Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heel Lifts Q

Poster: A snowHead
he was perhaps just copying what he'd seen or read elsewhere and passing it off as if it was his work or understanding. These things happen, there are solutions, but unlikely the bottom feeders will come up with them themselves. Had a bunch of these problems coming out of resort shops professing to be the people that are not, fecking crazy, remebmer a similar story some years ago, "we're all called Sven", if your buddy really isn't happy then he should get a full refund, if he's using the footbeds and liners then i guess that is a bit trickier.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CEM wrote:
DB, wow that sounds a bit rough rolling eyes

A bit rough !!!!!!? At least Dick Turpin wore a mask. Mad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

A good idea, especially if you're pretending to be something you are not.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Please check your PM's.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
he was perhaps just copying what he'd seen or read elsewhere and passing it off as if it was his work or understanding. These things happen, there are solutions, but unlikely the bottom feeders will come up with them themselves.

no bottom feeders round here, they appear to all be working in ski resorts

BTW i and the rest of the world are still waiting for you to show me all the stuff i have copied and pasted onto here.....not sure I am the one "pretending"
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DB, Have done, not sure I have anything further to add.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CH5, would have quite happily discussed with you, not sure the world needs to hear my thoughts on your thoughts about other's thoughts.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 13-04-11 19:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If you are so convinced I have no problem with the world knowing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CH5, Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing at you own unfathomable jokes....sad really rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CH5, At least they're my Jokes, funny or otherwise. Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And there was me thinking fatherhood might actually cause you to grow up and stop talking in riddles..... How wrong I was
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

And there was me thinking

Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
DB, Have done, not sure I have anything further to add.

I'm surprized, all I asked you to do was to help me identify this particular bootfitter in Chamonix but for some reason you don't want to. Why don't you want me to identify this "pretender" as you call him?

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 13-04-11 20:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB, I look forward to hearing more about it when you can shed further light on it.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
DB, I look forward to hearing more about it when you can shed further light on it.

It's OK we will get a proper bootfitter to sort him out and then probably make a trip to Chamonix next season to find this pretender.

It's a shame that unqualified 'bootfitters' with a few years experience can make out they are the best in the world and then give customer service like this. Any muppet can sell ski boots for 'normal' feet you really only see the quality of a craftsman when it comes to a difficult job.
latest report
DB, That's a bit harsh, but agree on some of your points. Your buddy is welcome at SOLE anytime, would like to see what's been done and talk through the process with him.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

That's very kind of you. These 'bootfitters' do tend to move around so I'm sure we will be popping into most of the Chamonix bootfitters. It's always nice to put a name to a face (especially if he might have ripped your mate off for €380).
snow report
Quote:

These 'bootfitters' do tend to move around so I'm sure we will be popping into most of the Chamonix bootfitters. It's always nice to put a name to a face (especially if he might have ripped your mate off for €380).

Not to my knowledge do they move around, too much in-fighting between shops. The guys from the store in question have been at it for 2 years, before which hadn't touched feet in so much. I'm sure with a telephone you could get the answers you need, perhaps your friend could have asked you for a recommendation, perhaps then we'd have more to discuss.
snow conditions
2 seasons yeah but I suspect he had them re-fitted 2 to 3 seasons ago. I only found out about it recently when I met up with him after a few years for a ski touring week. Problem is before he realized the problems weren't going to go away (needs time to let them bed in) he's already back home and another trip to Cham just to get the boots sorted isn't so easy.
latest report
DB, ah, I think I can see what might be happening here. Has a friend of yours been to Footworks, under my watch, recommended by you, had some refitting work done, been told that he can have work done at Lockwoods if things don't work out?
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

First of all I didn't say it was Footworks or that it might be you or your workmates on a public forum - you did.

It went like this ....
My mate went to a bootfitters in Cham and had the work done as described. I didn't reccommend the boot fitter or shop. When I met him last week he had new boots and I asked him what had happened to his old boots, he then told me the story. I tried to recommend you but it became evident that you or your workmates might habe been the ones who carried out the work in the first place. (Another friend who has done a season in Cham was also there and knows the Cham bootfitters). I'm still trying to identify who did the work hence the reason I asked you for a few names / pics via PM. I've no interest in criticising someone's business especially when they have another mouth to feed and was hoping to identify who it was and then discuss this in private with you if need be. It appears you prefer to do this on a public forum.

My mate has probably already written off his time and €380, he might just want to let it drop. Whoever fitted his boots was super confident although apparently this boot fitter hadn't too much skiing or bootfitting experience. I'd like to find out who it is. Nothing personal but if it turns out to be you or your workmates then I will have to stop recommending you.

We are customers, we just want boots that fit and perform, value for money, and no bullsheet or bickering.
latest report
Cool, happy with that. As said, am happy/happier if your buddy would like to perhaps contact me direct and i'll try see if I can help him direct and identify the person responsible in private, that is if he feels the ned to pursue it. I have 5 names that spring to mind on the basis of what has been stated here none of which are or would be related to our current business, SOLE if the information proceeding is in all parts correct. No bootfitter is secure from making a mistake, confidence is often the best way a novice can get a chance to ply their trade, training and qualifications don't exist in our business, oneday, perhaps they will, until then time served and experience is key, personality, albeit a factor is a tough thing to manage.
ski holidays
DB, Sounds like the 'Tea Boy' did the boots. Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy