Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Tignes 2011/2012 snow report

Poster: A snowHead
tiffin, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
heading out to tignes for the first time over new year . i will be watching this thread very closely snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tim000, fine choice! Good news on the snow front for those coming out soon... It's dumping right now!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rorie, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bloodyell!! It's winter on the Tignes webcams this morning - it looks just about skiable to Val Claret**!!

Great stuff! Very Happy

**Er, subject to using your ancient rockhoppers....Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good news if your not on holiday in Tignes! The glacier has been closed for the last 3 days due to snow and high winds. That's a bit of a pain if your only here a few days, but awesome if your coming next week!

Look at how much snow is in Tignes, never mind the glacier.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rorie wrote:
but awesome if your coming next week!
Please say that again Happy

Nice photo.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Awesome!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rorie eeeeeee! Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My son was doing snow dances all week, arrived yesterday for two weeks training and it looks like the dancing has worked, hope he all his friends have a great camp. So jealous......
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh my goodness gracious! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, AlanB1976, VolklAttivaS5, Scot_Ski, Pedantica, two days of sun and Tignes looks a bit different now. Keep up the snowdancing snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rorie, obviously snow at resort level doesn't last long at this time of year. Have you been up on the glacier since the last snow?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm working away this week. TDC Gavin me that the wind has blown away most of last weekends fresh Crying or Very sad bring on the next dump
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
None forecast sadly, hope that changes for this weekend.
ski holidays
1 month till I'm there. PLEASE SNOW, PLEASE!!!
snow conditions
3 weeks and counting... bring it on. see u out there Rorie.
ski holidays
Not very impressed with the upcoming weather forecast for Tignes on MeteoFrance. Warm, sunny weekend, followed by three days of rain. Sad
snow report
Nooooooo...... is it just me or does it look like "winter" is still very far away Sad

I got really excited when they mentioned on the news that the UK will be experiencing a "mini-ice age" earlier
snow conditions
AlanB1976, it's coming! It's rather chilly on my building site this morning! I'll be skiing everyday from the 20th October regardless snowHead
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
Not very impressed with the upcoming weather forecast for Tignes on MeteoFrance. Warm, sunny weekend, followed by three days of rain. Sad

Rain, a true test on the marketing claims of "fully waterproof" ski gear Smile
ski holidays
Is it just me or does Grande Motte look a little "bare" (from webcam)
ski holidays
Fear not snowheads! I skied today and loved it. It is firm but awesome training conditions. Racers will love it, as will anyone who is trying to improve their technique. Right rob@rar?
snow report
rorie wrote:
Right rob@rar?
Too right! Good to be challenged, and this weekend's Inside Out crew are rising to the challenge! Photos are soon as I can upload them.
snow conditions
rob@rar, I hope the mid-weekers don't disappoint...
ski holidays
As rorie said, conditions are pretty firm, and as the day goes on patches of proper ice are being exposed so good technique is rewarded. Reasonably quiet this weekend, with just a few clubs on the glacier, and this week should be quieter still. Weather has been lovely, and the forecast looks like snow from Wednesday.

ski holidays
rob@rar, hope there are some nice sharp, stiff skis to borrow. I'm not bringing mine - they're not great on ice anyway.
I'm just about to bubble wrap the vodka bottles. Toofy Grin
latest report
Got to pack. Not keen.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A tale of two halves today. The upper section of the grand motte and 3500 were in great nick with good grippy snow but the middle steeper sections are very icy with little snow cover and were very difficult to turn on. The French A team had the piste nearest the cable car reserved for training and that had been in the best shape of the middle section pistes but was out of bounds. Lower down on Champagny it was okay on the sides of the piste but ice coming through in parts of the middle of the piste so we worked on skiddy stuff and everyone did real well

at about noon the upper part of 3500 softened up and was superb. After the teams packed up we had fantastic grippy snow up there till last lifts. Fab finish to a good 3 days with the first lot of the Inside Out Ski Club. Another 11 arriving tonight and we are hopeful of similar conditions snowHead
snow report
Good call skimottaret, there's no such thing as bad skiing conditions, just good conditions skied badly! I reckon a ski lesson would sort out the moaners snowHead
ski holidays
rorie, didnt recognise you up there today with the hat and shades Blush yeah our guys sucked it up and did real well and learned a few things, was nice for em to get some good stuff to hoon about on to finish the clinic on though...

was really cool to see the top boys and girls up close in a very very icy course. Ciprian Richard (sp) was on the cable car with us first thing and he looked to be top boy in the course from the few we watched. i got some video of em but our connection is slow here so unable to upload.
snow conditions
I was up yesterday and loved it, but I'm working in Pralognan La Vanoise this week, coming back to Tignes this weekend for good.

It looks like you'll need your powder skis on Wednesday!
snow report
rorie, oops meant to say yesterday... lets hope for a powder day to finish the trip off snowHead
snow conditions
It'd be nice... your working on a super long Hemel at the mo!
ski holidays
rorie wrote:
It'd be nice... your working on a super long Hemel at the mo!
Laughing Sort of, but sunnier!
latest report
rob@rar, it sure is great weather at the mo, and perfect for improving technique. 4 more sleeps until I stop being a high-altitude builder! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
here is a clip of one of the French team running the GS training lane today. Look out for the grey areas around the gates, bullet proof glacier ice with whooly mammoth tusks about to poke through wink Was great to see such skilled skiers able to cope with ice so easily, can be done !!

http://vimeo.com/channels/insideoutskiiing#30681009
ski holidays
skimottaret, who uses vimeo? I had to get an app for that. Lol!

Awesome to watch the pros at work. It's great to see how it's supposed to be done!
ski holidays
rorie wrote:
coming back to Tignes this weekend for good.

See you Saturday. Looking forward to a free coffee and lots of 'training juice' from TDC wink Very Happy
snow report
Free coffee? Didn't I mention that I'm a poverty stricken ski bum?

Marc de Savoie on the other hand...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy