Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"One for the Dryslopers!"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
gatecrasher, Any idea on the sorts of costs involved ? Interesting that they seem to overlay in on dendex ?

I'll pass the link over to our slope manager, who knows !!
AndAnotherThing.., I'm purely a user of the slope but Beau Jeste, will be able to fill you in on the details....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=88579&start=40

The Proslope is not laid on top of dendix, what you see in the video is the remains of the old slope which was used temporarily while waiting for the final shipment of matting, its now been replaced, it's definitely worth a visit though!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks TechHead....

I try and avoid the hype, I'll let other people do the talking. After the comp on Saturday at CC there was a lot of very positive comments from guys (ironically sponsored by fridges) from all over the country - which was (slightly smugly) satisfying!

However, there have been many false dawns for 'dry slope' products in the world. Ironically if you look at products on the continent they are 30 years behind the UK, which I think says something about the fanaticism of the UK for snowsports?

Money in the industry is the big issue. Most sites around the country are not run as commercial bodies, therefore do not have the cash to 1) spend on repairs and essential maintenance and/or complete replacement.

So pricing is crucial and I've made it to be competitive against other products but also affordable to the industry. The crucial determinant about getting money into the industry to update centres, is the return on investment and it being realistic. Without that, the UK domestic dry slope industry will continue to 'wither on the vine...'

Proslope is designed to be fitted alongside Dendix (not on top!) for sites that cannot afford a full re-fit.

As for longevity, the surface uses PBT which is known as the longest lasting 'memory' filaments. Arguably PBT caused the downfall of the 'mesh' product. When all you could buy was PVC, the manufacturers had a steady supply of repeat business. When PBT came along, centres stopped buying for 10-15 years and many now only buy when another centre shuts or has invested in a new surface Confused

Christchurch's income has doubled since laying the new surface with people coming back to 'dry slope' and preferring it to fridges, so we have the empirical and anecdotal evidence that it works.

We now just need to spread the word... (off my soapbox...) Smile

Chris
chris@proslope.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beau Jeste, Hi Chris, Are there any other centres using it ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've got four projects on the go for this summer. As we're under a non-disclosure agreements I'm not at liberty to say, except one will be in Cornwall...

Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another new product entering the UK is Neveplast. Sounds like similar claimed benefits to Proslope/ProSno: cheaper, faster sliding, longer lifetime, safer, and better grip than dendix. I have no idea how Neveplast and ProSno compare. I have not used either, but trust the opinion of several ski instructor friends who have tried Neveplast. I should disclose that 2 of my friends are involved in bringing it to the UK, so I will leave anyone else to look up info about it before I start sounding like just an advert.

It's about time there were some better dryslope products on offer, and if there's 2 new and supposedly better ones then hopefully they can compete, to help make all dryslopes more enjoyable and more financially viable.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most new stuff cannot accept slalom gates or brush stumpies so is rather limited for better skiers. I do not just mean rat eyed gate fanatics but plough to parallelers using them for better turning ability. I decried gate use for years but have been a latter day convert, OK they need a few skidding inspired lessons as well but gates really help intermediate skiers.

One of the major worries over "flat" surfaces are it's ability to wear out skis, this was a major problem with one of the surfaces; I would like to hear from people skiing and working a lot on the various makes to give a heads up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic, gates are no problem regarding the Op product.

Edit & to add there are a lot better all round skiers there than me who don't do gates but may be one for another thread hey Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.vebra.com/stagsnew/property/22117671
In Cornwall this one Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TechHead, Didn't he have a dendix sale recently?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cynic, possibly, I think someone was trying to sell dendix at £10 a mat and they were down Cornwall way. Perhaps the Dend has made way for prosno if this is the secret private testing site Toofy Grin Anyway good luck to them, they have been at this a long long time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TechHead,He needed green for the planning ( his £10 mats were VFM we bought some). As possibly this hill will?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cynic, green pro-sno? Where were the mats from originally at £10 they must have been secondhand already?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TechHead, Dendex in my opinion and I have skied on most surfaces is the best, learner slopes in flat material I concede are a good idea. I have no idea on availability of other products in green, even skiing on green Dendex is rather odd to start with, it is more expensive and I believe more U.V sensitive than white.

Nothing beats indoor snow!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
simon_bates wrote:

It's about time there were some better dryslope products on offer, and if there's 2 new and supposedly better ones then hopefully they can compete, to help make all dryslopes more enjoyable and more financially viable.

I thought Neveplast had been around for 10 years or more?
ProSno is qute new.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy