Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

e111

Poster: A snowHead
The rules are changing on E111s again. If you didn't get around to updating your form when it moved from household to individual cover, you now only have till 31st August to get it sorted at the Post Office. After the deadline, you need to leave enough time for a postal application

This version of the "Health Advice for Travellers" booklet, available as webpages from the links below, is valid only until the end of August 2005, after which the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will be introduced and an updated version of the booklet will be made available. Form E111s issued after 19 August 2004 will continue to be valid until 31 December 2005. From September 2005, the EHIC will be issued by a central agency and not by the Post Office; however, the new version of this booklet and the EHIC application form will be available from the Post Office and other sources. The new booklet will explain how to apply for an EHIC and will give advice on the changes to entitlement and the claims process. If you apply for an E111 in 2005 and tick the appropriate box on the application form, you will be sent your EHIC automatically, prior to the expiry of your E111 on 31 December 2005.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/HealthAdviceForTravellers/fs/en
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My new E111's turned up last week after having re-applied earlier in the year. Very flash. Who needs identity cards now!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

is valid only until the end of August 2005, after which the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will be introduced

Got my card already - how's that for efficiency? Thank God we don't have to carry a (soggy) bit of paper in our jacket pockets any more......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bet we only have to show our shiny new EHIC cards to the piste rescue services and everything will be taken care of. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Only in your dreams Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yep, mine turned up last week too. now safely tucked away in my travel document wallet so it doesn't get forgotten.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mine turned up this morning
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well mine turned up, now all I have to do is remember where I put it Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have mine but not valid until 1st Sept so will need bit of paper for holiday next week
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I applied for mine a week before my girlfriend. Her's arrived last week. No sign of mine yet......

I feel cheated!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisb, hope you've got new bit of paper, not old one!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have your cards turned up as a result of recent new applications or because you ticked the box on the application form used to obtain the E111 last year?

CP
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CP, mine turned up - I ticked the box when getting the one that's valid for this year. It arrived last week, I think, so I guess they are drip feeding them out to the nation.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago - as a result of ticking the box on last year's application form.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ditto. Smile
ski holidays
On the door mat when I arrived home this evening, one for each of the family.

Another bit of plastic for my wallet.

CP
latest report
CP,
I got ours last Friday. I would guess that they are sending them out batched by postcode, as I guess yours and my Postcodes are similar.
snow conditions
Anyone in South West London received thiers yet?
ski holidays
My shiny plastic E111 card arrived down here in the South West(ish) coast about 2 months ago. Silly bu99ers. Don't they know I'm not a proper Brit??!!? Shocked NB my application in the first place had to be mailed to some office in the middle of nowhere unrelated to anywhere else precisely because I'm not a proper Brit....so no doubt my card got (in)different treatment too.
ski holidays
Ours haven't arrived yet. Definitely ticked the box on the application form.
snow conditions
I'm a bit skeptical about e111's since an experience in Greece last year. I was rushed to hospital after a nasty cycling accident (broken collar bone & wrist, serious head wound). The receptionist in A & E seemed to speak perfectly good English until my girlfriend produced an e111. She then mysteriously lost her ability to understand until my girlfriend found details of our travel insurance. I suspect that even though we were at the only hospital on the island, I would have received limited (if any) treatment if I'd relied on the e111.
snow conditions
E111 = way for your insurance company to eventually recover some of its costs
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:

So that will mean lower premiums then........... Shocked
snow report
I Agree, the E111 is not to be overrated, quote from the website;

Quote:
free or reduced-cost necessary treatment is available – in most cases on production of a valid Form E111

This is the kind of treatment that one would receive anyway, treatment above this level requires good insurance and/or a VISA card.
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
D G Orf wrote:

So that will mean lower premiums then........... Shocked

Well it did mean lower/no excess last time I made a claim.
snow report
Just to say that if anyone thinks they ordered an EHIC via the tick box on the E111 form (Aug 04-05) and hasn't had it yet they should call the EHIC Enquiry line 0845 606 0707.

This is because all the EHICs ordered by this method have now been sent out, this doesn't apply to anyone who ordered an EHIC directly only those via the E111 form.

There will be a press camapign, radio and other things happening to let everyone know.

By the by another good reason to have an EHIC is that it covers you for pre-existing conditions which most insurance policies won't. So if have asthma for example and have a problem when abroad your insurance may not cover you.
snow conditions
EHIC DH, welcome to snowheads!
ski holidays
I have 2 EHIC cards now, maybe they think im going to lose one?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I ordered my EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) via the website. It arrived just two days later, which was a bit quicker than I was expecting.
snow report
Mine dropped in the post the other day, appraently automatically sent after I got one of the interim cards for out trips in january!
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk, me too!

and welcome to snowHeads, EHIC DH, snowHead
snow report
I got 2 too since thay made a bit of an back bottom of sending me the first one, oh well two are better than one
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy