Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More Scottish Ski Trips For Me!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

just watch for camera vans on Rannoch Moor!

Not just there - regular spot on the long straight after the Bridge of Orchy hotel before the bridge and the hairpins up to the viewpoint. You'd think there was a really good chip shop or a burger van nearby or something wink Oh, there's both, silly me Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
So it looks like the main place i will ski when using my brothers place will be Glenshee. Also it says Cairngorm is 91 miles away - yet takes 2 hours??? The A9 has speed limits of 60 and 70mph. Im sure it can be done in less than 2 hours, a lot less infact. The same goes for Glenshee, 1 hour to do 40 miles, surely the A93 must be a national speed limit road as well? Ive skied at The Lecht but i wouldnt go back, wasnt impressed.

I do Aviemore to Perth en route to central airports at least once a month and its generally 90 mins unless you're hammering it, then add another 10-15 to go up the ski road. Quite difficult to keep your true average much above 60 on a9 - of course you could but not necessarily safely or comfortably

Re my JOKE about xscape earlier, closer to 2 hours these days with the works at Cumbernauld on the way in.

I really like the lecht, small as it is, for a day of fun lift-served it's top notch, esp for families - the amount of effort and commitment they put towards their punters up there they definitely deserve the business. If you have the opportunity, get yourself round to all the resorts - getting round all of them in a season is a nice little target for yourself and leaving a few quid everywhere will help ensure overall survival / success

I predict visible fresh snow on the tops by 3rd week in August. You know it makes sense

IS IT Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gilberts Fridge, Me thinks your looking into this a little to hard. Simply a way to get a few snowheads together for a cheap ski weekend. Going up together and staying somewhere free will cut costs down for everyone concerned.

I think Gilberts Fridge might be referring to another, somewhat controversial, thread titled "Free Accomodation, Free skiing, for the 2012 Season -Swiss Alps" ... Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
II wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, Glenshee is the largest ski area in Scotland... however the runs are quite short.... on the west side the tiger is a steep black and Carn Aosda is a nice red/blue however the real gem is Glas Maol... if the tow is open... there are many lines down from the top of the tow... the marked runs are a black and a red but that doesn't do it justice... 2 photo's

I don't often get as all the other centers are a lot closer for me but I'm pleased I went last season

Off the side of Carn Aosda to the road is also pretty nice, reasonably steep, and seems to hold snow better than some other areas. Off the other side (away from the resort) looked to have good potential too, if you're willing to skin back afterwards.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball wrote:
This is part of the steep back corries of Nevis and is the reason for going there. (The -sort of- piste ways in are not as steep. This is off piste.)

See "Post some summer stoke.." for more.

Now that looks like a lot of fun!! Lift accessed?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999, yes fully lift accessed if the Braveheart Chair is open and the run outs to the front are complete. Without the Braveheart, the lifts will still do most of the work.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Winterhighland, Where are you based and normally ski at? Need to get some scottish ski buddys up and running!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Winterhighland wrote:
clarky999, yes fully lift accessed if the Braveheart Chair is open and the run outs to the front are complete. Without the Braveheart, the lifts will still do most of the work.

Cheers - assuming I could get to Fort Bill train station, do you know if it's possible to get to the lifts form there with public transport?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Winterhighland, how many days did braveheart run this year?.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999, you can jump on a bus. Might be quicker sorting a lift/getting a taxi/hitching though because I'm not sure how frequent they are.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok cheers, wouldn't be too keen on splashing out on a taxi after stumping up for the train from Aberdeen... Will have to investigate.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If coming from Aberdeen, it would likely be substantially cheaper to take train to Inverness and City Link bus to Fort William (or Spean Bridge) - for tomorrow £60 cheaper.... Skullie Doing the entire journey by train involves going down to Glasgow Queen Street and coming back up the West Highland Line (though this journey would be worth doing for scenic reasons, esp when snow is down on Rannoch Moor, but you'd spend a day making the journey).

If going by road the A944/A939 route over the Lecht Pass through Strathspey and the A86 down Loch Laggan to Spean Bridge is the way to go weather permitting!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999 wrote:

Now that looks like a lot of fun!! Lift accessed?
Yes: the top is about 50 yards from the normal top lift. If Braveheart isn't running you have a 10-15 minute walk out (depending on snow level) to get to the traverse back to the front lifts.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 21-07-11 10:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers for the info guys, I'll have to make an effort to get over some time this season!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Glencoe is certainly my favourite Scottish ski resort. You have to pay it a visit!!! Would happily come join you for some fun in the White stuff if you manage to get there. It's only about an hour in the car for me!!!
ski holidays
Touretteski, +1 Smile
latest report
Winterhighland, Where are you based and normally ski at? Need to get some scottish ski buddys up and running!!!

Count me in. Based in Glasgow. PM me nearer the winter
ski holidays
glasgowcyclops, Will do, i will let you know in the winter, just hope we have a good winter!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy