Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge 2 Edge

Poster: A snowHead
Fair point, although it was intended to be in a tongue-in-cheek cheeky plug context, especially as we offer you members a discount. Apologies for not going through the motion of introducing myself to the community, however in order to prevent anyone from having a gripe about any blatant self-promotion with such an obvious username I have refrained from posting under this guise. The account was set up purely to provide a direct link between Piste of Mind and Snowheads following a discussion at the Birmingham ski show about providing services for the PSB and other potential trips. Until now I have refrained from plugging myself on the site and it certainly won't be something I make a habit of, but if someone else has already done it then it's fair game surely?

Onwards and upwards indeed - to the Alps and up the ski lifts! Have a great winter everyone, however you choose to get your kit out to France.

Andy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi All!
Erm....I'm a little confused about E2E not being anything to do with Skis2U?? I was at the ski show in London and saw the same guy that owned and ran E2E promoting skis2u??? and from the sound of it (my friend was chatting to him and I chatted to him last year re E2E) anyone shed any light on that?
confused.com
In the meantime will check out Piste of Mind...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Piste_of_Mind_Andy, Prices very similar to airline prices, but without the hassle of carrying it I guess; I just couldn't guarantee to be home 36 hours before departure and then to receive the returned bag - that bit is more of a hassle for me than carrying it myself. I can see plenty of folk using the service though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi All!
Erm....I'm a little confused about E2E not being anything to do with Skis2U?? I was at the ski show in London and saw the same guy that owned and ran E2E promoting skis2u??? and from the sound of it (my friend was chatting to him and I chatted to him last year re E2E) he was the boss. Anyone shed any light on that?
confused.com
In the meantime will check out Piste of Mind...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Monague_puds - I wish I could help. I had no idea they were at the London show this year as I didn't see any skis2u stuff. Hope you like what you see over on our site - our new booking systems launches very soon and we have big plans for our site in the future.

@holidayloverxx - 36 hours before your arrival in resort is the latest safe collection time - i.e. you want to ski Saturday, we have to collect by Thursday afternoon at the latest. We are launching a revised booking system in the next day or so where customers can select an exact date and time between 8am and 8pm (subject to availability) for collection and delivery of their equipment and luggage, so why not register for free and have a look at how it all works in detail?

Andy

EDIT: enabled reply notification
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Piste_of_Mind_Andy, Thanks, I'll certainly look at it for next trip to France, but as I've a flat in Austria that will be my main destination. When do you deliver back home? I couldn't see that on the website anywhere
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Montague_puds, I suspect that the former owner of E2E is now running skis2u - there was already a relationship between mountainsun and E2E in it's former life.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Piste_of_Mind_Andy wrote:
Sorry to jump in but I'm afraid you are misinformed, you are certainly not unique!

I guess that means you'll be changing your website where you say you are unique wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Unless they're both unique Puzzled wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, <-- just discovered that function

Good news for the future - we will eventually expand to serve other European ski destinations, obviously including Austria!

Once our new booking system is live you will again be able to stipulate the date and time most convenient for yourself, but as a general rule we like to return your luggage within 10 days of your return. We can provide seasonal storage for a small fee, but with you mostly travelling to Austria that is not a viable option for you at present.

I should really stop plugging PoM before I get myself told off wink

Please don't hesitate to use the contact form on our website if anyone has any questions.

Andy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Holdaylover - yeah I suppose....but I didn't think you were allowed to run another business if you have gone bust?? or maybe some time after?....anyhoo like you say it's prob something to do with mountainsun.

Piste_of-Mind_Andy....they didn't have a stand, he was on someone else's but can't remember which one! sorry, memory of a goldfish!
Had a look at the site....so you guys pick up from your house?? what's the deal with weight?? I got hammered last year on my flight out to Val!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i was thinking about using the skis2u service till Joanne Mountainsun, said she could not provide details about locations. now looking at Piste_of_Mind_Andy, offering as at least so far he seems to be upfront about things.

lPiste_of_Mind_Andy, so here is a question if i just wanted a couple of sets of poles and boots transferring what would i pay. Also my boots were custom fitted by a well known person on this list in Bicester, would your insurance cover the full purchase value, or just the actual boot cost?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Montague_puds, There's a difference between being a director and, say, general manager.

Piste_of_Mind_Andy, Thanks - will keep an eye out

ansta1, In the interests of balance, why not just click the skis2u link - all the info is there very clearly
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, Colin B,

Ok fair cop again, but in our defence the service we provide is unique in the following ways.

One ski carriage company uses third-party carriers to transport your equipment, which means your equipment is not necessarily guaranteed to arrive on time, for example in bad weather and at weekends. Alpine regions are often restricted delivery zones for multi-national couriers, and may not offer the regular, careful and guaranteed delivery that we do.

In comparison to another, we offer a simple pricing structure for collection from any address on the UK mainland and do not require our customers to pay extra for either our door-to-soor service or for them having to transport their equipment to a centralised location. We do have to restrict bookings from particular zones to certain group sizes, however we are usually in a position to bend the rules and squeeze an individual collection into our schedule. We intend to offer a full service nationwide in the very near future.

There is another significant reason why our service is unique, but there are underlying complications involved and it would be unprofessional for me to post it on here.

Andy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Holidaylover...yes I know there is a difference and you are probably right. Just all seems a bit strange!

Piste_of_mind_Andy....instead of hassling you on here, I am going to give you guys a call tom! the discounts for groups etc look amazing and loving the fact you can take my giant (or will be when stuffed) suitcase too but just want to know what the weight limits are etc
Looks unique to me...nice to know my stuff stays with you guys instead of being passed around to other couriers and NO planes!
snow conditions
Montague_puds, no worries, thanks for the info. we have no restriction on weight as long equipment is packed in luggage specifically designed for the job. As long as the bag zips up we'll carry it without charging you any excess weight. We will pick up from your home or place of work, and deliver it at the end of your holiday (or even season - we love seasonnaires!)

ansta1, we don't normally collect luggage without skis/snowboards, although we do like to bend the rules and help people out. We are fully insured as European couriers and have a high level of goods-in-transit cover in place. This also covers any time in storage before dispatch to resort on the next vehicle.
If you have something you would like to get out to France please get in touch through the contact form on our website and I will be able to give you more information about how we might be able to help.

Andy
ski holidays
With a service like this, I reckon I'd be much more likely to travel by train, as it's carrying everything eg between stations in Paris, which currently puts me right off. Must look into it...
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, my issue was that despite saying she was part of the company a simple question about location of the drop off point was deferred to the website. If I was an an employee of that group of compnaies I would have made a quick phone call or email. Just rings a little alarm bell with me when people working for the same company can't provide what should be answers to easy questions
latest report
ansta1, I guess, although I know both Joanne and the mountainsun set up and while she is usually helpful if there is something that would be better answered by another part of the organisation she would point you to it. If she had answered you'd probably have then gone on to ask more detailed questions (as you have done above) that she couldn't answer

Pedantica, Good point - that's what puts me off too
snow conditions
Red27, agreed, however we actually delivered around 35% of 'Skis 2 U' ski luggage last year, at cost, in order to assist when their logistics chain couldn't cope; we even delivered essential vehicle parts to France for free so we are not totally bad eggs! When the business went down it did so owing us money, therefore it was a surprise to see them back as 'Skis 2 You.' That said the mountains are big enough for all of us and I sincerely wish Marc the best in his venture, it was a great service and doubtless will be so again; any service that helps skiers in these lean times is to be applauded. My drivers are passionate about the service they provide and that may have come across badly in the previous post. I shall endeavor to reign my young bucks in for the future!
snow report
pisteofmindltd, certainly seems like you are not bad eggs.....in fact looks like you were very helpful seeing as Skis2u were your competition, doubt many other companies would have helped out the comp! Maybe it was a bit too nice though as you are out of pocket, must have been a bit irritating to see them resurrected under a (slightly) different name without them paying you. Hope they a good enough to sort it out!

Sounds like skis2you is the new name for ski2u for sure, just with a slight spelling change! same guy, same name, same website etc etc. Think I'll stay well clear as obviously they were doing something wrong to have gone bust in the first place (also that they were using the competition to get the job done), all sounds a bit dodge!

Emailed a pal who used a ski courier last year for some recommendation and it turns out it was you guys, she said you were amazing! there were 9 of them and she said you took everything for them and they all got on their flight with only hand luggage, sweet!
latest report
Piste_of_Mind_Andy, Very sorry! I realise others do ski delivary; we also do equipment rental and delivary.
latest report
Montague_puds, When E2E went into receivership during the summer Mountainsun too the successful rental side of the the business under its wing and we are now running this part (and the skis delivary from UK) as skis2u. At this time we bid for the name and website E2E but we didn't get this, and therefore the company NOW trading under the name of Edge2Edge is NOTHING to do with Mountainsun. Marc, who used to run E2E is working for us and running the UK side of Skis2U - obviously his expertise is essential to us!
ski holidays
ansta1, I'm sorry I didn't provide the information you required - I was busy and misunderstood your question (I thought you were asking me about where our depot was for ski rental - which is in France). If you go onto the skis2u website all the information about our delivary service is on there. I wasn't being shifty or not "being up front" about things.

I know that E2E was much liked by lots of snowheads and I know that many of you come and visit us through the season - I wasn't trying to ruthlessly promote a new business on here. It was a thread about E2E going under (sadly) and I thought some would be interested in what's happened - we were hoping to salvage something from E2E and I thought it might be of interest to some! There is nothing dodge going on! Montague_puds, I'm sorry you feel that way! E2E are not trading under a new name - we are a separate company who took on the ski rental and delivary side of the business. Marc is working with us ...

Kind of wish I hadn't posted now anything now! I think I've been totally misunderstood! I thought it would be a case of "ah, interesting - well good luck with that" and the end of it!
snow report
Joanne Mountainsun, i didn't ask the original question, and to be fair i thought it was pretty plainly put.

quote..
Joanne Mountainsun, Where are your UK Warehouse and affiliated drop-off locations? Can't seen to find the details on your site!
end quote...

don't be put off by us snowHead we're a funny old lot.
snow report
It was plainly put - I just didn't read it properly and for this I apologise; being busy and misreading something is not evidence of me, mountainsun OR skis2u being dodgy though!!!!
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, certainly didn't suggest anything dodgy and your apology is accepted. It's an OCD thing with me I just kind of like simple straight answers wherever possible and try to avoid 'contact us' links on websites for a number of reasons.

Who knows I may well give you guys or Piste of Mind a call.

holidayloverxx, As mentioned I didn't ask the original question, I just don't like 'email us or check out our website for the info you need responses'. Particularly when the question being asked is not answered on their website, unless I've missed it somehow which is not beyond the realms of possibility of course.

The original question was simply were is the depot to drop off bags for carriage? And a general location would have helped in deciding whether to follow up my initial 'ooh that could be quite useful' or instead respond with a 'I'm not going to drive 200 miles or wait 5 hours for a courier'

being overly picky yes, but then I am a potential customer
snow conditions
Joanne Mountainsun, thank you for explaining everything...I now understand the new set up! Prob best in future to maybe put some info on the new/old websites to stop so much gossip plus it may have been easier on you if you had just explained it all on here at the beginning before it looked stranger and stranger with all the speculation! Anyway, good luck to you and Marc with it all, I hope it goes better for him this time round!
Also agreed that you shouldn't be put off coming on here, I'm pretty new to it too and although it seems to get a bit heated sometimes I have found it really helpful so far!

ansta1, I haven't tried S2U but I spoke with a Andy from Piste of Mind today (the same one in the messages above) about what I need taken out and he was really really helpful. So defo give them a call instead of messing around with the sights, I agree they can be annoying and prefer chatting to real people! plus I got a discount!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1, Agree the skis2u website is gash - talks about dropping skis off at their warehouse but no mention of where it is etc. Doesn't inspire confidence that they've thought through what customers might want to know and very very limited service - there is a ski world beyond the Tarentaise somewhat surprisingly.
ski holidays
Montague_puds, As I've said, we can't put anything on the old websites by way of direction or explanation - someone else has bought the name and website.
fatbob, It IS a limited service and nobody is pretending otherwise, a really tiny business, starting out. Hopefully not everyone will write it off before it starts - but only time will tell; difficult times and all that! The main part of the business is the ski rental in that area and we're offering a small delivery service and we'll see if it works ... or not. Feedback on a new business and website is, obviously, really useful and comments re location of drop off is noted. There is a contact page on the website with the address and the service also can collect from your home. However, it's obvioulsy not detailed and clear enough and we will change that as a result of what's been said. To say the "skis2u website is gash" - why so aggressive!?!?!? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
Joanne Mountainsun, I'm a potential customer - the first thing I look at is price to see if it's cost effective versus taking them myself - it might be if I can get the warehouse drop off. Guess what = no details of warehouse location. So its a fail with me - I simply can't be arsed dealing with a business that hasn't thought it through that far. Customer feedback is a bitch sometimes eh?

I could sugarcoat it and say it's fantastic with a few areas for improvement but why should I?
latest report
fatbob, That's fair enough - and no!, customer feedback is NEVER a bitch! The wording was aggressive , which always seems unnecessary to me; the point you make is a good one. Thanks for the feedback - it'll be sorted!
ski holidays
Has anybody bought any of the ex-hire skis from Edge2Edge recently?
ski holidays
iotarho,
Quote:
Has anybody bought any of the ex-hire skis from Edge2Edge recently?
Are they really selling skis iotarho, Puzzled
ski holidays
Jivebaby, As stated above, Edge2Edge as we know it went out of business in the summer. Someone has bought the name, website and stock from the receivers ... this is a completely different company to the one that was based in Crawley. Whoever the people are operating as Edge2Edge now are probably selling the old stock? But I really don't know.

Edge2Edge were buidling up a successful ski rental business in France - this has been taken over by Mountainsun Ltd who has set up the company called Skis2u - Marc who was the MD of Edge2Edge (as was) is now the manager of the UK side of this business and we have a manager in France running the French side. We are not associated with Edge2Edge as it now is, although there is a link to both mountainsunltd and skis2u websites on their site which we paid them to put there in the hope that any old Edge2Edge customers looking for us might find us that way.

fatbob, and others regarding the previous discussion your feedback was taken on board re the carriage part of the business - the address was always there on the contacts page, a link has now been added in the relevant place to give you the address without having to look for it. Thank you for pointing it out.
latest report
Joanne Mountainsun, Many thanks for the clarity - wish you all the best in your endeavours.

Just a thought for your French side -have you considered a meet and greet to hand over skis or have a desk arrangement at GVA for pickup/drop off's as this would potentially save you logistics/costs and deliver a good solution for skiers? I know there are flaws in terms of fitting as this wouldn't suit novices, however if you aim at the premium end...?
ski holidays
From what I gathered - was that they were selling ex-hire skis. Or was I completely misreading the info?!
snow conditions
iotarho, don't know - you'll have to look on their website;

Jivebaby, We deliver to wherever you're staying. Warehouse in Centron so not close to Geneva - having said that Mountainsun run daily transfers so that wouldn't be impossible if that's preferable to the customer so not a bad idea - thanks!
snow report
Edge 2 edge sucks balls, soooooooooo happy they went under
latest report
Is there a place that hires and delivers snowboards straight to your hotel in tignes that someone can recommend!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy