Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on new Skis!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

I am looking for some advice on what skis to buy! I currently ski on salomon thrusters, which are the first skis ive owned and i absolutley love, but they are in terrible condition and too short for me now.
I have been skiing for 18 years, and i worked as an instructor for a season (you'd think id be able to decide on skis for myself - but there is so much choice!!) i love skiing powder and carving on piste and I enter the occasional freestyle competion so i would like twin tips. Im used to skiing on a short, light ski which i prefer, but im always open to suggestions.!

Basically im looking for the best all mountain twin tip ski i can find! (at about 156-160 cm as im about 5.3) for off piste, carving, bumps and the park!
does anyone have any suggestions??!!

Thank you!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Indi

I like my punishers so would give them a look. Heard K2 Kung Fujas are pretty good too but haven't skied them
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
indi, welcome to snowheads,

there are loads of skis out there to choose from and prob this is one thing that makes it confusing. Most of the twin tips now are skiing alot shorter than there length because of the change in the rocker shape. However this maybe a good thing for you, as it makes some of the new twin tips a better all mountain ski.

I have been skiing and testing the new Movement Mosquito for quite a while and think its a great new ski, I do not normally link to my own site as other SH's will tell you but for this ski I will http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/Ski-Tests-2011/2012/Movement-Mosquito-Review

Iam sure lots of other SH's will come forward with there suggestions wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
have a look at whitedot one/preacher
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livetoski wrote:
indi, welcome to snowheads,

there are loads of skis out there to choose from and prob this is one thing that makes it confusing. Most of the twin tips now are skiing alot shorter than there length because of the change in the rocker shape. However this maybe a good thing for you, as it makes some of the new twin tips a better all mountain ski.

I have been skiing and testing the new Movement Mosquito for quite a while and think its a great new ski, I do not normally link to my own site as other SH's will tell you but for this ski I will http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/Ski-Tests-2011/2012/Movement-Mosquito-Review

Iam sure lots of other SH's will come forward with there suggestions wink

errr, just looked at link and shortest is 172 and OP wants 156-160 Puzzled
im same height and get one well in wide range of conditions - icelantic pilgrim. they are supposed to be skied shorter, so im on 150, but think they do a 160.
demo in a snowdome near you?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bitoffluff,

errr, the Pilgrim is in 151, 169 and 179 NehNeh

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 5-09-11 20:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thank you so much for the help so far!! much appreciated, im reading up on all the suggestions now!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
indi, I can't vouch for many skis (I've only skied Movements, Icelantics and Whitedot Freerides... oh and some Salomon Screams) but can say that the Icelantic Pilgrim and the WDF The One are both great twintips suitable for all mountain.

The effective edge on both skis are shorter than the ski length, so you should be fine if you like 'em short. I'd say that the WDF Ones are stiffer than the Icelantic Pilgrims but Dot. can provide firmer details on that.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Atomic Theory 168 or 177
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Line Blend, quite wide underfoot, but superb in all conditions. They have also stood up to 2 full seasons of abuse!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy