Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
I know it's snow-forecast.com and net weather, but, erm..............cross your fingers!

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Glencoe/6day/top

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski%3Bpage%3D7%3Btype%3Dwinter%3Bcountry%3DScotland%3Bresort%3DGlencoe%3Bsess%3D#forecast
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So looking like snow over this weekend... Everything closed and looking bare at the moment so I take it not much point this weekend. Could mean next weekend is a go-er? What's it looking like for during next week? How much will it take to get things looking good again?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobmcstuff, one good snowfall could have things up and running. It just depends how good the good snowfall is Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
replace "good" with "magical" and we could be close!

will take slightly less snow to get the more interesting places up and running though Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys, so maybe not then...

I see the Coe Cup has been rescheduled to 24th/25th March as well. Busy that weekend though Sad

Still holding out for some decent Scottish sliding this year! I don't need much, just enough open runs to justify the drive up from Manchester...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not looking good, I'm afraid.

Unlike last year, when there was more snow in Glencoe than there was in Alpe d'Huez when we had our annual skiing hol.....the skiing at the end of March was spring snow, hard as concrete first thing in the morning and then it went to sugar. But at least there was snow; there's hardly anything up there at the moment. High winds blew a lot of it away back in January and then the warm temperatures of the last few weeks have melted the rest. There's no base for any fresh snow, so it will need a massive dump and some cold temperatures to get anything out of the rest of the month.

Gutted - I live an hour from Glencoe and under 2 hours from Aonach Mor and I've only had 3 weekends skiing this winter.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wadgebeast, there's still plenty of snow in the main basin and it wouldn't take massive amounts with some wind to get it going again up there. It';s painful being so close and not getting much time in.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Things looking a bit better at Glencoe this morning. Forecast not too shabby either.

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As the Red Bull 50/50 is still on as of this afternoon, it means Coire Cas will be 'tidied up' for Saturday and with a good forecast it looks hopeful that we'll get at least a little lift served sliding on Sunday on CairnGorm.

The break in the Main Basin uptrack has shortened considerably during today and there is quite a bit of drifting into the upper Main Basin at Glencoe today, so will see what happens overnight. We've had unrelenting gales for pretty much a month, it's been like perpetual autumn, but it looks like perhaps a much more settled spell coming up for and after the weekend, which means it maybe possible to get Glencoe up and running again - there's been hardly a day for several weeks that the Cliffhanger could have run due to wind and without the Wall T-bar having snow, that's been as much an issue as the logistics of fixing the Main Basin uptrack.

Sadly no significant new snow in the pipeline, indeed no meaningful precipitation for the East for the next 2 1/2 weeks has been the trend on the GFS ensembles, however getting the Main Basin T-bar open would give us the Main Basin, Spring Run, Flypaper, East Ridge on the upper mountain and off the Cliffy the Wall and the Canyon at Glencoe.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
looking like a temp drop and some snow around 15th/16th March??? Worth watching
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fingers crossed Greg! Not sure if I ever got round to putting these up from last year...

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
this is what the models have thrown up, it could change in the next 6 hours, but looks promising!

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

^Coire Cas, Sunday 11th March 2012. Crying or Very sad

For those of a nervous disposition the following link contains images most viewers may find distressing....

http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=775
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its so sad. Really wanted to do some more skiing in Scotland this year
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like I'll be walking/biking next weekend then!
latest report
Hi,

I’m up in Fort William 10th to 15th April and I was wondering if its possible to rent of anyone a pair of skis and boots ( size Cool for my son for a day or so during this time even if lifts / slops closed ? As i have my own board etc and will do some hiking up top and maybe play around on few gullies / patches. They can be old etc just hoping you or someone else can point me in the right direction !! thanks in advance for any help
ski holidays
Really want winter to come back Sad

Started so well
latest report
Alans deep bath, I agree, such a great photo and we looked on for a great season. Its amazing that we have gone from that, to nothing!!! Just been looking at the Cairngorm webcams and cant believe that there isnt even some slush to ski in!!!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, don't think Cairngorm cams get cas/gunbarrell where I think there's snow? Plenty at Glencoe...
snow report
Virtually nothing in the Gunbarrel now, but upper Cas is still skiable, but uptrack shot to pieces. No real change since the weekend. Photos from Wednesday at Glencoe on Winterhighland.

^In the Haggis Trap, Main Basin Glencoe.

More: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=776
snow conditions

^Flypaper on Wed.
latest report
Im up in Scotland on a "family visit" from Wednesday 11th to Sunday 15th April. Fingers, toes and everything else that is possible to cross is being crossed, hoping for one last major dump of snow so i can get a days skiing in somewhere!!!
snow report
http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/578510/c7b5b97cfc/ARCHIVE
snow report
Best of luck with the Coe Cup guys.

I'm afraid I won't be back up skiing in Scotland unless there's a major snow event and the way things have been going this season I'm not hopeful I'm afraid. Usually I'm an optimist but I'm afraid the appalling season we've had (certainly at Cairngorm) has sapped my optimism for the season - certainly in terms of work instructing we've been truly shafted by the weather and I'm working on the basis that Easter will be a washout so have no plans to be in Aviemore for my usual 2+ weeks. At least Feb half-term was busy and went well despite some atrocious weather and worsening snow throughout the week.

I hope that's not it but I'll not be holding my breath I'm afraid! Sad
latest report
Going to try and get up there on Saturday if I have my work out the way. Anyone else headed?
snow report
roga, youve been quiet this season mate. Where have you been hiding!

Alans deep bath, im up there on Wednesday 11th - Sunday 15th April. If there is any snow i will be about, let you know nearer the time, but it isnt looking promising!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, I'm just on about Saturday tbh. I've got the golf clubs out Laughing
latest report
There are tentative signs of the potential for a big pattern change in the weather as we roll into April, though nothing is certain, esp given the persistence of the displaced Azores High. In the short term the Coe Cup is on this weekend and the weather looks good, the Cliffhanger Chair will be open for those competing and anyone else that's up with skis/boards, so a chance to get up and play on what's on the upper mountain with a bit less leg work than would otherwise be required. Imagine the Wall will see some action it's about 2/3rds complete and can be skied from the Cliffhanger without any uphill leg work!

I gather CairnGorm Mountain had budgeted for 60,000 skier days this year and are sitting on 44,000, they are still hopeful of reaching the 60k figure despite it looking all but certain we will have the first March without tows turning for skiing since commercial uplift begun in Scotland. In April 1998 CairnGorm turned around from bare mountain to full cover with a couple of weeks that rank right up there as some of the best sustained fresh powder riding day after day in one of the worst seasons on record. You just never know.... Keep snow dancing!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I very much hope there's an Easter resurrection coming for the Scottish ski season too. It's the first season since 2005/2006 that I've not even set foot on Cairngorm mountain & my all-area pass still owes me about 1/2 the cost of its outlay.

Alan'ssteamyshower, I have a tutorial to go to on Saturday morning at Glasgow Cally but hope to get up to Glencoe for the PM.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, have been away the last 5 weeks, 3 of them with no internet access but apart from that there's not been a lot to shout about (apart from a week in Meribel lol) this season I'm afraid. As I say pretty much one of the worst I can remember Sad

Winterhighland, I hope you're right and hope CML can pull in those extra skier days or statistically this season is gonna be as bad as they come. In terms of Easter (and the all important overnight visitors) I think it's probably already too late to be honest, certainly season workers in Aviemore were drifting away after half term and ski school is winding down for the season now. The only thing that has made it marginally less bad for me (after a dire Xmas/New Year period for work) was a surprisingly busy Feb half-term despite the increasingly marginal conditions as the week went on.

As I say not much to shout about I'm afraid but here's hoping for April!
latest report
Sad to see the snow departing us so soon Sad

Next season is only a summer away though Very Happy

moffatross, I'll text you if I'm heading up on Saturday. The back is still sore so may not make it.
snow report
Just booked a cottage on the shores of Loch Chon. Lovely location would love to have some snow!!! Fingers crossed and i hope the weather was to possiboy turn like Winterhighland, maybe suggested
ski holidays
Just been up at Glencoe helping Dot., Jeremy and the Whitedot guys shift some snow around for the Coe Cup tomorrow. There is loads up there still so it should be a good event and I've spotted a couple of potential lines. It's somewhat better than that photo above suggests. The other gullies still look skiable as well.
latest report
wigglies defintely heading downwards into April.....but too far away to call yet!
snow conditions
I'm not going to make it up tomorrow, gutted I've got too much work to do! Hope all goes well and looking forward to seeing pics/videos.
latest report
Stuck in work as well tomorrow Sad can't wait to see the videos and i'll be entering next year Very Happy
latest report
Cracking day for it, really looking forward to vids and pics.
ski holidays
Looked good today:
snow report
I got a bit of video of both my practice run and the comp run so will swing that up here later on. I know one guy got everyones helmet cam footage so an edit of it all should be up at some point and some guys from The Scotsman were up filming as well and are going to stick the results online.
snow report
meh, top work. How was the snow?

Stephen Spiers posted some photos on Facebook and it looked like there was decent opportunity to go pretty big...

More: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=692797563&sk=photos
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy