold weather, cleared roads and the best snow conditions in early January since time immemorial.

Some people really are never satisfied! I bet if you went out with a guide for a day they'd find you some great fresh tracks and your wife can ski on gorgeous pistes with perfect snow.

After tomorrow's snowfall I guess a great deal of the off piste will be very dangerous - so the bits not tracked out might be for a good reason. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The pistes are stunning. Actually had a great day so far. Got some fresh tracks and even had fun at the bottom of the Palafor' just messing about with the kids.

Vis is pretty poor though. Sat in restaurant waiting out the worst of it.

HeaRd a really loud siren earlier. I'm guessing a big avalanche but not being local I'm not too sure. Hope that whatever it is, everyone is safe.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
To answer my own question. It was a test. First Wednesday of every month. Very ominous sound though. Can imagine why the Blitz must of been like Sad (well apart from the bombs, deaths, rationing etc)
ski holidays
Hey guys, great to hear about the conditions- thanks for all the updates etc.

As a decent skier wanting to get into the powder properly for the first time, where is best to go that is safe- doesn't matter if it's a bit tracked out. I'm thinking in the trees in Val D'isere? We're staying at Val Claret, so I guess there aren't many trees around there..

Has anbody done Sache or the other runs which go right down to Tignes Les Brevieres? What are the conditions like?

First day of skiing 8th, pretty excited for what looks like a bluebird in amazing conditions!
snow conditions
Today was a bit horrible, but the sun's just come out. View from my room looking up towards the Solaise:

snow conditions
Markoncarp wrote:
To answer my own question. It was a test. First Wednesday of every month. Very ominous sound though. Can imagine why the Blitz must of been like Sad (well apart from the bombs, deaths, rationing etc)

Sent a shiver through me as well. First time I have heard it in 6 seasons. No chance of getting out today due to apartment repairs, but watched people really enjoying the powder off the side of Trolles while repairing my shutter.
snow report
Another great day - powder from start to finish, but the wind was brutal at times. NickB, can't believe that photo - I barely saw any blue sky today in Tignes! Weird how it can differ over such small distances.
snow conditions
alan empty wrote:
NickB, can't believe that photo - I barely saw any blue sky today in Tignes! Weird how it can differ over such small distances.
It wasn't quite as nice as the image makes out. The wind at the top was very strong according to my lad. I had to go to the Lift Pass office in Val to get evidence of my Carre Neige for a claim and a couple came in to buy a 3-day pass and the woman behind the counter tried to persuade them to buy a reduced-price one-day ticket instead explaining that tomorrow (today now) was likely to be a no-goer.

People are going out in droves though, even though it's snowing non-stop and getting worse. I imagine la Daille will be packed today!
snow report
clong wrote:
Hey guys, great to hear about the conditions- thanks for all the updates etc.

As a decent skier wanting to get into the powder properly for the first time, where is best to go that is safe- doesn't matter if it's a bit tracked out. I'm thinking in the trees in Val D'isere? We're staying at Val Claret, so I guess there aren't many trees around there..

Has anbody done Sache or the other runs which go right down to Tignes Les Brevieres? What are the conditions like?

First day of skiing 8th, pretty excited for what looks like a bluebird in amazing conditions!

Runs are all good down to Les Brevieres. Let me rephrase that. They are GOOD.

Little hint: if you are down in Breviers and there is a queue for the Sache bubble, take the breviers lift (no queue at all last week - even when the bubble was snaking for miles) and link to the Boisses bubble (also no queue), which ends exactly at the same place as the Sache. Chair might be a little slower, but overall has to be good.
ski holidays
How busy will the Epace Killy be next week?
ski holidays
roscoeh, not
latest report
roscoeh wrote:
How busy will the Epace Killy be next week?

Probably the quietest week of the year following New Year.
ski holidays
We normally find that the 2nd & 3rd week are typically very quiet across all the resorts. Thus why its one of the cheapest times to go away.

Looking forward to hitting the slopes Sunday. Not been to Tignes in a few years Smile
ski holidays
roscoeh, jammy so-and-so, we've got to wait until 22nd to get on the slopes .... don't ye all go and ruin that good snow now snowHead
latest report
Today was a bit of a write off. Heavy snow all day so we've been over to the dark side and have boarded all day in the nursery slopes. Lots of people out though.

Tomorrow could well be epic though with only a small amount of snow forecast for the morning before clearing up. There is a tonne of snow building up out there and it is going to need skiing before the next lot of visitors arrive in Saturday!

I personally will be in that 1st lift and will be taking advantage before we leave Saturday lunchtime.

Sad

Still, only a few weeks until a nice weekend in the PdS (can't imagine it will be as good as this week though)
snow report
Had a really fun day despite not much being open and the visibility being poor - we staggered off the mountain at 4.30, but there were few people around on the last couple of runs. Loads of snow and I agree with Markoncarp that tomorrow it will need to be skied Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still snowing, but incredibly windy. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
snow report
Markoncarp, alan empty, fingers crossed the lifts open for you..
snow conditions
Is it true there's a risk of avalanche in Val d'Isere (town) tonight and there's a curfew, bars closed, no vehicles in or out, hotel staff stranded at work? (Makes you realise that there can be such a thing as too much snow).

PS - We need a "smiley" for "concerned/worried/little bit scary"
snow report
SuburbanSkier, Yes - see http://www.radiovaldisere.com/
latest report
How lucky am i? Two seasons ago i went to Formigal in Spain with no snow
and last season to méribel in march which was more or less.
Going to Breviéres on Sunday for a week , it´s going to be fantastic!!!

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
kitenski, thanks! Still snowing and very windy at the moment. Today's going to be a bit of a waiting game I imagine.
latest report
The worst of the storm appears to be over Shocked It is still quite windy but nothing llike last night and the snow is falling vertically downwards rather than horizontally/vertically upwards rolling eyes
The poubelle monitor cannot work this morning as the poubelles cannot be seen Puzzled The new monitor is the path outside our a apartment which has a thin track through it with 2 meter drifts either side rolling eyes I think i will need my arva to get to work.

The weather and travel conditions last night were trully appaling. Some friends travelling back from Scotland took 5 hours from Albertville with the last 1 KM taking approx 1 hr. The roads were blocked with the usual idiots without chains and the snowploughs had to drag some coaches up the last hill into Tignes as they did not have chains on Puzzled

This morning it is like a war zone whilst they try to make the slopes safe. Avalanche risk 5/5 and i would be very suprised if any lifts open on time.

A FREE coffee, & maybe a MUFFIN, to anyone who overhears someone complaining about TOO much snow Confused There will be someone

p.s The roads out of resort are open, the local buses are running Very Happy
snow conditions
The view from my window is one of lots of expectant people staring at static lifts. The sound of explosions around the resort confirm that they are doing their best to make the slopes safe, so eventually we will be up there.

I can actually see about 400 yards across to the lake now so it's definitely getting clearer.

Here's to a safe, knee deep afternoon to everyone on their last day skiing! Cool Cool
snow report
Markoncarp wrote:
The view from my window is one of lots of expectant people staring at static lifts. The sound of explosions around the resort confirm that they are doing their best to make the slopes safe, so eventually we will be up there.

I can actually see about 400 yards across to the lake now so it's definitely getting clearer.

Here's to a safe, knee deep afternoon to everyone on their last day skiing! Cool Cool

Very jealous
snow report
can't say I'm too jealous - must be extremely frustrating!
snow conditions
God Im bored. Just looking out the window at the lifts and hoping they will open. Can see sun through the clouds (although its just a dull orb) but it must be a good sign... isnt it?

Last day skiing - MUST ski!!! Sad
snow report
Looks like I might have scored the right week then, leaving early Sunday hope to be on the slopes by midday all being well Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy